Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Time for new Information?

alkalinekats

• Member ID:  28095
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  63
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/14/2002

Seeing as the Minecraft threads here may have died down, most likely because of the lack large amounts of players on the ATM6 server, I do see that there is also a distinct lack of information regarding the server itself. I think it would just be nice to give new player a link to a resource to what they might expect they can do on the server including a possibly new guide on how to reduce lag in areas where it may be quite severe as written in the 1.7.10 pack pinned message. If need be I could do some research and write it myself, in any way, I just want to make sure that new players could have something to look to if they ask.

• Member ID:  23498
  • Group:  ++ Minecraft Admin
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  5750
  • Days Won:  1
  • Device:  Linux

You are correct a lot gets discussed on discord these days but a "how to"  or a "best practices" post with a link back here could be very helpful

• Member ID:  28095
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  63
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/14/2002

I do believe that the 1.7.10 Lag guide is actually still really usefull, it could do with a small bit of updated text, but otherwise Its actually still a great post to follow, maybe just make a note to add Tinkers** to it since that was one thing that many people got caught out about in the 1.12.2 server that people were not aware of until the smeltery got too tall. As before, if needed, I would love to help with anything you might need help with since I do try to play on the server quite a bit. Also I did not even think of the idea to make a "How to" sort of forum post, but it may actually be really useful, especially for first downloads. And possibly over multiple launchers, yet staying to one may help technical problems being solved.

**Edit: Honestly I never thought Tinkers was going to make it to 1.16

Edited by alkalinekats