Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Pissed off

Personalfoul

• Member ID:  23536
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  284
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/17/1960

Some ASS in Wisconsin witch is 1122 mi away from where i live some how got my debit account and and used it at a jiffy lube and then  tried to use it on Amizon but my Bank stop it before The ASS could use it again and then the ASS tried to get Unemployment benefits .  Be carful out there , There's ASS everywhere  :( 

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1065
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8394
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74551
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973
  • Device:  Windows

Yep, gotta keep eye out for that shit these days. I will say though that banks are getting better at flagging transactions based on value and location. Thankfully it doesn't sound like it went too far in your case. Time for a new debit card and pin.

• Member ID:  989
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  261
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  17977
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Achievement Points:  131729
  • Days Won:  251
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946

• Member ID:  1850
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  98
  • Topic Count:  328
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8620
  • Content Per Day:  1.75
  • Achievement Points:  55994
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/19/1948

My daughter order some stuff from skip the dishes and the next thing she got a warning about several

hundred dollars charge her card and got it all stopped and refunded.

• Member ID:  2208
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  301
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3601
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  37500
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  06/09/1963

damn now I cant buy everyone pizza,,,,heheehehhe

glad they caught it before it went to far!!!

• Member ID:  389
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  290
  • Content Count:  4407
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  36065
  • Days Won:  38
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970
  • Device:  Android

a note on debit cards  when punch your code ......use 4 zero's..... if trans action gone throught means that terminal is skimming.

sounds your bank is point of interest

• Member ID:  800
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6905
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Achievement Points:  57895
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957

5 minutes ago, KaptCrunch said:

a note on debit cards  when punch your code ......use 4 zero's..... if trans action gone throught means that terminal is skimming.

Never heard that, I got a call years ago from my bank (fraud department) Said they locking my account. Someone was charging all kind of stuff from like 4 different states...

• Member ID:  389
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  290
  • Content Count:  4407
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  36065
  • Days Won:  38
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

18 minutes ago, BUDMAN said:

Never heard that, I got a call years ago from my bank (fraud department) Said they locking my account. Someone was charging all kind of stuff from like 4 different states...

was about 15yrs ago  read that in locale newspaper to use 4 zeros 

up to date  stuff  

• Member ID:  22619
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  132
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3595
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Achievement Points:  35023
  • Days Won:  22

I also got my credit card cloned a couple of years ago and it's no fun at all... thanks to the bank though that reimbursed and noticed, first, that my expenses were not matching my usual errands. They bought for 5000$ of jewels = not me at all, they got me wrong and they got caught :laughing:

• Member ID:  433
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  2305
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  23813
  • Days Won:  35
  • Birthday:  05/28/1957
  • Device:  Macintosh

Wow, in 2002 someone stole my identity. They got a $3000 credit card, charged it up payed it off then the bank increased the credit limit to $10,000. They then charged over $7000. until the bank stopped the card. I was on the phone 6 hours the first day canceling and protecting everything I had. They actually got a second card but couldn't use it.

Twelve years later they tried something again but couldn't get anything. I protected my credit rating and no one is allowed to apply for credit in my name without a picture ID and in person.

Scary stuff.

• Member ID:  26443
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5924
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50677
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971

4 hours ago, Personalfoul said:

There's ASS everywhere  :( 

giphy.gif

Had it happen to me; someone charged up a couple hunnit @ some Chinese grocery store in Los Angeles.  Card company informed me, then told me to continue making payments while they investigate it; & that if the charges weren't mine, they would refund me.  Told them to go pound sand & asked why they'd even suggest I pay on a debt that's not mine.  Their only response was that I wasn't obligated to make the payments.  Shady fukkers.  

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

I tend to be pretty careful with my CC and dont let it out of my sight. But of course the one time I did, for a thai food pickup, and next thing you know there are bogus charges and cash withdrawls in southern california. In a thai community. Coincidence? But the company caught on to it pretty quick and stopped the card. Needless to say, I never went to that place again. My debit card is only used at a handful of reliable places. When in doubt, cash is king.

• Member ID:  26443
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5924
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50677
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971

27 minutes ago, Sammy said:

I tend to be pretty careful with my CC and dont let it out of my sight. But of course the one time I did, for a thai food pickup, and next thing you know there are bogus charges and cash withdrawls in southern california. In a thai community. Coincidence? But the company caught on to it pretty quick and stopped the card. Needless to say, I never went to that place again. My debit card is only used at a handful of reliable places. When in doubt, cash is king.

Capital One has a nice feature where they produce a dedicated virtual number that can only be used for that particular vendor where you make a purchase.  Protects  your real card number & prevents the virtual number from being used anywhere else.

• Member ID:  800
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6905
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Achievement Points:  57895
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957

Hell most now you can turn them on and off at wil...

Edited by BUDMAN

• Member ID:  23
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1828
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16039
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

I had a card back in 2006 that was loaded by the Car Manufacture I was selling for that gave me $150.00 per new Hyundai I sold above my commission since my CSI "Customer Satisfaction index" was over 90% at 97% month in and out. I had built up about $18,000.00 on it and used it while picking up a customers new car about 75 miles from my work because we didn't have the perfect car so we got it from a different dealer, this is a common situation and dealers do it all the time. While on the drive I stopped at a small convenience market to grab some smokes and a Mt Dew and used my card since it was like a preloaded debt card. I had a website that gave me updates on balance and fresh money put on it for a up to date report of available funds and I noticed several charges for hundreds of dollars in fuel in Turkey less than 24 hours after my road trip. within 24 hours they had spent $5,000.00 all in Turkey. I called the card company and explained I didn't have a passport and could not have flown to Turkey in the time from my last use of my card and the first use of it in Turkey for like $15.00. I also had to file a police report and give the Card Company the report number and the city it was reported to. I eventually got every dime back but it took about 6 weeks just before my Vacation to go fishing in Montana which some old timers may remember. Now this past week I got a form in the mail from the State of Washington saying I owe Income Tax on about $1,600.00 in unemployment benefits that I didn't file for or get. I have been under employed and struggling during Covid but never filed for unemployment since I had a job. Now the News here in Seattle is saying these forms are going out to thousands of people in our State due to our States Unemployment benefits website being over run with fake claims from out of the US hackers. The News says it will be very difficult to get this resolved before we file our taxes this year. I don't really have the money to just throw at taxes but I don't have a choice and feel lucky it was not for more money. This kind of crap is just bullshit and we need to some sort of solution like a phone call anytime our cards are used outside a specific distance from home or large purchases made that are not part of our normal buying habits as a option but I have never seen such a option. Just writing this is pissing me off more and more, I am not a very wealthy man and live a very frugal lifestyle so we live within our means and don't end up homeless. I HATE THIEVING MOTHER FUCKERS AND SCAMMERS....

• Member ID:  2995
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  181
  • Topic Count:  690
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  4428
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Achievement Points:  48513
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  02/13/1966

Sadly, I'm seeing lots of fraud this tax season with unemployment.  People are receiving 1099's that say they collected unemployment, but they didn't.  Even my deceased uncle collected $18k.  Just another fun situation to deal with this year 🤪 🤦‍♀️

22 hours ago, WeednFeed said:

Wow, in 2002 someone stole my identity. They got a $3000 credit card, charged it up payed it off then the bank increased the credit limit to $10,000. They then charged over $7000. until the bank stopped the card. I was on the phone 6 hours the first day canceling and protecting everything I had. They actually got a second card but couldn't use it.

Twelve years later they tried something again but couldn't get anything. I protected my credit rating and no one is allowed to apply for credit in my name without a picture ID and in person.

Scary stuff.

In my case I never had a computer back in 2002, never bought on line but these folks got a hold of my Social Security number some how and used that to apply for the 2 credit cards. They changed my address to somewhere in upper Canada.
I have no PROOF but several months before this happened an Investment Company had several of their Computers stolen containing personal information from several thousand people. Although I did not invest with these people I did give them all my personal information so they could draw up an investment portfolio for my wife and I. Maybe it's a coincident but some piece of SHIT got my info and used it.

In Canada we have 2 Credit Bureaus that totally control everyone's credit rating. These Bureaus are the folks who say yea or nae on all applications for credit in Canada. If you apply for loans, montages, or credit of any kind these people have to OK it.

TransUnion and Equifax are the names. One of these is also used in the USA. These guys set your Credit Score and Credit Rating.

My Advice is GUARD your credit with everything you got! Everyone should check your credit rating in these places every several years to keep an eye on SUSPICIOUS activity being done in your name.

Good luck

• Member ID:  3036
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Dunno about Canada, but in the US everyone has the right to one free credit report from each of the three agencies every year.

• Member ID:  23
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1828
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16039
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

1 hour ago, Sammy said:

Dunno about Canada, but in the US everyone has the right to one free credit report from each of the three agencies every year.

Sadly very few take advantage of this fact that every 4 months to monitor major fraud with their personal finances like a car purchase, or home purchase or high end jewelry etc etc. I also know that with some credit cards you can call them before hand and ask them to not automatically approve high dollar purchases especially outside of your normal shopping area. There have been many times in the past few years when I use my Credit Card the person taking care of my payment like when I just bought my PC they asked to see my ID and I thanked them for this extra level of protection for now. It takes just a moment to do but it lets me know others are watching my back against fraud. Let's hope no one here loses more than a few bucks and aren't hit so hard they lose things like homes and savings. Here is a link for those who live in the US that can help you along  https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/get-my-free-credit-report

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14874
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Achievement Points:  91001
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970

1 hour ago, WeednFeed said:

In my case I never had a computer back in 2002, never bought on line but these folks got a hold of my Social Security number some how and used that to apply for the 2 credit cards. They changed my address to somewhere in upper Canada.
I have no PROOF but several months before this happened an Investment Company had several of their Computers stolen containing personal information from several thousand people. Although I did not invest with these people I did give them all my personal information so they could draw up an investment portfolio for my wife and I. Maybe it's a coincident but some piece of SHIT got my info and used it.

In Canada we have 2 Credit Bureaus that totally control everyone's credit rating. These Bureaus are the folks who say yea or nae on all applications for credit in Canada. If you apply for loans, montages, or credit of any kind these people have to OK it.

TransUnion and Equifax are the names. One of these is also used in the USA. These guys set your Credit Score and Credit Rating.

My Advice is GUARD your credit with everything you got! Everyone should check your credit rating in these places every several years to keep an eye on SUSPICIOUS activity being done in your name.

Good luck

Hey Weed. I have a story for you. Someone stole my wallet from my car when I was at the gym last summer. They unfortunately got my SIN (social insurance number). That was my error for having that in my wallet in the first place.  I did all the correct things in cancelling cards and contacting the two Credit Bureaus. What i did not expect was the next thing.

These criminals applied for CERB. For those who may not know what CERB is its the Canada Emergency Response Benefit for the COVID pandemic. If you apply, you would have gotten 2000 a month in Covid relief. What these guys did was use my ID to apply for this benefit and then tried to get it mailed to them. What ended up happening was I had a direct deposit with Income Tax Canada and they directed the money right to ME!  

My wife asked me why do we have a payment into our account for 4000.00 from the federal government. We fixed the issue and gave the money back.

Who said, crime doesnt pay (lol). 

Guess what I did? I said the perps got my Social Security number, I meant to say SIN Social Insurance Number. I’m Canadian and the SIN is what they got. I do have a LEGAL Social Security number but won’t explain that here.  

• Member ID:  23233
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2375
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  18824
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  08/11/1963

On 2/10/2021 at 8:13 PM, AthenA said:

I also got my credit card cloned a couple of years ago and it's no fun at all... thanks to the bank though that reimbursed and noticed, first, that my expenses were not matching my usual errands. They bought for 5000$ of jewels = not me at all, they got me wrong and they got caught :laughing:

Same to me it happened few years ago , the credit card i use only for online transaction was frauded but the bank called me if i really was doing a donation of  3000$  for a nigerian church??? it was easy to proof lol.

On 2/10/2021 at 6:51 PM, KaptCrunch said:

Thats true and also true for your credit card . when you paid somewhere and and you suspected the legit of the terminal machine, use a bad PIN and if transaction still pass,  means they are frauding ( My credit card fraud department told me so )

On 2/10/2021 at 4:48 PM, Personalfoul said:

Some ASS in Wisconsin witch is 1122 mi away from where i live some how got my debit account and and used it at a jiffy lube and then  tried to use it on Amizon but my Bank stop it before The ASS could use it again and then the ASS tried to get Unemployment benefits .  Be carful out there , There's ASS everywhere  :( 

One think ive learned . i never use my debit card for payment , only in bank ATM , its too bad getting our own money stolen and its tougher too proof ..

At least a credit card its not your money till you pay it the next month so you have time to detect the fraud on your billing.

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

I have never had a personal credit card my entire life, I work by firstly splitting up the money then by only using one card in external atm's and using cash where I can, so far no trouble, I am refusing to internet bank for as long as possible, but that is getting harder

Firstly assuming you have some savings however small and use your main account to pay some bills and larger purchases, this is what to aim for:-

Your main account with your wages paid in and main bills paid, can be a joint account, but the capital will be a maximum of what you are comfortable with, you (and partner) have a card but use it only when essential, withdraw cash only from this account to use for petrol, food, burgers etc you need to keep a large amount but then only get it directly from your bank or a machine within the bank, never use this card in external machines etc.

Create another single account with a card, in this account only keep around £1000, top up from main account as necessary. Use this card ONLY for internet transactions, petrol stations (only if you have no cash) etc. This way the most they can hit you for is whatever is in that account (ps cancel any overdraft on this account)

Lastly your savings in another account, you DO NOT want a card with this account, if large purchases or top up of main account required transfer it. If you're lucky split up savings to other places, in UK you are guaranteed protection for some but be careful if you go above that limit, banks do go bust. The only way to get money from this account in theory is for you to do it personally.

In addition my cards are issued so there is no touch facility

Remember with internet banking, like everything else no matter how clever your bank, out there is someone cleverer

One last thing, it may seem paranoid but always get some printed proof of your accounts at regular intervals, if your bank is hacked or the internet goes down without physical proof of what you had is that much harder to prove, and don't think the internet can't go off either.