Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Has Anyone Ever Seen A Ghost ?

RobMc

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954
  • Device:  Windows

Was watching a paranormal programme last night and I must admit some of the footage was spooky, especially the nightwalkers in the USA, any idiots seen anything (not drunk or stoned), I'm interested. My Irish background leans me towards the spirit world, especially Bushmills, does anyone live in a haunted house??

Is anyone there ? knock once for yes, twice for no.

• Member ID:  6247
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5422
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, my friend and I were walking on the beach and heard laughing and talking (we were searching for our older siblings who went out for a walk with some of their friends.)  We had a flashlight, it was a rather dark night, but not windy.  PLEASE NOTE that the island where we vacationed every year is famous for ghost sightings and stories.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gray_Man_(ghost)  We knew the island and the dunes and beach very well, knew our way around.  We simply wanted to join their party... OK so, walking along the sandy trail, we said hey I hear them, yes there they are, they are ahead of us towards the beach.  So, we went up the last dune and my friend had her flashlight down on the sand and we saw 4 people just standing there about say 20 feet from the water at the beach.  We kept calling out to them, and they did not respond or even act like they heard us, actually, the talking and laughing we had heard while walking up to the beach just stopped.  I asked my friend to shine the flashlight to their faces, maybe this isn't them, cause that was bizarre them not even responding to us.  When the flashlight got to their faces, they ALL DISAPPEARED.  She said, Oh My GOD!  NO ONE IS THERE!!!  We looked at each other, screamed, and ran back to my house.  Turns out our siblings and friends weren't even on the beach, they had gone to the local pinball arcade at the pier (which a hurricane destroyed some time later.)  To this day we still have no idea what we saw, we call it ghosts, no one else on that side of the island was out and about.  And they disappeared in front of us, one second there, the next poof gone.   So yes, I have seen it.  Sure would like a scientific explanation for all the weirdness out there.    :detective:

• Member ID:  59
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2107
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15083
  • Days Won:  13

UFO is all I have seen.  A lady was killed in my daughter house before they moved in.  Her son killed her (crazy).  My daughter is a big ghost hunter fan and stuff like that.  But they have not seen or heard anything from the lady that was killed.

• Member ID:  23608
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1231
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/09/1977

I currently have problems in my apartment. To tell everything that happens in my apartment I would need several pages.
Short version : lights go on and off, steps, shadows around me. Plants that move even though all windows are closed. Knocking and the worst for me was, slam a door in my daughter's room. At the moment I can barely close an eye to sleep. If only then when the light is on.
Visitors see shadows and hear noises.
The dog of my neighbor reacts very strangely when he is with me and also her 2 1/2 year old daughter has seen something but could not describe it.
You can think now that I'm crazy . but i'm a very realistic person and always look for a logical explanation for every little incident.

• Member ID:  800
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  6905
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Achievement Points:  57893
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957
  • Device:  Android

Why are you still there??

1 hour ago, Cheyenne said:

I currently have problems in my apartment. To tell everything that happens in my apartment I would need several pages.
Short version : lights go on and off, steps, shadows around me. Plants that move even though all windows are closed. Knocking and the worst for me was, slam a door in my daughter's room. At the moment I can barely close an eye to sleep. If only then when the light is on.
The dog of my neighbor reacts very strangely when he is with me and also her 2 1/2 year old daughter has seen something but could not describe it.
You can think now that I'm crazy . but i'm a very realistic person and always look for a logical explanation for every little incident.

Wow, one of the things that impresses me is the reliability of the witnesses and the camera footages, our own examples are in line with that it seems.

• Member ID:  2978
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1656
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  26102
  • Birthday:  09/23/1970

Been dealing with spirits all my life. I grew up in a house that was very active. Most of my family are either sensitives, empaths or like myself who sees and can communicate with spirits. I don't mind it. I have only run into a few bad ones. Most have been just as surprised that i could see them as i was seeing them. I keep my house grounded with salt and sage all the time. The best thing to use ,for myself anyways, while i am out i always have black tourmaline stones with me. If your child is seeing spirits at night just tape a piece of tourmaline to their beds, works great. If you have activity in your house you need to be forceful and set ground rules out loud with them. If they don't listen tell them to leave(forcefully) and sage your house. We had a a really bad situation around Christmas at my parent's house. One of my nephews had gone to a cemetery and a couple of pretty nasty Spirits decided to use him to go for a joy ride and he ended up going to my parent's house. They were causing lots of problems. They were knocking , slamming doors and yelling in my father's face in the middle of the night. So my wife and I went over to sage the house and get rid of them. I only noticed one at first, big ugly asshole..lol, who got right up in my face. I didn't notice the second one who decided he was going to jump my sister to try and hide. She did not have any stones for protection at the time. Very scary for her. She was having a tough time breathing but once i put my stone around her neck he left her and went to hide. We had to sage the house twice from top to bottom that day. Spirits are like dogs in that if you show fear they will feed off that. I don't fear them. Some of you may think I am crazy. But i have nothing to lose or gain from saying this stuff. Question was asked and I don't mind talking about any of this. You get used to dealing with this stuff

• Member ID:  59
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  2107
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15083
  • Days Won:  13

Viprz !!!  When is the book come out !!!  Better yet the movie !!!  I tell my ufo story to people and they think Im pulling their leg. 

Edited by MikeB

I'm getting goosebumps just reading all your stories, so this appears not to be uncommon does it?

• Member ID:  389
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  290
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  4407
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  36061
  • Days Won:  38
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

after my mother passed    i beleive she visited me for a plaque she gave me was up on top of a door frame with others.  the night of funeral it had fallen to the floor, the rest didn't move, with Viprz can a test that is correct about fear for would hear my closet door open and close during the night and asked mom not to clean my room any more an look over my nieces for they need the help cos my sister married a psycho maniac.

the plaque

Welome

Althogh  Our House is quite a mess

Come in Relax - Converse.

It dosen't always look like this.

Sometimes It's even.....

Worse !!!!  

• Member ID:  26786
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1618
  • Device:  iPhone

7 hours ago, Majbasil said:

Yes, my friend and I were walking on the beach and heard laughing and talking (we were searching for our older siblings who went out for a walk with some of their friends.)  We had a flashlight, it was a rather dark night, but not windy.  PLEASE NOTE that the island where we vacationed every year is famous for ghost sightings and stories.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gray_Man_(ghost)  We knew the island and the dunes and beach very well, knew our way around.  We simply wanted to join their party... OK so, walking along the sandy trail, we said hey I hear them, yes there they are, they are ahead of us towards the beach.  So, we went up the last dune and my friend had her flashlight down on the sand and we saw 4 people just standing there about say 20 feet from the water at the beach.  We kept calling out to them, and they did not respond or even act like they heard us, actually, the talking and laughing we had heard while walking up to the beach just stopped.  I asked my friend to shine the flashlight to their faces, maybe this isn't them, cause that was bizarre them not even responding to us.  When the flashlight got to their faces, they ALL DISAPPEARED.  She said, Oh My GOD!  NO ONE IS THERE!!!  We looked at each other, screamed, and ran back to my house.  Turns out our siblings and friends weren't even on the beach, they had gone to the local pinball arcade at the pier (which a hurricane destroyed some time later.)  To this day we still have no idea what we saw, we call it ghosts, no one else on that side of the island was out and about.  And they disappeared in front of us, one second there, the next poof gone.   So yes, I have seen it.  Sure would like a scientific explanation for all the weirdness out there.    :detective:

Which Island Basil?  I live in the Lowcountry 🙂  I'll go out there and do some ghost hunting!

I was doing an investigation of an old city jail in and old Southern US City that had been in operation from the 1600's to the 1930's.  About 20 or so of us in a group and during a break, a fully open, MASSIVE iron gate closed before my eyes.  At first I thought someone in our group closed it but nobody was there but me.  I examined the gate thoroughly and it would NOT move freely.  In fact it required significant effort as it was about 4' x 8' or larger, made of 2" wide horizontal and vertical bars in addition the the heavy iron frame.  I accept that some force acted upon it that my eyes could not see.  I even look for wires, cables or string that may have pulled it closed, but found nothing.  Only a steel cable would have been strong enough to handle the sheer weight of the gate.

It was an exhilarating experience - not scary but fascinating!

6 hours ago, Demonio said:

Which Island Basil?  I live in the Lowcountry 🙂  I'll go out there and do some ghost hunting!

Better you than me mate

• Member ID:  23233
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2374
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  18819
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  08/11/1963

made a serach on website and i found it: @GHO5T

• Member ID:  1238
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  6082
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Achievement Points:  50713
  • Days Won:  11

I used to live with my parents in a new flat on the fourth floor on the previous site of large multi-storey Victorian houses.  Those that survived beneath Dover Castle had sweeping staircases up which one would ascend to the flats into which they had been converted.  I got out of bed to get a drink one night and saw the lower half of a woman's body, clad in a long skirt, disappearing through the ceiling as if ascending a staircase!  It's true - the hairs on my neck stood up and I shivered with cold.  On went every light in that place and it took a while for me to calm down.

I don't believe that "ghosts" are more than visions of people in the past or future, viewed through cracks in the space-time continuum.  I explain UFOs in the same way - it isn't a question of where they come from but when...

Check out the stories of the Roman legions marching through cellars in Chester (Roman Dewa) to understand where I am coming from...

One sighting I asked a Catholic priest about was of a golden orb in our previous home.  He shrugged his shoulders and thought it was some demonic sign whereas I was sure I had seen religious literature featuring orbs.  It was about the size of a golf ball, floating about 18 inches off the floor with a sort of cloud pattern covering its surface.  As I approached, it disappeared into my PC tower!

I pray to St Michael every day!  "Defend us in the day of battle!".

• Member ID:  2978
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1656
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  26102
  • Birthday:  09/23/1970

I remember when I was young. We lived in a low income housing project. Bilingual proving in Eastern Canada. We had moved from one unit to the one behind. The older gentleman there had just passed away in his bed about 2 months before. We knew he was still there. Heard him open doors, walk up the stairs, open windows etc. We were never taught to fear what we cannot see. Back then we had the old rotary dial tv set where you had to physically get up and turn the nob. The man who had passed in that house was very French. We would actually watch as the nob would turn ,with no one around it, and it always turned to the French tv channel.  We always yelled at him "Hey we were watching that!" so when we got up to turn it back you would hear him get up out of his chair and stomp up the stairs. He passed away in the bedroom I slept in and every night I would hear him open and close the door and i would hear him walk to the side of the bed. Treated him as part of the family. Every house has a spirit or two. Most are just doing what they had done when they were alive.

• Member ID:  6247
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5422

Pawleys Island, SC.  Famous Grey Man, actually, there are loads of ghost stories and legends from South Carolina and North Carolina as well.  But Pawleys Island, yep, has haunts.  Thing is, not scary, not creepy at all, so I feel as though the ghosts are harmless and as the legend of the grey man goes, trying to be helpful.  https://www.pawleysisland.com/blog/haunted-pawleys-island/

:hi:

• Member ID:  2128
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1042
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  22317
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/06/1955

yes I have my mother's ghost  seems to show up whenever  I am  really missing her.  She is also Irish

• Member ID:  45
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  981
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  8970
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Achievement Points:  65613
  • Birthday:  02/25/1951

Yes , I played with ghost yesterday 😄

• Member ID:  21776
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  240
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2262
  • Birthday:  10/09/1959

sure everybody at the nashville xi fest 

• Member ID:  389
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  290
  • Content Count:  4407
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  36061
  • Days Won:  38
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

every time  Ghost looks in mirror he see's 1

• Member ID:  27522
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1887
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Achievement Points:  13215
  • Days Won:  11
  • Birthday:  07/22/1951

Knock knock

Awards

On 1/29/2021 at 9:30 AM, Majbasil said:

Pawleys Island, SC.  Famous Grey Man, actually, there are loads of ghost stories and legends from South Carolina and North Carolina as well.  But Pawleys Island, yep, has haunts.  Thing is, not scary, not creepy at all, so I feel as though the ghosts are harmless and as the legend of the grey man goes, trying to be helpful.  https://www.pawleysisland.com/blog/haunted-pawleys-island/

:hi:

Cool Basil - I thought so....lots of Grayman stories around here 🙂  

• Member ID:  20996
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1744
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15647
  • Days Won:  4

On 1/28/2021 at 5:43 PM, Cheyenne said:

you need to just move,it sounds like where you live there is an overlapping of dimensions,I don't believe in ghosts but I do believe in alternate universes or parallel dimensions and it sounds like there is something going on there.

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14301
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996

Closest thing which I thought was a spirit or a ghost was about 11 years ago. My uncle passed away like 11 years ago he lived alone most of his life, his was a musician for many years. All our family went to Dublin the day before the funeral, I was staying in his house the night before the funeral with his brother, wife and son. In the middle of the night I heard music playing downstairs, I was generally freaked out, I was thinking to myself it couldn't be him or was it.

Mentioned it to my uncle in the morning at breakfast, he was then curious himself. The odd's of hearing music in his house the night before his funeral. An hour or two later just before we were leaving for the funeral, we went into the room where my uncles son was sleeping that night, he left the radio on. Turns out he left the radio playing and didn't hear it as he took out his hearing aid before he went asleep 😂

Apart from that nope, I have done many ouija boards and shit down the years after friends telling me there experiences. Each time nothing even in the same buildings they done it and said they got results. I don't know I must be the antichrist himself or something 😂. Until I see or experience something first hand myself then I will believe it

But speaking about ghosts, you remember the TV show Ghostwatch? @RobMc. BBC ended up banning it after it broadcasted due to many complaints and some suicides