Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

AstraZenecz/Covidshield What Is Your Expierence?

WeednFeed

• Member ID:  480
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  250
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2639
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  45790
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975
  • Device:  Android

Wife and I had the pfizer yesterday... sore arm and only other side effect I got was antivax morons from Facebook who dont like when you push back when they question why you got the shot (my father is stage 4 terminal lung cancer and have explained this in past to them.. i drive him to appointmemts...get groceries...help aroundn house... I HAVE to be safe) so they unfriend you... not a bad side effect at all in my mind... fuck em.. my body my choice

A couple friends had the AZ with similar results as yoy.. achy fever/flu symptoms for a day or so

Edited by StormCrow

• Member ID:  24820
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  516
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  Windows

5 hours ago, Timmah! said:

You should still get at least one shot of the vaccine, even if you've already had COVID:   Here's why:   https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/19/health/covid-vaccine-single-dose.html

.Dr. Krammer led another of the new studies, which showed that people who have had Covid-19 and received one dose of a vaccine experienced more severe side effects from the inoculation and had more antibodies compared with those who had not been infected before.

But one shot of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine significantly changed the picture: It amplified the amount of antibodies in their blood by a thousandfold — “a massive, massive boost,” said Andrew T. McGuire, an immunologist at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, who led the study.

Flush with antibodies, samples from all of the participants could neutralize not only B.1.351, but also the coronavirus that caused the SARS epidemic in 2003.

In fact, the antibodies seemed to perform better than those in people who had not had Covid and had received two doses of a vaccine. Multiple studies have suggested that the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines are about five times less effective against the variant.

Another big thing for me Timmah is a matter of trust.  There are a lot of findings, contradictory studies and bs out there that I really have to step back and wait how this all plays out.  Not to say that the article that you pointed out is false. But I can't be sure.  Stories about our past president secretly banking on herd immunity while lying to the public that vaccines were being distributed has played a major role in my lack of trust.  I'm not against vaccines in general but I think we rolled this one out pretty quick.  With confidence I can say we don't know enough.

• Member ID:  27916
  • Group:  ++ Insurgency Admin
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  389
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  2486

I'm afraid of needles.

• Member ID:  1100
  • Followers:  164
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1035
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  9247
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/30/1980

22 hours ago, Smithers said:

Hey FunStick. Keep us updated.  I had no vaccine and it (Covid) lasted about 10 days.  If it's short term discomfort consider yourself lucky.  Keep you in my prayers. 

Thanks brother i appreciate you alot.  Yesterday I wanted to literally die, begging for death.  Today I have minor chills, but still have major achy bones and muscles, got pain in my chest, and it hurts when I breathe ( feels like fluid build-up), as well as a sharp pain on the right side of my stomach and the poopies.  Hopefully i will be back to normal tomorrow.   

• Member ID:  433
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2305
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  23813
  • Days Won:  35
  • Birthday:  05/28/1957
  • Device:  Macintosh

10 minutes ago, FunStick said:

Thanks brother i appreciate you alot.  Yesterday I wanted to literally die, begging for death.  Today I have minor chills, but still have major achy bones and muscles, got pain in my chest, and it hurts when I breathe ( feels like fluid build-up), as well as a sharp pain on the right side of my stomach and the poopies.  Hopefully i will be back to normal tomorrow.   

Hey Funstick, did you have Covid? Some folks report if they had Covid the shot hits them harder.

6 minutes ago, FunStick said:

Some tips: 1. Sleep with your chest down.

2. Keep hydrated. Drink lots of water.

3. Eat something light like chicken soup even though you may not feel like it. Your body needs nutrients to fight.

4. One thing that had me worried was the virus getting to my lungs. So everyday when I woke up I would try to hold my breath for as long as I could to test them out.  If your lungs get worse go to the hospital.

5. I lived on oranges and water for about 6 six days before I started eating again.

6. Ask the Good Lord for help.

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

3. Eat something light like chicken soup even though you may not feel like it. Your body needs nutrients to fight.

4. One thing that had me worried was the virus getting to my lungs. So everyday when I woke up I would try to hold my breath for as long as I could to test them out.  If your lungs get worse go to the hospital.

5. I lived on oranges and water for about 6 six days before I started eating again.

I had diarrhea as well. It's your body trying to dispel the virus.

1 hour ago, WeednFeed said:

Hey Funstick, did you have Covid? Some folks report if they had Covid the shot hits them harder.

I got tested a few times and it was always negative.  

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

I am going to grab me some oranges tomorrow.  I got a bottle of vitamin c too. 

12 hours ago, StormCrow said:

Wife and I had the pfizer yesterday... sore arm and only other side effect I got was antivax morons from Facebook who dont like when you push back when they question why you got the shot (my father is stage 4 terminal lung cancer and have explained this in past to them.. i drive him to appointmemts...get groceries...help aroundn house... I HAVE to be safe) so they unfriend you... not a bad side effect at all in my mind... fuck em.. my body my choice

A couple friends had the AZ with similar results as yoy.. achy fever/flu symptoms for a day or so

I don't understand why people would unfriend someone if they got vaccinated or not.  To me that doesn't make sense.  Even though I didn't want to be vaccinated, I was still supportive of those who did.  But yes you are right, you need to be safe and fuck em if they don't like your choice.  

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

I had diarrhea as well. It's your body trying to dispel the virus.

I do feel like i have fluid in my lungs, but I will wait a few days to see how it goes.  I can feel it when i move my body around and when I breathe (which, i am getting shortness of breathe)

• Member ID:  480
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  250
  • Content Count:  2639
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  45790
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975
  • Device:  Android

3 minutes ago, FunStick said:

I don't understand why people would unfriend someone if they got vaccinated or not.  To me that doesn't make sense.  Even though I didn't want to be vaccinated, I was still supportive of those who did.  But yes you are right, you need to be safe and fuck em if they don't like your choice.  

Meh, what can ya do, I had already explained to this person the week before the exact reasoning behind why I am doing it, still get called a sheep and told to use my common sense after a long ramble about big pharma this and aids pills that and blah blah blah, I finally told them their opinion means shit to me because I am doing what I FEEL I need to do... a couple of friends on my list agreed and blammmo, unfriended and replies all gone from my post, c'est la vie LMAO

Finally woke up and feel 90% better!! wooohooo!!!!   Worse 48 hours ever though..  

On 4/24/2021 at 9:55 AM, FunStick said:

Finally woke up and feel 90% better!! wooohooo!!!!   Worse 48 hours ever though..  

So glad bro, did the fluid problem disappear totally ?  After I had Covid, I tested myself out by walking 4 miles.  I checked to see if I could handle it (post-Covid).  The incessant coughing (9 days) had me worried that I wouldn't be able to perform physical activities or exercise in the future. This was about 3 weeks after my symptoms disappeared and I thought it'd be safe to go out. Felt good, didn't have to stop. Wasn't gasping for air.  Also, a friend of mine is experiencing post-Covid brain-fog where he has trouble focusing and concentrating.  Not to scare you but these and other lingering effects are real and you should watch for after recovering.  Go to your doctor, get yourself a complete check, heart, lungs.  If doctor says it's unnecessary tell him HE is unnecessary and get a new doctor. 

• Member ID:  6247
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5422

My dad had covid, had the Pfiser shots later, all with NO SIDEFFECTS, nothing.  So, I kinda thought it would be the same for me as we have the same blood type and I am very much like him.  Sure enough, I had two moderna shots, no problems, A OK.  But now my sister got covid, was horrible for her but not ER horrible.  Then, with both her moderna shots later, she had horrible times, sick in bed, bad fevers, very bad.  She has a different blood type than me and my dad.  So, here is the thing - my point is this - COVID SUCKS.  Avoid it, prevent it, wear masks, help others and yourself.  Take the shot, whichever you can get asap.  Plan for the worst, hope for the best.  We all have to do our part in this global pandemic to make it stop and ineffective.  And yes, as weed and feed wrote about the future, this time frame will be in the history books like the global pandemic of the 1918ish is.  https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-i/1918-flu-pandemic

As for results from this pandemic, I think and wonder if it is changing the way folks work, the way folks socialize, many things will probably be different now.  For one thing, all of us are now much, much, much more accustomed to wearing masks, and it is not so strange to see someone in a mask.  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html

And as a fashion statement, masks have added another opportunity for bling accessorizing to our wardrobes (hehe)  :ph34r: :shuriken:  :hrhr:  Now get back in those maps silly soldiers!  :2guns:  https://www.livescience.com/ways-covid-19-changed-the-world-2020.html

• Member ID:  23520
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  737
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7105
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Majbasil said:

For one thing, all of us are now much, much, much more accustomed to wearing masks, and it is not so strange to see someone in a mask.  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html

And as a fashion statement, masks have added another opportunity for bling accessorizing to our wardrobes (hehe)  :ph34r: :shuriken:  :hrhr:  Now get back in those maps silly soldiers!  :2guns:  https://www.livescience.com/ways-covid-19-changed-the-world-2020.html

Sorry but no, they are fucking awful and need to go. I'm not accustomed to shit. At least in America you have the choice of moving to a mask or non-mask state depending on your preference.

• Member ID:  25598
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  2810
  • Birthday:  09/22/1956

After my first AZ no problems. After my second AZ shot I had temperature for one day only. Also had a pretty bad rheumatoid arthritis flare up two days after the second shot. Now all good.

Edited by Ghostlupus

• Member ID:  607
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Content Count:  3332
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33539
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966

Well I have had my second AZ  5 Hours ago. The first shot left me feeling ill like a bad case of flu (aches and pains) for around 12 hours, but for some reason after only 4 hours of having my second shot, I really do ache but what worries me is when I received the shot this time the Nurse informed me I could experience shortness of breath and a tightness in the chest. Not something someone with my condition wants to hear (I have Asthma and COPD) 

But I will let you know how I get on .....

• Member ID:  433
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2305
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  23813
  • Days Won:  35
  • Birthday:  05/28/1957
  • Device:  Macintosh

3 hours ago, baldie said:

Well I have had my second AZ  5 Hours ago. The first shot left me feeling ill like a bad case of flu (aches and pains) for around 12 hours, but for some reason after only 4 hours of having my second shot, I really do ache but what worries me is when I received the shot this time the Nurse informed me I could experience shortness of breath and a tightness in the chest. Not something someone with my condition wants to hear (I have Asthma and COPD) 

But I will let you know how I get on .....

I hope it all goes smoothly for you! Thanks for posting.

Canada is really behind with vaccinations compared most countries. We are now going through a 3rd wave of Covid and the numbers are not very good. The Federal government really let us down in my opinion.