Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Ammo & Firearms Prices & Training

EastCoast50

• Member ID:  25026
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  530
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  7122
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  9
  • Device:  Windows

First, I'm an avid 2A (Second Amendment) supporter here in the states. However, I'm a firm believer in training and requirements for a concealed carry permit. The problem that we've discovered in U.S. is that too many firearms owners believe that they can carry without training. It's a false narrative in the 2A community. Civil lawsuits, arrests and convictions prove that ideology. I have well over 30 years of firearms training ... consistent and ongoing. It's a skill that deteriorates over time. There is no such thing as completing an online course and/or taking an eight hour live-fire range course to be considered "qualified" to carry a firearm for self defense or to defend others. Period. Reality is much different than opinion and Hollywood movies. Those that believe otherwise either have no training or have never been involved in a real-world shooting incident. Or both. Fact.

Beyond that disclaimer, we have a problem now related to firearms, ammunition availability and costs in the states. Why? Ammo hoarders with no training, price gouging and incompetent firearms owners. It's a recipe for disaster. The ammo manufacturers are doing their best to keep up with supply and demand. Gun shops are making a killing ... and rightfully so. Price gouging is not quite so righteous, whether it's a gun or ammo. Those with actual training have been accumulating ammo for years -- both "range" and defense ammo. By the way, your range ammo will perfectly suffice for self defense purposes. A bullet is a bullet whether it's an FMJ, hollow point, lead-free or some other over-priced "specialty" round. If you can't defend yourself or someone else with "range" ammo, then you don't understand jack shit about guns and ammunition. Too bad, so sad.

The fact is that many old and new firearms owners (with or without training) are scooping up ammo and guns and paying heavily for it. There is no legitimate reason or purpose for it. If you actually HAVE consistent, routine training and have acquired ammo or a firearms over the years, then you already know this fact. If you're a "prepper" with real training, then you also know this fact. Just because you buy ammo or guns now at ridiculous prices does NOT mean that you're prepared. Firearms and ammo won't save you -- or anyone else -- if you don't know how to use them correctly and legally.

I have no doubt that there will be some negative comments about his post. The FACTS exist and prove that I'm correct. If you're an idiot, research my statements and get some training. The right to own a firearm in no way protects you or others when/if you use it. 

• Member ID:  989
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  261
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  17977
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Achievement Points:  131729
  • Days Won:  251
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946

Agree with your thoughts on training.  35 years ago went through the NRA training facilities to become a Certified Rifle & Pistol Instructor.  Over the years have instructed many individuals in the care and use of firearms. The possession of a firearm is something to be taken seriously - just like driving a car which can also be considered a lethal weapon. But we all see the real idiots/drunks on the road.

• Member ID:  20996
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1744
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15647
  • Days Won:  4

too bad all that training doesn't help your sorry ass in the game  ......:evil:

• Member ID:  1238
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  6082
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Achievement Points:  50713
  • Days Won:  11

It is such a shame you are so frightened that you need to arm yourselves...

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3344
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  45173
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  iPhone

You just need to come to an Xi fest event, we practice good firearms training with multiple calibers of different types of weapons constantly, at least in the US.

image.png.890eb2909328c9b2ce6b61707ad35976.png

Darn those folks look frightened as heck.

• Member ID:  25026
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  530
  • Achievement Points:  7122
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/22/2021 at 9:47 AM, DEEJAYKEG said:

I agree. However, the United States is falling down.

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

9 hours ago, EastCoast50 said:

I agree. However, the United States is falling down.

I hate putting comments like this in a non political forum but I disagree, the USA is not falling down, you should be proud, it is still a good country with good people. You only have to see the patriotism in these forums and the fact that apart from the odd asshole most people are lovely. However what I see, and may not be obvious to you now is the weird reverse political roadmap every 4 years, it is costing your country a fortune. Every time a new President is elected he reverses 180 degrees the previous incumbents policies. This does not happen in Europe, we prefer gradual change even if we hate things (aka human rights act). Kneejerk politics to say 'I'm right and you were wrong' is not the way to go for any sensible party.

One very interesting fact is that in the list of democratic countries in the world the USA (and UK) has a low ranking, makes you think.

You're all very welcome to give us it back, if you have any gold or jewels left give us a ring, if not leave a message, we'll get back to you  👍

• Member ID:  20512
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  414
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1951

I live in the UK I am a licenced gun owner that,s the only way you will get to own a gun in the UK. Hand guns of any kind are banned the only Guy with a hand gun in the UK is a criminal that owns it illegally. All my firearms are rifles used for competitive target shooting they are all on a register with my local Police force. I have never known any one in the area or the surrounding area were I live being involved with gun crime. I don,t understand why any one would want to carry a hand gun or a concealed carry. I have been doing this for 30 years I am NRA trained I am an instructor and licenced to run military ranges. I have yet to come up against any one that has been threatened with a firearm.  

3 hours ago, mas36.uk said:

I live in the UK I am a licenced gun owner that,s the only way you will get to own a gun in the UK. Hand guns of any kind are banned the only Guy with a hand gun in the UK is a criminal that owns it illegally. All my firearms are rifles used for competitive target shooting they are all on a register with my local Police force. I have never known any one in the area or the surrounding area were I live being involved with gun crime. I don,t understand why any one would want to carry a hand gun or a concealed carry. I have been doing this for 30 years I am NRA trained I am an instructor and licenced to run military ranges. I have yet to come up against any one that has been threatened with a firearm.  

For the most part you are detailing how it should be, you are obviously a law abiding citizen, but some of your facts are incorrect. I have had a couple of opportunities to buy guns abroad, and once not even buy, we picked them off a stockpile, if we ever meet I'll tell you. There are many illegal firearms still being held which were brought back as war souvenirs, e.g. about 30 years ago a neighbour had a working lee enfield propped up in his hall, every amnesty more appear.

You are absolutely incorrect about only criminals owning hand guns, I personally have met two people who still legally carry them, for a very good reason which I won't divulge, both ordinary citizens.

I know for a fact that 24 hours a day every day of the year, at least two armed patrol cars are on duty patrolling the north east. This is for a very good reason, I am incredulous at your statement about not knowing of any gun crime in the NE, there is, why do you think they're there?

I would love to know were you are getting your miss  information about what is going on in the North east of England. Every area has at least two Police armed response units they spend most of there time on traffic duty. Having shot alongside Police armed response units I am pretty sure they spend more time training than they spend attending gun related incidents most of them turn out to be replica guns.You state you can buy guns abroad not in the UK how is that relevant. Tell me when was the last time any one in the north east of England was killed with a legally held hand gun. Of course brought backs from the war are going to turn up. I know a guy who recently lost his parents he found two brought backs in the loft he immediately handed them in to the Police. Which is the write thing to do. I don.t know of any ordinary Citizens in the UK who can carry hand guns unless they live in Northern Ireland or are special forces. So that statement is rubbish.

You are repeating in your reply things I wrote, so obviously you did not read it correctly for a start, you are welcome to your 'expert' opinion, as the old saying goes a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

ps misinformation not miss information

have a good day

I have been doing this for probably 30 year so yes a little bit of knowledge. As I said as a club Secretary. As an NRA trained range conducting officer licenced and qualified to run any military range in the UK.

Home office approved. One of my Clubs has a membership of over 150 licenced firearms shooters. Regular comps at Bisley twice a year. Authorised to run NRA probationary courses. Shoot at ranges in  Scotland out to a mile. 

Have a good day my freind go play on your gaming servers take it from me it is not the same in the real world.

Ah the real world eh?, if only I was a real man like you ?, qualified for how long (oh yea 30 years, you tell us every fucking post). What I said was absolutely 100% correct believe me, but of course how could I even think to argue with you, (30 years experience don't you know).

You strike me as the self important know all I left most of these sports for (Archery and Shotgun), do this, stand here, that's not right etc etc. Carry on Sergeant Major - ATTENTION

• Member ID:  64
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1033
  • Achievement Points:  9619
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/09/1969

On 1/22/2021 at 9:47 AM, DEEJAYKEG said:

I know many gun owners. Saying they are frightened is pretty ignorant. It is a right in the USA if you do it legally. In a rare situation if someone breaks in your house with a weapon I like my chances much more if I have one pointed at them 1st.

• Member ID:  1238
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  6082
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Achievement Points:  50713
  • Days Won:  11

On 2/1/2021 at 1:49 PM, Hoth said:

I know many gun owners. Saying they are frightened is pretty ignorant. It is a right in the USA if you do it legally. In a rare situation if someone breaks in your house with a weapon I like my chances much more if I have one pointed at them 1st.

I would suggest that if anyone feels the need to not only own a gun but to carry it about when they go shopping, they are indeed terrified.

If they are not frightened, why do they have to arm themselves?

This isn't the behaviour of calm and rational human beings...

I used to issue them and ammo to cops but point blank refused to carry one.

20 hours ago, DEEJAYKEG said:

I would suggest that if anyone feels the need to not only own a gun but to carry it about when they go shopping, they are indeed terrified.

So are you saying that folks that by their actions necessitate people to daily carry are then Terrorists by definition here? (Of course only in free countries that allow such things)

• Member ID:  64
  • Followers:  40
  • Content Count:  1033
  • Achievement Points:  9619
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/09/1969

On 2/2/2021 at 9:47 AM, DEEJAYKEG said:

~~If they are not frightened, why do they have to arm themselves?~~

For licensed people who conceal and carry legally it is a right. Am I frightened person to drive just because I carry car insurance? Hopefully you don't ever have to use the insurance but if something bad happens its there. I don't carry a gun personally but I don't see anyone who does as being afraid of anything. You seem to be making assumptions about people based on something you have little data on.

~~~This isn't the behaviour of calm and rational human beings...~~~

There are many people legally carrying that are calm and rational. I know many of them and I haven't seen any random shots fired yet. 

~~~I used to issue them and ammo to cops but point blank refused to carry one.~~

And that is your right.

• Member ID:  24418
  • Followers:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2240
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/2/2021 at 6:47 AM, DEEJAYKEG said:

If they are not frightened, why do they have to arm themselves?

This isn't the behaviour of calm and rational human beings...

I used to issue them and ammo to cops but point blank refused to carry one.

DJ, just because you don't own one doesn't mean you can berate anyone that does. I have plenty an never intend to use them but at a range unless some dumbass wants to test me. An I do shoot better in real life then in game.