Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Another one of our very own.. We have some talented peeps

ANGU5

• Member ID:  2995
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  181
  • Topic Count:  690
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  4428
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Achievement Points:  48513
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  02/13/1966
  • Device:  Windows

I know there's some lag, because I've tried singing when Demonio was playing, but like you said, there's software that takes that into account.  Would still be fun, regardless 🙂 

• Member ID:  2845
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  6127
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/19/1990

Give a shout in the shoutbox if there is such a (spontaneous or not) jam party, I don't have improvisational skills to participate but I'd love to listen!

• Member ID:  20996
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1744
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15647
  • Days Won:  4

Nice song D  :guitar:

I'm a tone freak and very particular about mine....don't see it coming through very well on a team speak channel but it's a nice idea....or everyone can download Reaper,free for 90 days +(I had mine for over 250 days before I paid the $60) ..it's a great DAW(digital audio workstation) ,No it's not Studio One but very good with updates all the time and easy to use once you get used to it....oh yeah and buy an audio interface...may I suggest a Scarlett Focusrite.Then you can record through your computer,make a wav file and send it to someone else,they put it in their DAW under the project name...add your part and send it along as a wav file to someone else...etc...then you have a song and can ,later,when it's completed,mix it down and viola !! song by many contributors  :guitar:

Edited by Streetcleaner

• Member ID:  480
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  250
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2639
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  45791
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

On 1/8/2021 at 1:31 AM, Demonio said:

Aw Thanks a lot!!  Glad that you play too 🙂 I hack away all the time - that's most the fun...cheers!

I love playing, been off and on playing for 28 years, more on in the last 6 years than off. I mostly do covers of my favorite band Monster Truck, nothing hard, just good driven riff rock, I got a few vids up on my youtube if ya wanna check em https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZa6Uj4lC5mrwH8JBPJquVQ 

I have been pretty lucky, have gotten to know my favorite band on a personal level, they even hauled me up onstage from the front row unknowingly to me to play a song with them a few years back, blew my mind! Currently own a '72 Gibson Deluxe (used by lead guitarist of Monster Truck to record 90% of their first album) a 2011 '61 reissue in TV Yellow (Only 100 were made that year/color sold exclusively in Canada, she is a rare one, also, lead guitarist of Monster Truck has one LOL) a 2018 Les Paul Special in TV Yellow (yes i love TV Yellow) and a dark green '92 Gibson Special 

My guitars far outshine my abilities LOL

• Member ID:  26786
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1618
  • Days Won:  1
  • Device:  iPhone

On 1/8/2021 at 1:13 PM, MikeB said:

There are more musicians here than expected.  Im always looking for someone to collaborate with.  You have a home studio ?  Or was video taken elsewhere  ?  I see a Kemper in the background and a Carvin.

Hey Mike - Yes I have a studio.  I believe this is the third one I've had and by far my best one yet.  Gonna do some upgrades this year such as an Isolation room for my speaker cabinets, and a new console that controls my DAW perhaps, or a new studio desk.  Probably add a new guitar, drums and add a 5-string bass.....and more mics and preamps.....focusing on quality instead of quantity.  🙂

13 hours ago, Streetcleaner said:

Nice song D  :guitar:

I'm a tone freak and very particular about mine....don't see it coming through very well on a team speak channel but it's a nice idea....or everyone can download Reaper,free for 90 days +(I had mine for over 250 days before I paid the $60) ..it's a great DAW(digital audio workstation) ,No it's not Studio One but very good with updates all the time and easy to use once you get used to it....oh yeah and buy an audio interface...may I suggest a Scarlett Focusrite.Then you can record through your computer,make a wav file and send it to someone else,they put it in their DAW under the project name...add your part and send it along as a wav file to someone else...etc...then you have a song and can ,later,when it's completed,mix it down and viola !! song by many contributors  :guitar:

Thanks Street!!  Tone is every bit as important as quality playing.....I get a good signal direct out of my audio interface because of the loopback feature. Cheers!

13 hours ago, StormCrow said:

I love playing, been off and on playing for 28 years, more on in the last 6 years than off. I mostly do covers of my favorite band Monster Truck, nothing hard, just good driven riff rock, I got a few vids up on my youtube if ya wanna check em https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZa6Uj4lC5mrwH8JBPJquVQ 

I have been pretty lucky, have gotten to know my favorite band on a personal level, they even hauled me up onstage from the front row unknowingly to me to play a song with them a few years back, blew my mind! Currently own a '72 Gibson Deluxe (used by lead guitarist of Monster Truck to record 90% of their first album) a 2011 '61 reissue in TV Yellow (Only 100 were made that year/color sold exclusively in Canada, she is a rare one, also, lead guitarist of Monster Truck has one LOL) a 2018 Les Paul Special in TV Yellow (yes i love TV Yellow) and a dark green '92 Gibson Special 

My guitars far outshine my abilities LOL

That's really cool Storm - you have good tone and love what your doing to sit in the pocket of those MT songs....good job!  It's a special thing to know you r favorite artists personally and even acquire some of their gear....I dig that SG, but unfortunately I don't find them comfortable to play.  Keep on enjoying your music, guitars and keep playing man!!  🙂

• Member ID:  59
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2107
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15083
  • Days Won:  13

14 hours ago, Demonio said:

Hey Mike - Yes I have a studio.  I believe this is the third one I've had and by far my best one yet.  Gonna do some upgrades this year such as an Isolation room for my speaker cabinets, and a new console that controls my DAW perhaps, or a new studio desk.  Probably add a new guitar, drums and add a 5-string bass.....and more mics and preamps.....focusing on quality instead of quantity.  🙂

I helped a friend build a few API 500 series preamps.  He was chasing a better sound (never ending).  Funny thing is the preamps on his old Soundcraft mixer sounded just as good.   And we all dont have 200k laying around for a descent Neve.   I need to build an amp box.  A small isolation box opens up alot of tone possibilities !!   But I also have no issue cranking amps up to 11 in my studio.  Im in the country and have no one close to complain.  Plus I soundproofed the building really well.  But a small isolation box opens up alot of tone possibilities !!  Fun stuff.  

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14873
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Achievement Points:  90995
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

That is awesome. 

On 1/10/2021 at 11:03 PM, PimpedOutPete said:

That is awesome. 

Thanks man!!

On 1/10/2021 at 1:00 PM, MikeB said:

I helped a friend build a few API 500 series preamps.  He was chasing a better sound (never ending).  Funny thing is the preamps on his old Soundcraft mixer sounded just as good.   And we all dont have 200k laying around for a descent Neve.   I need to build an amp box.  A small isolation box opens up alot of tone possibilities !!   But I also have no issue cranking amps up to 11 in my studio.  Im in the country and have no one close to complain.  Plus I soundproofed the building really well.  But a small isolation box opens up alot of tone possibilities !!  Fun stuff.  

It IS fun - the tone quest....I just got a new amp plugin/standalone computer-based amp, Neural DSP.....very odd to play through a computer, but the tones and technology are real.  Used by some truly remarkable artists I know and I've decided to try it out - I'm blown away!! 

13 hours ago, Demonio said:

It IS fun - the tone quest....I just got a new amp plugin/standalone computer-based amp, Neural DSP.....very odd to play through a computer, but the tones and technology are real.  Used by some truly remarkable artists I know and I've decided to try it out - I'm blown away!! 

I have a few amp sims.  Waves GTR, Guitar Rig, Amplitude and Overloud.  I like Overloud the best out of all of them.   Look into Steven Slate plugins.  I have quite a few of his stuff.  Really like his FG-X and the virtual console/preamp plugins.  My next purchase is a few Midas DP48's (personal monitors).  Im using my consoles mix buss's to send individual musician feeds to the live room at this moment.  Woks great, but the ability for the musicians to adjust "their own" monitor mix is very appealing.  That way I dont have to do it !!    I picked up an old Marshall Master Lead Combo and Im about ready to tear it apart and restore it.  Kind of an odd amp for Marshall.  One of their first solid state amps.   Works now, but the sound is shit.  New capacitors, resistors, etc..  I hope will help.  But this amp is not known for "good tone"  🙂  .    I have some purple Tolex that I may use to cover it.  Look just like this one in the picture.  Next I want to mod my Epi Valve Jr head.  Give it a tone knob and hot rod the preamp some.  I've driven a 5150 half stack with it and it sounded great.   They really shine when driving a small 10" speaker cab.  The Neural DSP seems cool.  I saw them at Sweetwater's site.  Pretty good specs.  

5219011782_0944741383.jpg.38634d0ca5b6be4ebc73fe46e7bea4c1.jpg

3 hours ago, MikeB said:

I have a few amp sims.  Waves GTR, Guitar Rig, Amplitude and Overloud.  I like Overloud the best out of all of them.   Look into Steven Slate plugins.  I have quite a few of his stuff.  Really like his FG-X and the virtual console/preamp plugins.  My next purchase is a few Midas DP48's (personal monitors).  Im using my consoles mix buss's to send individual musician feeds to the live room at this moment.  Woks great, but the ability for the musicians to adjust "their own" monitor mix is very appealing.  That way I dont have to do it !!    I picked up an old Marshall Master Lead Combo and Im about ready to tear it apart and restore it.  Kind of an odd amp for Marshall.  One of their first solid state amps.   Works now, but the sound is shit.  New capacitors, resistors, etc..  I hope will help.  But this amp is not known for "good tone"  🙂  .    I have some purple Tolex that I may use to cover it.  Look just like this one in the picture.  Next I want to mod my Epi Valve Jr head.  Give it a tone knob and hot rod the preamp some.  I've driven a 5150 half stack with it and it sounded great.   They really shine when driving a small 10" speaker cab.  The Neural DSP seems cool.  I saw them at Sweetwater's site.  Pretty good specs.  

5219011782_0944741383.jpg.38634d0ca5b6be4ebc73fe46e7bea4c1.jpg

I have a couple Neural DSP vst plug ins and they sound real good live and recording...no amp, speaker cab or mic to worry about just plug in and record...same sound/tone every time and you can use them as stand alone to just jam from your desktop great effects too !

1 hour ago, Streetcleaner said:

I have a couple Neural DSP vst plug ins and they sound real good live and recording...no amp, speaker cab or mic to worry about just plug in and record...same sound/tone every time and you can use them as stand alone to just jam from your desktop great effects too !

While amp sims have come a long way, they still dont match a hard driven amp.  They are very convenient for getting ideas down though.  One of my favorite presets when noodling is the "Gods Love" in Guitar Rig.   

1 hour ago, MikeB said:

While amp sims have come a long way, they still dont match a hard driven amp.  They are very convenient for getting ideas down though.  One of my favorite presets when noodling is the "Gods Love" in Guitar Rig.   

well...then I just plug into my Mesa Boogie stereo Quad preamp (like having a Mark 2 and Mark 3)through a Mesa 50/50 stereo power amp through my Mesa 4x12 cabinet.  it wants to be turned up ! or I can direct record out the back into my PC ....Either way baby !

Crunchy !! :guitar:

• Member ID:  2593
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  490
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  5107
  • Birthday:  11/20/1978

Nice.  Even I got a little stankface going listening to that.