Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

WeednFeed Harvesting/Bottling Carrots

WeednFeed

• Member ID:  433
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2305
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  23813
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  35
  • Birthday:  05/28/1957
  • Device:  Macintosh

Wow stated digging carrots to get them ready to bottle/can them.this is 45 pounds. I have no idea why I planted this many. I have  another 200 pounds in the ground. I just finished 17 five hundred ml jars in the canner. That’s only 15 pounds or so. Mrs Weed and I will do another batch. Called our niece she has 5 kids, we’ll send them a bunch and I’ll dig, clean and deliver a bunch to the soup kitchen. God knows they can use them. 
I’ll post a picture of the bottles when I take from the pressure canner. 
Just a friendly reminder if you can help out the food banks and soup kitchens near you please do. Covid has taken its toll on so many folks.

D5C6391C-6F13-474B-8140-0C9D3A964E03.jpeg

Batch number 1!

662E9766-6DBE-437E-959F-5AEE231BA22C.jpeg

• Member ID:  989
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  261
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  17976
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Achievement Points:  131717
  • Days Won:  251
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946
  • Device:  Windows

• Member ID:  800
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6905
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Achievement Points:  57893
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957

• Member ID:  922
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3472
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Achievement Points:  23224
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/01/1975

wow, nice 

u got some green hands 

Edited by ChknFngr

• Member ID:  22619
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  132
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3595
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Achievement Points:  35023
  • Days Won:  22

Second batch. One more tomorrow. A lot of work but well worth it.

A3C5615B-EB78-495D-A36A-016D86693D7E.jpeg

12 minutes ago, AthenA said:

Are the borders open yet, @WeednFeed ? ;)

You get A+ for trying lol. 
Prayers to everyone in Quebec dealing with the pain inflicted by a senseless act.

My heart always breaks hearing of these such sad things.

• Member ID:  28478
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  605
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, WeednFeed said:

Wow stated digging carrots to get them ready to bottle/can them.this is 45 pounds. I have no idea why I planted this many. I have  another 200 pounds in the ground. I just finished 17 five hundred ml jars in the canner. That’s only 15 pounds or so. Mrs Weed and I will do another batch. Called our niece she has 5 kids, we’ll send them a bunch and I’ll dig, clean and deliver a bunch to the soup kitchen. God knows they can use them. 
I’ll post a picture of the bottles when I take from the pressure canner. 
Just a friendly reminder if you can help out the food banks and soup kitchens near you please do. Covid has taken its toll on so many folks.

Canning is the only way I will survive in the future. For some reason I feel my days going to the store are becoming short. What you're doing is what EVERYONE should be doing. You are living my dream. I have plenty of glass, great dirt,  land, water, metal for a frame to build a green house so I can grow year round but lacking time right now which is my fault. I should of started 8 years ago! Well done sir. You clearly are smart prepared and thinking outside the box, or was this all your wifes idea if you're married?  🙂 If so... you both ROCK! 

Behind every great man is an amazing woman. 

Then again some men are badasses by design. 

5 hours ago, DrDysl3xia said:

You clearly are smart prepared and thinking outside the box, or was this all your wifes idea if you're married?  🙂 If so... you both ROCK! 

Behind every great man is an amazing woman. 

I’ve had a garden for years. We’ve bottled and froze our harvest before but now that I’ve decided to retire we see this as a way to become more independent. This takes quite a bit of effort but it is worth it. 
This is mostly my idea but the Mrs is a real trooper and really sees the benefits.

Covid has really impacted our movements. My parents are 88/85 and are in very fragile health. The least amount of time I have to go to the stores the better. I can’t bring COVID to them, it would be a death sentence. At 63 I have no desire to run to the stores for supplies. I buy in bulk everything I require when it comes on sale. One example is butter when it comes on sale I save $2.00 per pound. I buy 40 pounds and save  $80 dollars. I just freeze the butter.

This is the way my father taught me. We grew up poor and dad saved a buck we ever he could. Sadly the world now is a THROW AWAY WASTEFUL PLACE. 

2 hours ago, WeednFeed said:

This is the way my father taught me. We grew up poor and dad saved a buck we ever he could. Sadly the world now is a THROW AWAY WASTEFUL PLACE. 

Your father taught you well.

This throw away society is the reason most of us are spoiled brates from tampons to toothbrushes. How did the folks before us ever survive?

The origal homestead here started in the 1800's mining for gold. I have old rail road tracks going across the property from it, their original well and much other. We use the railroad ties to build fences to cabins foundations today. 

Fast forward to 1995 is when the last homestead bailed out of here and all they had is still here. They messed up bad. They build way to close to the aurora and during construction they failed when it rained one time. The spot I'm talking about is like a ghost town. You would think someone was still living there and everything scattered around has not been touched in 25 years. But they left a nice new well, water lines to solar electric and you can see they really tried to make it. 

The acer lot I'm currently on was their garden and after being here a while I see why they failed even though they had a great setup. From the mice, rabbits, cows, deer to bugs, this place is hungry. I can leave an apple out and not long I can watch the ants dismember the apple and and take it away. Nothing is waisted here. Mothernature takes care of everything. To grow anything I have to build a Fort Knox to keep everything out. Wish I was joking. The focus has been building other things and the greenhouse has been put on hold. 

Your first picture of the carrots I noticed the grass and my first thought was, "oh grass". Yea no grass like that here. Not becaue it won't grow but because someting will eat it and not enough water to keep it alive. All vegitation here is full of thorns or some other thing trying to poke or kill you. 

The way I'm describing this place it sounds like everything is dead.  Far from it. There is more life here than any major USA city. You just can't see it.

Could you show me your process for canning? Hate to ask for anything but I'm trully interested. This topic is gold to me.  

1 hour ago, DrDysl3xia said:

Could you show me your process for canning? Hate to ask for anything but I'm trully interested.

Just go to YouTube. Search any University or Cooperative Extension for canning. It is very important to do as they say. There are 2 types of canning water bath and Pressure canning. Some foods require higher temps.........this must be done with a pressure caner. Some foods will need lemon juice. Also I suggest what ever caner you buy, it is essential to have the manual for that model. Pressure canning is safe but the procedures MUST BE followed exactly.

It is also god to know certain food items can better than others. Vegetables types can have certain strains that can better than others. The carrots we caned were not the best for that purpose. I had my first planting get washed out by a thunder storm the day after planting. Due to Covid the seeds I wanted were not available for the replant.

Good Luck

2 minutes ago, WeednFeed said:

Pressure canning is safe but the procedures MUST BE followed exactly.

Oh man... following directions without trying my own way has always been a problem for me. ;)

Great info.

• Member ID:  22619
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  132
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  3595
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Achievement Points:  35023
  • Days Won:  22

21 hours ago, WeednFeed said:

You get A+ for trying lol. 
Prayers to everyone in Quebec dealing with the pain inflicted by a senseless act.

My heart always breaks hearing of these such sad things.

Thank you, it means a lot. Senseless act indeed... I have no words...  it's beyond what's understandable ! It also affected 2 of our students... it's just terrible.

• Member ID:  25355
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

12 hours ago, DrDysl3xia said:

Oh man... following directions without trying my own way has always been a problem for me. ;)

Great info.

Follow the contrails and you shall find truth

hxtr chapter 1 verse 4

9 hours ago, RobMc said:

Follow the contrails and you shall find truth

hxtr chapter 1 verse 4

Oh my goodness that fing cracks me up. Hahaha

@Rugger is 100% correct. I fucked up so many times I don't deserve another chance. I love and respect the guy so much and for years I was afraid to talk to him. I felt guilty the past two days and PM'ed him letting him know this was hx and he was not pleased. I totally understand.  

Hey I'll stick around till I'm banned again. Told him I would do so. Untill then have fun with me. I won't take any offense. I'm a walking punching bag and it is all about the attention. 

Why did I come back?

I was board and I thought.. Humm let's go check out XI. 

I could make this forum rock again. It is who I am. I like to talk... but like Rugger knows once I gain ground I become an asshole. I think it is what mentally ill smart people do. 

Look I thought I was stupid all my life due to my spelling and reading problems.  XI over the years helped change that. I use to studder and couldn't talk in person. Yes me hxtr I couldn't talk to save my life. Hard for even me to believe. 

In close.. the only lie I told here is Mindcraft. All else is the truth. 

Rob... oh man I'm still laughing my ass off. That was fing funny.  

14 minutes ago, DrDysl3xia said:

I could make this forum rock again. It is who I am. I like to talk... but like Rugger knows once I gain ground I become an asshole. I think it is what mentally ill smart people do. 

We all genuinely miss you, but poor Rugger, every time he gives you a chance you go far too far, it's great to see your sense of humour/humor hasn't changed, hope you last until at least Christmas.

6 hours ago, RobMc said:

We all genuinely miss you, but poor Rugger, every time he gives you a chance you go far too far, it's great to see your sense of humour/humor hasn't changed, hope you last until at least Christmas.

Thanks Rob.  I always enjoyed your and I's interactions.  You were fun to respond to. 

Before your time I talked about moving here to 4390 Mountain Rd. Bisbee AZ. You will never find where I am btw why I have zero problem give you my address you asked for. Google maps does have the shop and battery room and you can see the solar pannels but no way will you find how to get here. Or am I just seriously directly challenged. Just know a scary place and I'll hear you a mile away unless super windy. 

Anyway I finally made the move after 8 years of talking about it. I should've come 8 years ago. 

Every house is sold in town so this badass cabin we are almost done with will sell fast. I'm living a freaking dream. The only reason I even turned my phone back on is so I can keep my appointment's with the VA. Only way to get my medication 50mg of Lumintal or Lumintragine. Otherwise I would turn this phone one. 

There was a post about me year or so ago and I was being emailed by a Head Admin who will remain nameless. They were poking me and I ended up saying I don't, I forget my exact words but still have the emails.. I didn't want to talk to anyone in XI. I want to apologize for that comment. I was pissed at the time. TBB use to call me but only for technical support.  I was having my monthly period and didn't return his call in 2 or 3 days.. and we haven't spoken sense.  Budman and I have texted each other but like Cruck... haha Crack we lost contact.  Crack called me like 7 months ago to check on me. Love both of them guys.  

BB and stayed in contact but 2 years or so ago she fucking called the cops on me. Boy was that some fucking drama. Long ass story but thankfully I didn't get arrested. It was very close. 

Why did she call them I hear you asking, because I told her I was firing all my customers and moving to the mountains in Arizona.  No like ask her. 

Fast forward to 6 months ago my best friend called the cops on me with BB's help haha because I moved here and said I can't wait to die and I fucking can't wait for it. We live in hell. 

What is so fucking funny the cops drove all the way from Sierra Vista AZ because Bisbee cops don't care and the cops couldn't kind me. 2 days later I turned off my phone. Called my best friend from high school just the other day and told him I wasn't mad anymore. 

Just wish folks would stop calling the cops on me. If I have a bad day just let it fucking go. 

My buddy Steve talked to the cops a mile away from me and let them know I was fine. 

I love it here. Hard at times but 100% worth it. I have built a garage, a house and part of one cabin. This is my new life and I love is so please don't call the cops on me. Hahahaha

I freaking love to laugh plus talk about the world and XI was my go to place since 2006. 

I won't be on much but until they bann me I'll stop in and say hi. Take care.. Jeff

Back on topic soon I'll be building a greenhouse so we can grow food year around.  Canning is what we are doing. Tips, suggestions whatever would be much appreachated. 

Oh I also built a a 2 acer pond. The cows, frogs and other loved it after a couple rains. Dry as can be right now. Rain will come this winter. 

You need to store the water underground to prevent it evaporating (serious) where you live it is the most precious thing, don't know how much money you have but ideally :-

An underground reservoir or an artesian well definitely top priority, need it to grow food, fuck showers

An electrical supply wind + solar with a battery storage

A telescope to view the contrails

That's it, you'll be ready for anything

I've been in a few deserts, the sex life ain't great, you may be interested in one of my overcoats ? might have one available soon, we're in lockdown and the parks are closing.

ps noted the above, but times move on, since you were last here Crack has given up dope and become a pastor, and Budman finally came out of the closet and is madam of his local bordello, both are very happy, Bud does special offers at weekends.

pps We might not make Christmas   🤣

• Member ID:  3139
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  2052
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  16789
  • Days Won:  18
  • Birthday:  04/20/1984

17 hours ago, RobMc said:

yea fucker! we miss ya but man u gotta do somethin with ur relationship with rug...if u let him dwn u let the clan dwn..if u truly respect him then ya gotta act like it even when fuckers are fuckin wit u and when ur DRUNK when we get drunk we get raw..gotta know when to jump off and get more drunk instead of being a dick..but i really  truly miss ur fuckin ass! shit is kinda boring without ur silly ass! :cat:

• Member ID:  20588
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  2523
  • Device:  Android

On 11/3/2020 at 12:09 PM, WeednFeed said:

There's one that looks just like my penis. Can you guess which one?.

btw job well done weed.

16 hours ago, Crack said:

yea fucker! we miss ya but man u gotta do somethin with ur relationship with rug...if u let him dwn u let the clan dwn..if u truly respect him then ya gotta act like it even when fuckers are fuckin wit u and when ur DRUNK when we get drunk we get raw..gotta know when to jump off and get more drunk instead of being a dick..but i really  truly miss ur fuckin ass! shit is kinda boring without ur silly ass! :cat:

The thing about crack and I we hold zero punch...

This is for you my friend. I have never had a real conversation with Rugger aka Chad. Ask him. 

You and I had many.

Chad and ours relationship is a bit different.  Chad is XI. We are the talkers. Chad is not. You and I can create drama out the palms of our hands. Chad... no way. 

Chad knows I had his back for years. He received every PM I sent.  Wrong or right I looked up to the guy but it was 100% a one way conversation. 

You and I talked deep over the years. I still have comfort in our words. .

Btw I miss Loader hard. Look I will never change but I will try. 

Look. I finally made it to Arazona. A life desire.  YOU HAVE been a cattlist for me and I truly want to thank you. 

Edited by DrDysl3xia

I'm living a dream. None of you including Chad will ever understand.