Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Pfizer 2nd shot

FunStick

• Member ID:  1100
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  164
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1035
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  9247
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/30/1980
  • Device:  Windows

21 hours ago, Timmah! said:

Because I have a particular viewpoint that doesn't jibe with  someone else's sentiment means I'm a dick.  The majority of the people in this group are over 30 & would do well to have the vaccine.  So, if I disagree with you thinking I'm a dick because other people disagree with me, by that logic, you also are being a dick, since I disagree with you.  And @YACCster, you should be the last person to 'heart' anyone for dickish criticality.  But I like the general statement of 'I understand what Sharpe is trying to say' without any specificity.  Much easier than coming with supporting facts & references explaining one's position. You do realize there's thousands of people that died because people needlessly spread the virus.   I believe that people that don't want to get vaccinated should be barred from public venues, so they don't kill others with their inconsideration.  Their attitude is 'fuck them.'  So, fuck them.  Many have blood on their hands just as surely as if they walked-up & shot someone in the head. Worse actually, because at least that'd be a quick death compared to protracted, cascading multiple organ failure or a nice, slow suffocation due to pulmonary interstitial fluid accumulation.  But let's go with the 'I'm being a dick' premise, since it's more convenient.

Your jive / attitude is condescending towards sharpe's opinion and then your blasting "supporting" facts provided by entities that knew about Covid since Nov-2019.  If you're the type of person that believes everything the news / media and govt's tell them, then so be it.   However, people still have the right to do what they want to their bodies and how to take care of it.  People not taking the vaccine are inconsiderate of others, is a false fucking narrative.  Get real,  just because people don't want to take a vaccine doesn't mean they don't care for others.   Before covid, the most cause of deaths in the US was "Heart Disease"  and it's been fairly consistent for 5 years.  Ever consider cutting off your dick to prevent rape?  Inconsiderate asshole.  🙂

• Member ID:  26443
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  466
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5951
  • Content Per Day:  2.52
  • Achievement Points:  50915
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

2 hours ago, FunStick said:

Your jive / attitude is condescending towards sharpe's opinion and then your blasting "supporting" facts provided by entities that knew about Covid since Nov-2019.  If you're the type of person that believes everything the news / media and govt's tell them, then so be it.   However, people still have the right to do what they want to their bodies and how to take care of it.  People not taking the vaccine are inconsiderate of others, is a false fucking narrative.  Get real,  just because people don't want to take a vaccine doesn't mean they don't care for others.   Before covid, the most cause of deaths in the US was "Heart Disease"  and it's been fairly consistent for 5 years.  Ever consider cutting off your dick to prevent rape?  Inconsiderate asshole.  🙂

Hey!  Congrats on a lotta stupid in one paragraph.  Asking me if I worked for Phizer was an invitation for sarcasm.  Also: Fuck you.  Have a great day.

• Member ID:  23520
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7156
  • Days Won:  1

35 minutes ago, Timmah! said:

Hey!  Congrats on a lotta stupid in one paragraph.  Asking me if I worked for Phizer was an invitation for sarcasm.  Also: Fuck you.  Have a great day.

You started the post with "Some of you are silly" which is pretty condescending, as if there aren't legitimate reasons for concern. I replied jokingly as we had had a reasonable, lengthy debate about a month ago and didn't think we were on the level of needing to start throwing ad this and ad that around if we didn't provide evidence for every remark. You already knew where I stood.

Just try not to talk in such absolutes. I get it, you think the vaccine is a good for you and for most people. Fair enough. You think any potential risks are worth it. You think those risks are extremely minimal. You can't say with 100% certainty that there aren't possible unknown side effects, not including those that have already come to light. 

I'll be honest, having to sit and look up all the information I have processed on this issue to provide links etc is time consuming and I can't really be fucked anymore lol. I think I said it in the last thread, we agree to disagree. I thought we were able to poke a little fun at each other perhaps in place of further discussion to the point of ad nauseum, but perhaps you feel too strongly about this issue for that.

1 hour ago, Sharpe said:

You started the post with "Some of you are silly" which is pretty condescending, as if there aren't legitimate reasons for concern. I replied jokingly as we had had a reasonable, lengthy debate about a month ago and didn't think we were on the level of needing to start throwing ad this and ad that around if we didn't provide evidence for every remark. You already knew where I stood.

Just try not to talk in such absolutes. I get it, you think the vaccine is a good for you and for most people. Fair enough. You think any potential risks are worth it. You think those risks are extremely minimal. You can't say with 100% certainty that there aren't possible unknown side effects, not including those that have already come to light. 

I'll be honest, having to sit and look up all the information I have processed on this issue to provide links etc is time consuming and I can't really be fucked anymore lol. I think I said it in the last thread, we agree to disagree. I thought we were able to poke a little fun at each other perhaps in place of further discussion to the point of ad nauseum, but perhaps you feel too strongly about this issue for that.

Well, this particular subject.  I've had the honor of taking care of people while they were dying,  sat in the room with them witnessing their last minutes, even as their family couldn't be bothered to visit them in their last days.  After a year of people on manifold media platforms spouting uninformed opinions or outright lying for dissembling reasons, costing others their lives, my patience on this subject is about as thin as it could be on any.

Edited by Timmah!
spelling

• Member ID:  23520
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7156
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Timmah! said:

Well, this particular subject.  I've had the honor of taking care of people while they were dying,  sat in the room with them witnessing their last minutes, even as their family couldn't be bothered to visit them in their last days.  After a year of people on manifold media platforms spouting uniformed opinions or outright lying for dissembling reasons, costing others their lives, my patience on this subject is about as thin as it could be on any.

I get it. I do hope the vaccines on the whole are a major success with minimal side effects. Keep in mind that there are people out there who have experienced iatrogenesis, this can make you extremely hesitant to receive any medical treatment, not just vaccines. If I knew for certain that I wouldn't experience ill effects, yes I would take the vaccine to protect the few that are unable to receive it themselves. I don't wish ill health and death on strangers. 

19 minutes ago, Sharpe said:

I get it. I do hope the vaccines on the whole are a major success with minimal side effects. Keep in mind that there are people out there who have experienced iatrogenesis, this can make you extremely hesitant to receive any medical treatment, not just vaccines. If I knew for certain that I wouldn't experience ill effects, yes I would take the vaccine to protect the few that are unable to receive it themselves. I don't wish ill health and death on strangers. 

On that subject, I'm not - perhaps to some, surprisingly- a fan of U.S. hospitals.  Avoid them when at all possible.  Why?  Mainly nosocomial infections.  100,000 people die every year in U.S. health care facilities mainly because of poor hygiene practices of doctors, nurses & other health care workers.  Deaths caused by the very people that are supposed to heal.  Because people are too lazy to wash their hands between patients.  Now there's some obscenely criminal irony.

• Member ID:  1100
  • Followers:  164
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1035
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  9247
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/30/1980

3 hours ago, Timmah! said:

Hey dumbass, I never asked if you worked for Pfizer.  You are retarded.  The name suits you after all. 

42 minutes ago, FunStick said:

Hey dumbass, I never asked if you worked for Pfizer.  You are retarded.  The name suits you after all. 

Ahh, the realm of non-sequitur.  Your free trial of 'pay attention to me' has expired.  ❤️

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14876
  • Content Per Day:  2.79
  • Achievement Points:  91012
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

8 hours ago, Timmah! said:

On that subject, I'm not - perhaps to some, surprisingly- a fan of U.S. hospitals.  Avoid them when at all possible.  Why?  Mainly nosocomial infections.  100,000 people die every year in U.S. health care facilities mainly because of poor hygiene practices of doctors, nurses & other health care workers.  Deaths caused by the very people that are supposed to heal.  Because people are too lazy to wash their hands between patients.  Now there's some obscenely criminal irony.

That is a little harsh don’t you think?  We are the ones on the front line of this mess and you want to shit all over us? 

• Member ID:  49
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  835
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  11411
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/09/1966

On 4/24/2021 at 11:38 PM, LilAcorn said:

i had both shots of Pfizer... 1st shot i had weird ass dreams and a tender shoulder, 2nd shot nothing at all. Hubby had no symptoms either.

i had my 2nd maderna and now i am feeling a bit more like a cenacle asshole. is that a side affect? ;) 

28 minutes ago, PimpedOutPete said:

That is a little harsh don’t you think?  We are the ones on the front line of this mess and you want to shit all over us? 

It's a little harsh?  100,000 people lose their lives in a single year mainly because of poor hygiene practices by health care workers... & that's in hospitals alone, & your issue is not with that so much as that fact merely being mentioned?  Splendid.  The only people that should take offence are those who lose a family member because someone didn't properly clean their hands.

• Member ID:  24820
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  516
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Timmah! said:

It's a little harsh?  100,000 people lose their lives in a single year mainly because of poor hygiene practices by health care workers... & that's in hospitals alone, & your issue is not with that so much as that fact merely being mentioned?  Splendid.  The only people that should take offence are those who lose a family member because someone didn't properly clean their hands.

Thanks Timmah for the work you do.  Can't imagine seeing death everyday. It can't be easy to witness it anytime even though you've "seen it before".  Prayers are with you bro. Stay positive ! 

7 hours ago, Timmah! said:

My point is throwing out flippant statements like this only discourages people from seeking medical help and worse during an epidemic is the worse thing you can do. 

Yes, you are correct this is an issue, healthcare providers acknowledge this and we trying to do better. Where do you think your stats come from? Studies have shown that proper education and training of health care workers increases compliance with and adoption of best practices (e.g., infection control, hand hygiene, attention to safety culture, and antibiotic stewardship) to prevent HAIs. Where is your statement about antibiotic resistant pathogens that are sweeping through healthcare? What about the stats for HAIs in all nations including third world countries or that healthcare has improved dramatically in this situation.

I have no problem admitting we can do better, god knows we can all do better. If your point was to throw a grenade in the situation then great, well done.

Note: Your stats are correct and sadly all those patients deserved better, but it wasn’t from a lack of trying to do right thing. We just need to do better because lives are on the line.

5 minutes ago, PimpedOutPete said:

My point is throwing out flippant statements like this only discourages people from seeking medical help and worse during an epidemic is the worse thing you can do. 

Yes, you are correct this is an issue, healthcare providers acknowledge this and we trying to do better. Where do you think your stats come from? Studies have shown that proper education and training of health care workers increases compliance with and adoption of best practices (e.g., infection control, hand hygiene, attention to safety culture, and antibiotic stewardship) to prevent HAIs. Where is your statement about antibiotic resistant pathogens that are sweeping through healthcare? What about the stats for HAIs in all nations including third world countries or that healthcare has improved dramatically in this situation.

I have no problem admitting we can do better, god knows we can all do better. If your point was to throw a grenade in the situation then great, well done.

Note: Your stats are correct and sadly all those patients deserved better, but it wasn’t from a lack of trying to do right thing. We just need to do better because lives are on the line.

That was a weak apology; this shit's been going on for years.  I can't count the times a nurse or a doctor took offense when I diplomatically reminded them they needed to wash their hands before touching the next patient.  You know as well as I that this intransigence has been occurring for decades.  DECADES.  This shit isn't new.  When I began working in healthcare in the '90s.... almost a quarter century- 25 years ago I began- this was an issue.  When I exited the healthcare field not so long ago, it was still a major issue.  Since then, even up to today, it still is an issue.  We're talking 10 people an hour that will die today because of this.  So, where are these amazing strides?  Some of this is because of a hectic pace & being overworked.  A major portion however is because people don't like getting cracked hands or continuously taking the time to wash or sanitize their hands during a heavy caseload of rounds.  But when the consequence is that you're likely going to kill someone, that's just not good enough.  You do realize that at least 25% of ICU blood infections are caused by this lack of hygiene alone?  It would seem to me, that if these deaths were so very worrisome to you, your initial response would have at least made mention of this.  But it didn't.  You just complained about how 'harsh' pointing-out this fact was.  Ever heard that part about first do no harm?  Unless you just can't be arsed to wash yer fucking hands.... then it's ok to kill someone. FOH.

2 hours ago, Smithers said:

Thanks Timmah for the work you do.  Can't imagine seeing death everyday. It can't be easy to witness it anytime even though you've "seen it before".  Prayers are with you bro. Stay positive ! 

Hey, I appreciate it.  We're talking past-tense, as I exited the health care field some years ago.  Just bringing my experiences & knowledge to bear on what I think is a criminally pervasive problem that has been needlessly occurring for years.  Wonder how many family members know that their loved one didn't get to come back home because someone didn't feel like washing their hands.

I’m all for improving on a system that needs improving. As for this being a problem for decade? Hell, they cut soldiers legs off in the civil war due to infection... this isn’t new. 

The issue is it’s pretty darn easy being a Monday morning quarterback on a gaming site quoting issues during a pandemic. Discouraging people from getting healthcare is not the thing to do, and if you were in healthcare that’s NOT what one should do. You seem to have a valuable point of view, I would encourage you to help rather than just criticize.

Every opinion is of value and I appreciate yours. 

im curious, what did you do in healthcare? 

Edited by PimpedOutPete

My apologize to everyone for helping highjack this. Thank you for everyone who is doing their part in preventing this. You are all doing an Job..

Well done. 

44 minutes ago, PimpedOutPete said:

I’m all for improving on a system that needs improving. As for this being a problem for decade? Hell, they cut soldiers legs off in the civil war due to infection... this isn’t new. 

The issue is it’s pretty darn easy being a Monday morning quarterback on a gaming site quoting issues during a pandemic. Discouraging people from getting healthcare is not the thing to do, and if you were in healthcare that’s NOT what one should do. You seem to have a valuable point of view, I would encourage you to help rather than just criticize.

Every opinion is of value and I appreciate yours. 

im curious, what did you do in healthcare? 

I was a registered nurse, not that it would be necessary to understand information readily available.  I like how you avoid the facts & throw out deflections, straw men & ad hominems instead of giving the subject due acknowledgement.  'Flippant, monday morning quarterback, soldiers getting their legs cut-off in the Civil War, been happening for years.'   Hey, some soldier contracted an infection in 1863 due to a gunshot wound & they had to cut-off their leg, so that's one of your apparent apologies for a NOSOCOMIAL (hospital-acquired) infection in 2021.  You using your prefrontal cortex or amygdala for this conversation?  (that's a rhetorical question).  

47 minutes ago, Timmah! said:

I was a registered nurse, not that it would be necessary to understand information readily available.  I like how you avoid the facts & throw out deflections, straw men & ad hominems instead of giving the subject due acknowledgement.  'Flippant, monday morning quarterback, soldiers getting their legs cut-off in the Civil War, been happening for years.'   Hey, some soldier contracted an infection in 1863 due to a gunshot wound & they had to cut-off their leg, so that's one of your apparent apologies for a NOSOCOMIAL (hospital-acquired) infection in 2021.  You using your prefrontal cortex or amygdala for this conversation?  (that's a rhetorical question).  

I haven’t avoided anything. Part of problem solving is A admitting there is a problem and B.. wanting to solve the problem. I have done both, if you want to make a true difference then PM me and we have have meaningful conversation on how we can problem solve this. If you want to continue throwing inflammatory statements then fill your boots. 

Your an RN! You of all people should not be persuading people to not get medical help regardless of your personal opinion. 

16 minutes ago, PimpedOutPete said:

I haven’t avoided anything. Part of problem solving is A admitting there is a problem and B.. wanting to solve the problem. I have done both, if you want to make a true difference then PM me and we have have meaningful conversation on how we can problem solve this. If you want to continue throwing inflammatory statements then fill your boots. 

Your an RN! You of all people should not be persuading people to not get medical help regardless of your personal opinion. 

As part of a conversation of which you originally were not, I was commenting on my hesitancy to visit a hospital unless I needed to.  Didn't tell anyone to not go.  You decided to chime in with your feelings & how you were thrown under the bus because I quoted statistics of 10's of thousands of people dying due to poor hygiene.  That's a heads-up for anybody that does visit a hospital to be sure to ask anyone that's going to touch them to firstly wash their hands.  That's called potentially life-saving, useful information.  Your useless interlocution was to express how it hurt your feelings & was kinda harsh & that people got their legs cut off during the Civil War.  Have a great day.  Also:  You're.

Edited by Timmah!

35 minutes ago, Timmah! said:

As part of a conversation of which you originally were not, I was commenting on my hesitancy to visit a hospital unless I needed to.  Didn't tell anyone to not go.  You decided to chime in with your feelings & how you were thrown under the bus because I quoted statistics of 10's of thousands of people dying due to poor hygiene.  That's a heads-up for anybody that does visit a hospital to be sure to ask anyone that's going to touch them to firstly wash their hands.  That's called potentially life-saving, useful information.  Your useless interlocution was to express how it hurt your feelings & was kinda harsh & that people got their legs cut off during the Civil War.  Have a great day.  Also:  You're.

Quote.. “ On that subject, I'm not - perhaps to some, surprisingly- a fan of U.S. hospitals.  Avoid them when at all possible

If you can’t stand by your statement which I have called you out on multiple times then it’s best not respond at all. If you are stuck on the civil war remark which I admit is theoretical LOL.. then go on and have a nice day as well. 

Tim, either you want to be part of problem or you want to be part of the solution. You have plenty of solid knowledge on the issue, it’s best you stop throwing rocks at your piers and offer some assistance. 

which will it be? 

33 minutes ago, PimpedOutPete said:

Quote.. “ On that subject, I'm not - perhaps to some, surprisingly- a fan of U.S. hospitals.  Avoid them when at all possible

If you can’t stand by your statement which I have called you out on multiple times then it’s best not respond at all. If you are stuck on the civil war remark which I admit is theoretical LOL.. then go on and have a nice day as well. 

Tim, either you want to be part of problem or you want to be part of the solution. You have plenty of solid knowledge on the issue, it’s best you stop throwing rocks at your piers and offer some assistance. 

which will it be? 

You know exactly nothing about my community contribution to situation.  And I stand by my statement of not going to a hospital unless absolutely required.  Don't forget to wash your hands.

https://youtu.be/HKybDdGHZHE

Edited by Timmah!

40 minutes ago, Timmah! said:

You know exactly nothing about my community contribution to situation.  And I stand by my statement of not going to a hospital unless absolutely required.  Don't forget to wash your hands.

https://youtu.be/HKybDdGHZHE

That is very true, I don’t know your situation but your statement was a blanket one in general towards all hospitals in the US.

Sound advice on the hand washing. Sadly I think it took a pandemic to hit that home. 

47 minutes ago, PimpedOutPete said:

That is very true, I don’t know your situation but your statement was a blanket one in general towards all hospitals in the US.

Sound advice on the hand washing. Sadly I think it took a pandemic to hit that home. 

Please, now that you've walked all that blathering back... except for the new 'blanket statement' assertion; since you felt it worthy to take the time to make the claim, explain in as granular of detail as possible what the statement was & in what ways it was a 'blanket' statement.  My commentary was to the effect (that) I'm hesitant to go to a hospital unless absolutely necessary because 100,000 people get killed from something that happens to them there.  Would you like to know, do you think the average joe would like to know that tidbit of information as it would relate to any activity?  And that a very simple thing you learn when you're 5 years old could save your life?: Asking someone to wash their hands before they touch you or any of the shit in the room?  Good idea?  Yet  you called it flippant?  Why?  Please explain how that threw anybody under the bus?  Facts are facts.  Those are some, as I see it, VERY IMPORTANT facts... and a VERY good, simple, actionable prophylactic measure to protect one's life.  But, apparently, what we learn when we're 5 somehow now requires a Doctorate in Medicine to put into practice; otherwise, even the mere suggestion hazards one to be relegated to the status of an armchair quarterback.  Unless, of course, one's ego is more-important than someone else's life.  So don't even discuss it.  

I am getting the impression you have a axe to grind over this and healthcare in general. It’s your ego that is in question not mine. 

i am more than willing to sit and discuss making a difference on this issue and any other if it will help patient outcomes. I have 30 years of healthcare experience and brought up two daughters who are RNs as well. I am still in the game making a difference, I would hope with your knowledge you would do the same. 

We need solid thinkers who wish help than those who wish to stand on the sidelines and say.. your doing it wrong! 

I ask you again , which one are you?