Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

COD4 Ban Appeal

• Member ID:  27143
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2166
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  Windows

This appeal and its replies are in a public forum and can be seen by all.

1. What server were you banned from?: >XI< MW2 Freezetag 146
  2. When did you get banned?: Approx. 7/14/18 to 7/18/21?
  3. What was your in-game name?: Bullet person
  4. What is your game GUID (if known): Please remind me how to acquire
  5. Why do you think you were banned?:

What server were you banned from?: >XI< MW2 Freezetag 146
    When did you get banned?: Approx. 7/14/18 to 7/18/21?
    What was your in-game name?: Bullet person
    What is your game GUID (if known): Please remind me how to acquire
    Why do you think you were banned?:  I think it was because I was giving unsolicited advice in chat.  Specifically, I mean "plans" I thought would work in the current map and situation.   I think the person that banned me is likely the same as here.  If you read the link, please know that I would not have typed "x"'s or "y"s intentionally.  I suppose I must have been trying to press a voice chat button while cursor was blinking and mid-game thought it would be easier to press "enter" than to backspace to delete the full line(s)?:  

Hello again.

I miss you.  I miss the game.

I was banned the first time I logged back in after being unbanned in the above link.

I'm sorry.   I believe there are many veteran players on this server and I think the admin that banned me may have thought I was being naughty or not giving good plans, but I assure you I was trying.   If you please unban me I will listen to chat before trying to voice plans in chat.  I don't mean for just a game, but for as long as it takes for me to assimilate.   I would like to better learn the ways of the server before inserting myself in chat so quickly.  I think it came off as strange that a "stranger" would log in and act like they've been around for a long time, by talking to people as if "familiar".

Again, I am sorry.   I no longer desire to see the, "permanently banned" notice upon trying to log in.  I have waited almost 3 years.  Please give me another chance?

Thank you in advance for your consideration.  I hope you can show me the ropes and we can have some fun together.

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3345
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  45203
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  Macintosh

Thanks for your appeal. Please be patient.  I'm sure the Banning Admin will be back with you shortly.

• Member ID:  390
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  4251
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Achievement Points:  35625
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

22 hours ago, Bullet person said:

1. What server were you banned from?: >XI< MW2 Freezetag 146
  2. When did you get banned?: Approx. 7/14/18 to 7/18/21?
  3. What was your in-game name?: Bullet person
  4. What is your game GUID (if known): Please remind me how to acquire
  5. Why do you think you were banned?:

What server were you banned from?: >XI< MW2 Freezetag 146
    When did you get banned?: Approx. 7/14/18 to 7/18/21?
    What was your in-game name?: Bullet person
    What is your game GUID (if known): Please remind me how to acquire
    Why do you think you were banned?:  I think it was because I was giving unsolicited advice in chat.  Specifically, I mean "plans" I thought would work in the current map and situation.   I think the person that banned me is likely the same as here.  If you read the link, please know that I would not have typed "x"'s or "y"s intentionally.  I suppose I must have been trying to press a voice chat button while cursor was blinking and mid-game thought it would be easier to press "enter" than to backspace to delete the full line(s)?:  

Hello again.

I miss you.  I miss the game.

I was banned the first time I logged back in after being unbanned in the above link.

I'm sorry.   I believe there are many veteran players on this server and I think the admin that banned me may have thought I was being naughty or not giving good plans, but I assure you I was trying.   If you please unban me I will listen to chat before trying to voice plans in chat.  I don't mean for just a game, but for as long as it takes for me to assimilate.   I would like to better learn the ways of the server before inserting myself in chat so quickly.  I think it came off as strange that a "stranger" would log in and act like they've been around for a long time, by talking to people as if "familiar".

Again, I am sorry.   I no longer desire to see the, "permanently banned" notice upon trying to log in.  I have waited almost 3 years.  Please give me another chance?

Thank you in advance for your consideration.  I hope you can show me the ropes and we can have some fun together.

Okay what the heck did I just read LMAO 

• Member ID:  2995
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  181
  • Topic Count:  690
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  4433
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Achievement Points:  48541
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  02/13/1966

Bullet person, thank you for your ban appeal.  You were banned originally, and that ban was lifted by Roxy, one of the COD4 head admins.  In the ban appeal post that you included in this current ban appeal, Roxy said this to you

I will leave the ban for 24hs more and I will lift it tomorrow at 10 PM  EST. This will be the last warning for you, please control your behave here if the admin team receive another complaint about this kind of behave we will considerate a permanent ban from our server. 

And you responded

Thank you Roxy!

I appreciate the second chance and find you being more than fair.

That first ban was your warning, and it was lifted.  You repeated the same behavior after receiving a second chance, and were re-banned.  The COD4 Head Admin team has made the decision that this ban will stay.

• Member ID:  28144
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1146
  • Content Per Day:  0.74
  • Achievement Points:  28306
  • Days Won:  6

So he was banned for talking too much? 

Hello WldPenguin,

Would it be possible to reopen my appeal on the basis that the admin team has never received a complaint about me?

Roxy had stated:

if the admin team receive another complaint about this kind of behave we will considerate a permanent ban from our server. 

It is my opinion that we have a situation here in which 1 person (Roxy) thought I was "misbehaving", but I fear it was a misunderstanding of some sort.    Is there any possibility of a language barrier in this situation?   If you were me at the time of the 2nd ban, which happened mid-game, I feel you would have been surprised as I was when it occurred, without warning, and without breaking server rules.  Could it be a case of mistaken identity?

I learn from my mistakes and do not tend to repeat "bad behavior".  Not sure if it matters that at 45 yrs. old, I consider myself mature and unlikely to "misbehave".   If the ban must stay in place, may I please know the reason for the 2nd ban, because I was only able to guess when answering this question for my ban appeal here, "Why do you think you were banned?:"

A thought....if possible...if my bans end up both being voice-chat related could allowing me to play on the server without voice chat be an option?    I have no desire to put myself in this situation again and it seems it could be avoided if I don't use chat.

Edited by Bullet person

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Content Count:  3345
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  45203
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  Macintosh

Just now, Bullet person said:

Hello WldPenguin,

Would it be possible to reopen my appeal on the basis that the admin team has never received a complaint me?

Roxy had stated:

if the admin team receive another complaint about this kind of behave we will considerate a permanent ban from our server. 

It is my opinion that we have a situation here in which 1 person (Roxy) thought I was "misbehaving", but I fear it was a misunderstanding of some sort.    Is there any possibility of a language barrier in this situation?   If you were me at the time of the 2nd ban, which happened mid-game, I feel you would have been surprised as I was when it occurred, without warning, and without breaking server rules.  Could it be a case of mistaken identity?

I learn from my mistakes and do not tend to repeat "bad behavior".  Not sure if it matters that at 45 yrs. old, I consider myself mature and unlikely to "misbehave".   If the ban must stay in place, may I please know the reason for the 2nd ban, because I was only able to guess when answering this question for my ban appeal here, "Why do you think you were banned?:"

A thought....if possible...if my bans end up both being voice-chat related could allowing me to play on the server without voice chat be an option?    

SMH 

• Member ID:  2995
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  181
  • Topic Count:  690
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  4433
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Achievement Points:  48541
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  02/13/1966

Your second ban came from a different admin than Roxy, for the same reason.  You were given a second chance, and repeated the behavior.  

Thanks again.  Message received.  

Can't blame me for trying?  ;) It really is a nice, fun server.  

Best regards.