Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Pfizer 2nd shot

FunStick

• Member ID:  26443
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5923
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50670
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

Ok, so 'no' from you on all counts.

Me:    Wash your hands (have others do so before they touch you [it could save your life]).

You:  That's harsh.  You're shitting on us!

Me:   People die. Wash your hands.

You:  That's flippant!  You're discouraging people.  It's the worse [sic] thing you can do.  *worst

Me:   Blah blah, wash your hands.

You:  I'm all for it.  They cut people's legs off in the Civil War.  You're a Monday Morning Quarterback.  Every opinion is of value and I appreciate yours.  Sorry I helped hijack this.

Me:  You're avoiding the facts.  Wash your hands

You:  You're being inflammatory.  I'm here to help.  P.m. me if you want to make a difference.

Me:  Nobody addressed you before you interjected your feelings.  Wash your hands

You:  I've called you out multiple times.  You're stuck on my Civil War comment.  You wanna be part of the problem or solution?  Stop throwing rocks.

Me:  You don't' know me.  Wash your hands.

You:  I don't know you.  Ok, wash your hands.  You made a blanket statement.

Me:  Please explain.  Wash your hands.

You:  I sense your ego involved.  I know you are, but what am I?  I'm willing to discuss making a difference on this issue.  I'm here to help.  

Me:  Wash your hands

That was the point I was making before you jumped in with your hurt feelings.  And helped the conversation's productivity with your ad hominems, assumptions, deflections, & bizarre, irrelevant Civil War anecdote.

Wash your hands.  Every time.

I'm here to help.

Edited by Timmah!

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14873
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Achievement Points:  90995
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

5 minutes ago, Timmah! said:

Ok, so 'no' from you on all counts.

Me:    Wash your hands (have others do so before they touch you [it could save your life]).

You:  That's harsh.  You're shitting on us!

Me:   People die. Wash your hands.

You:  That's flippant!  You're discouraging people.  It's the [sic] 'worse' thing you can do.  *worst

Me:   Blah blah, wash your hands.

You:  I'm all for it.  They cut people's legs off in the Civil War.  You're a Monday Morning Quarterback.  Every opinion is of value and I appreciate yours.  Sorry I helped hijack this.

Me:  You're avoiding the facts.  Wash your hands

You:  You're being inflammatory.  I'm here to help.  P.m. me if you want to make a difference.

Me:  Nobody addressed you before you interjected your feelings.  Wash your hands

You:  I've called you out multiple times.  You're stuck on my Civil War comment.  You wanna be part of the problem or solution?  Stop throwing rocks.

Me:  You don't' know me.  Wash your hands.

You:  I don't know you.  Ok, wash your hands.  You made a blanket statement.

Me:  Please explain.  Wash your hands.

You:  I sense your ego involved.  I know you are, but what am I?  I'm willing to discuss making a difference on this issue.  I'm here to help.  

Me:  Wash your hands

That was the point I was making before you jumped in with your hurt feelings.  And helped the conversation's productivity with your ad hominems, assumptions, deflections, & bizarre, irrelevant Civil War anecdote.

Wash your hands.  Every time.

I'm here to help.

LOL.. you are a drama queen!  I bet your popular at parties. 

16 minutes ago, PimpedOutPete said:

LOL.. you are a drama queen!  I bet your popular at parties. 

You:  Facts = Drama Queen  I bet your [sic] fun at parties!  (two ad hominem in one response)  *you're

Me:  Wash your hands.  Take some remedial grammar.

Edited by Timmah!

25 minutes ago, Timmah! said:

You:  Facts = Drama Queen  I bet your [sic] fun at parties!  (two ad hominem in one response)  *you're

Me:  Wash your hands.  Take some remedial grammar.

LOL.. Is that all you have?  Thats your argument.  Let me say I’m grateful you left healthcare, and your piers are most likely as well. 

35 minutes ago, PimpedOutPete said:

LOL.. Is that all you have?  Thats your argument.  Let me say I’m grateful you left healthcare, and your piers are most likely as well. 

So, no facts?  More ad hominem?  I mean, I'm having a conversation with someone who doesn't know the difference between peer & pier.  If your ability to practice medicine is anywhere on par with your ability to practice basic grammar & spelling, I wouldn't want you coming anywhere near me.  There.  Take that!  Dumbass.  (please feel free to get back on-topic).

1 minute ago, Timmah! said:

So, no facts?  More ad hominem?  I mean, I'm having a conversation with someone who doesn't know the difference between peer & pier.  If your ability to practice medicine is anywhere on par with your ability to practice basic grammar & spelling, I wouldn't want you coming anywhere near me.  There.  Take that!  Dumbass.  (please feel free to get back on-topic).

Wow, hit a nerve did I?  Remember you moved off topic on this by clarifying my grammar. If you can’t stand by your remarks then it’s best you remain on the sidelines.

I have washed my hands of you. 😆

2 minutes ago, PimpedOutPete said:

Wow, hit a nerve did I?  Remember you moved off topic on this by clarifying my grammar. If you can’t stand by your remarks then it’s best you remain on the sidelines.

I have washed my hands of you. 😆

Ahh, you attribute to others your own behavior.  Never answered a single, baseless assertion.  And won't.  Because you can't.  Your 'hit a nerve' is, interestingly, your original motivation for interjecting your useless commentary.  Still won't defend any of your baseless comments.  Because you can't.  I tell people to have people wash their hands & you come running in to claim I shit on you.  And you really don't know the 5th-grade difference between pier & peer?  Or your & you're?  But you ostensibly practice medicine?  Can't make this shit up.  Except the parts you did.  

Oh, & I'm here to help.  (50 years of grammar, diction & punctuation experience; I actually paid attention)

Oh I have noticed. Don’t you think it’s odd that two healthcare providers are disagreeing on something that should unite us? 

My point is Tim, this is semantics. You and I can go on and on about this and get nowhere or we can agree that there is plenty to be done to improve the situation starting with simple washing of hands. I encourage anyone to seek care if needed specially with what  is happening now. Yes, remind anyone who provides you with care to be diligent about their techniques. Please do not second guess yourself for if you wait it maybe to late. 

Edited by PimpedOutPete

• Member ID:  23520
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  737
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7105
  • Days Won:  1
  • Device:  Windows

I can't believe the bbc actually did what appears to be a fairly balanced article on vaccine concerns :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-56665396

I think overall it paints a similar picture to the one I was trying to make.  I would add that I am still concerned about new side effects emerging, however the longer the vaccines are rolled out the less likely they are to appear. It would be great if they could work out why a very small minority are prone to these clots. I think that that, along with further individual analysis of a persons own unique risk factors and how that may tip the scale in regards to likely severity of symptoms, would be useful in making a choice about whether to get vaccinated, particularly in the young.

Protection of the few unable to get vaccinated would potentially remain an issue. In lieu of vaccination to protect others you could look at other measures for this, however this should be proportional to the overall risk in my opinion. Viral prevalence, advancements in treatment, etc., would play a role in determining potential reasonable measures to be taken. That is a whole other can of worms though.

12 minutes ago, Sharpe said:

I can't believe the bbc actually did what appears to be a fairly balanced article on vaccine concerns :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-56665396

I think overall it paints a similar picture to the one I was trying to make.  I would add that I am still concerned about new side effects emerging, however the longer the vaccines are rolled out the less likely they are to appear. It would be great if they could work out why a very small minority are prone to these clots. I think that that, along with further individual analysis of a persons own unique risk factors and how that may tip the scale in regards to likely severity of symptoms, would be useful in making a choice about whether to get vaccinated, particularly in the young.

Protection of the few unable to get vaccinated would potentially remain an issue. In lieu of vaccination to protect others you could look at other measures for this, however this should be proportional to the overall risk in my opinion. Viral prevalence, advancements in treatment, etc., would play a role in determining potential reasonable measures to be taken. That is a whole other can of worms though.

Seemingly, the J&J & Astra Zeneca delivery vehicle (an Adenovirus) is the likely culprit & would explain why Pfizer's vaccine doesn't, as it doesn't (use a virus).

• Member ID:  23
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1828
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16039
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

I got my second jab of the Pfizer Vaccine on Friday just after work at the Microsoft Campus to make sure that I got a good working chip in my dose so Bill can turn me in to a Zombie lol. I will say that my second poke was much worse than the first go round, which I think might be due to having had one of the first 500 cases in the US in early March 2020. Research is showing that many who have had Covid-19 seem to be reporting side effects that are the same only stronger that those who have not been exposed to the virus before their vaccine. I got my Jab at 6:00 pm Friday and didn't feel better until about 6:00 pm on Sunday. No gaming on Saturday at all and only able to game for about 2 hours Sunday because I had to get out of bed because my back and hips hurt so bad from laying in bed for 36 plus hours. I had zero appetite but was super thirsty so drank loads of water and the Wife made me take 1,000 mgs of Tylenol every 4 hours since my fever was 101.3 to 101.6 most of the time and I was still cold as I have ever been even with lots of warm layers, 2 heating pads and her laying next to me which she rarely does anymore due to hot flashes (She Loves Old P-Man). It was a rough weekend but it wasn't as bad as the past 13 months after Covid-19, I still have some lasting lung issues as well as trouble remembering things which I never had before. With the vaccine you have some level of protection against the current known Covid strains and you know the effects on your body will be over in a short period of time based on current follow up data plus there have been only a few cases of break through with these vaccines. Wash your hands, if you use a cloth mask wash that fucker often as well. It's not there as a fashion statement it is there to protect you and those you love. If you don't wear a mask because it infringes on your rights you most likely have shit under your fingernails since you most likely don't wash your hands because no one can prove you didn't unless they watch you leave the can after you dropped the twins off at the pool and pulled up the same underwear you wore for 2 days. Please get vaccinated before the virus mutates beyond our ability to control it with current knowledge. Here in the USA our vaccine program was started by a President of 1 party and put into arms in huge numbers by a President of the other party. This is Bipartisan and there should be no reason to not get protected, in fact this treatment came from technology and methods used by our DOD and their programs to protect our troops from all sorts of potential threats on the battlefield. I know we are all going to die at some time but who wants to die alone with the thought that they may have also killed those they cherish the most and forced them to die alone as well. Wash you hands, wash your cloth masks, wash your ass, stay away from me in a building, feel free to remove your mask outside as long as you stay away from me and when this is all in the past ugly people keep wearing masks and unless you are a stripper giving me a lap dance stay away from me. 

There was a virologist I read about recently who had some major concerns about the current vaccination campaign. Managed to find him again. Yes his degree is in veterinary medicine, however his phd is in virology and it appears he has extensive experience in the field.

https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/  

This is again well above my ability to even begin to question never mind refute. This is the type of stuff that gives me pause. I actually nearly posted a link a while back to Bret Weinstein and his wife discussing potential vaccine concerns, they aren't against vaccines they were just voicing concerns about the potentiality of long term side effects. I see he has coincidentally had Geert Vanden Bossche on his podcast 4 days ago. I haven't had the time to listen to it yet but will give it a watch and see what they say. I've known about Bret Weinstein for a few years now and he has always come across as a thoughtful, intelligent and reasonable person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNyAovuUxro&t=1s

Edited by Sharpe

3 hours ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

I got my second jab of the Pfizer Vaccine on Friday ...

My situation & experiences were similar.  Caught what I believe was teh Covid ~14 months ago.  Got double pneumonia.  3 weeks of coughing-up shit, 3 weeks of convalescence, being weak af.  Flu never did that to me, nor any secondary bacterial infection.  Wasn't bacterial as I was on a course of Clindamycin at the time.  Stayed hydrated, took some Guaifenesin, methylprednisolone, cough suppressant as needed & had an Albuterol inhaler I never, thankfully, needed.  Kept the room humid, stuck my face over a pot of hot water upon waking to inhale steam to help loosen the g00.  Felt out of sorts for a while if for no other reason than my body's systems being taxed as they were.  The first shot made me sleep a little more than usual.  The second shot made me sleep considerably more than I usually did.  Would get 8 hours, wake up for 4, and go back to sleep for another 7.  This was to be expected as the inflammatory response & T cells do their thing.  Interestingly, the 2nd shot elicits more of an immediate defense reaction than an additional amplification of memory B cells for people that have previously recovered from COVID.  Data is indicating that the second shot -for those having recovered- offers no more increase in memory B cell serum concentration over the first.  Those people also have a considerably more robust protective immune response as contrasted with those who take both shots but never have had COVID.  A good piece of information is the similarity among mutations originating on different continents:  It indicates that this virus likely will mutate less than others have in the past, making the vaccines more effective.  If someone hasn't yet been vaccinated & is considering, I would suggest the Pfizer over the other 2, as it doesn't contain an Adenovirus as a delivery vehicle.

Edited by Timmah!
punctuation

• Member ID:  4101
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1123
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Achievement Points:  8728
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/08/1962

like lambs led to a slaughter 🙂

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

The only second shot these conspiracy theorists have should come from a 45 Magnum lol  😂

16 hours ago, Timmah! said:

My situation & experiences were similar.  Caught what I believe was teh Covid ~14 months ago.  Got double pneumonia.  3 weeks of coughing-up shit, 3 weeks of convalescence, being weak af.  Flu never did that to me, nor any secondary bacterial infection.  Wasn't bacterial as I was on a course of Clindamycin at the time.  Stayed hydrated, took some Guaifenesin, methylprednisolone, cough suppressant as needed & had an Albuterol inhaler I never, thankfully, needed.  Kept the room humid, stuck my face over a pot of hot water upon waking to inhale steam to help loosen the g00.  Felt out of sorts for a while if for no other reason than my body's systems being taxed as they were.  The first shot made me sleep a little more than usual.  The second shot made me sleep considerably more than I usually did.  Would get 8 hours, wake up for 4, and go back to sleep for another 7.  This was to be expected as the inflammatory response & T cells do their thing.  Interestingly, the 2nd shot elicits more of an immediate defense reaction than an additional amplification of memory B cells for people that have previously recovered from COVID.  Data is indicating that the second shot -for those having recovered- offers no more increase in memory B cell serum concentration over the first.  Those people also have a considerably more robust protective immune response as contrasted with those who take both shots but never have had COVID.  A good piece of information is the similarity among mutations originating on different continents:  It indicates that this virus likely will mutate less than others have in the past, making the vaccines more effective.  If someone hasn't yet been vaccinated & is considering, I would suggest the Pfizer over the other 2, as it doesn't contain an enovirus as a delivery vehicle.

I too have had to use my Albuterol inhaler much more than I did before I got Covid-19 and I think it has kept the amount of thick odd mucus in my lungs at a level that is easier to get out of them in the mornings. I am also pleasantly surprised that you didn't use "So, no facts?  More ad hominem?" in response to my post. I would hate to run afoul of the "Grammar Police" since I tend to type in run on sentences. I will typically put in a period where I would take a breath, English wasn't my bag in school but I can add faster than most people can enter it in to a calculator lol. Plus I did learn the difference between then and than hahaha. Wash up, get your vaccines, and stay out of my now much larger personal space lol

5 minutes ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

I too have had to use my Albuterol inhaler much more than I did before I got Covid-19 and I think it has kept the amount of thick odd mucus in my lungs at a level that is easier to get out of them in the mornings. I am also pleasantly surprised that you didn't use "So, no facts?  More ad hominem?" in response to my post. I would hate to run afoul of the "Grammar Police" since I tend to type in run on sentences. I will typically put in a period where I would take a breath, English wasn't my bag in school but I can add faster than most people can enter it in to a calculator lol. Plus I did learn the difference between then and than hahaha. Wash up, get your vaccines, and stay out of my now much larger personal space lol

Lol, I was bored & high; & he gave me some motivation.  Fortunately, my asthma went away by the time I was 12 or so.  Do you ever take Guaifenesin to help make the c0ugh more productive?  If you do, it's a good idea to make sure you stay hydrated for it to be maximally effective.  Also:  run-on.  =P

11 minutes ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

Well played Ron.  😆

On 4/23/2021 at 11:03 AM, Sharpe said:

@PHUCKITMANDo you drive?

Yes I drive and don't see what that has anything to do with what I have posted or been through in the past 14 months. Just a reminder I got Covid-19 when 45 knew about it and how fast it could and would spread and a very good idea how deadly it would be and wasn't letting anyone inform us here in the US about it as he claimed this was just a flu and would pass quickly. I had no reason to drive somewhere else to avoid infection. The proof came to light when he spoke to Bob Woodward on 02/07/2020 and was heard saying "It goes through air, Bob. That's always tougher than the touch. You know, the touch - you don't have to touch things, right? But the air - you just breathe the air. That's how it's passed. And so that's a very tricky one. That's a very delicate one. It's also more deadly than your - you know, your - even your strenuous flus." Also as of May 1st the average age of new patients has dropped to 48 https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/05/01/992148299/covid-doesnt-discriminate-by-age-serious-cases-on-the-rise-in-younger-adults 

Edited by PHUCKITMAN

2 hours ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

It most definitely does massively discriminate by age. If the vaccines are proving to be very successful and older patients have massively declined, then it would follow that new patients would come from those that are younger. However, the total number of patients will be much fewer in number. The younger cohort will also be far more likely to survive. This doesn't mean that coronavirus is now much deadlier for those that are younger. You can see this in the updated cdc data I posted in this thread.

My question on whether you drive is because when you drive you put others life at risk. It can certainly be debated as to what extent, but your chance of killing someone driving a vehicle is higher than if you take a train for example. Is this a poor comparison to taking a vaccination to protect others? Perhaps. The fact is though that the vast majority of the elderly can receive a vaccine, and they have generally been first in line to do so. Trying to guilt or coerce others into receiving a new medical treatment is dangerous thinking. It may very well be that the vaccines are safe for the vast majority and on balance a good idea. However, caution is warranted in those that are of particularly low risk, especially when negative side effects will potentially disproportionately effect healthspan. As an example, a 20 year old with a very low risk of coronavirus gets a vaccine and then hypothetically develops a serious autoimmune condition from said vaccine. They will then potentially have to live with this for the rest of their life, on average another 60 or so years unless they developed a condition that shortens lifespan. Conversely, an 80 year old at very high risk from coronavirus takes the vaccine and develops the same autoimmune condition. They are already near the end of their life - the cost benefit analysis is completely different. There have been numerous experts and doctors voicing caution about the vaccines. I posted an example in this thread. There are certainly enough to be more than just a few fringe lunatics. Many have full medical licenses.

The do you drive question boils down to acceptable risk. We can't save everyone from everything. Life has inherent risk built in. Do we know what percentage of people have been told not to receive a vaccine? How does this weigh up against people that already have died from a vaccine after their government told them it was safe, only to then change recommendations after said deaths? It is still possible that new side effects will come to light? Such questions need to be approached with reasonable, level headed analysis. 

Edited by Sharpe

• Member ID:  27143
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2166
  • Days Won:  0

I've put worse things in me than the 2 shots of Pfizer.  Diet Pepsi even.  Irony for me is I never trusted the company before (Pfizer).  I was also ignorant to the contents until the moment I signed the release form.  I had assumed (without asking) that the vaccine carried a bit of COVID in it....shea, not right, I know....then.

The nurse gave me advice:  Move your arm.  Drink lots of water/stay hydrated..one of the two.

The advice didn't come without asking, but I was grateful for it.

Had a sore arm for a day-point-five, but I don't think anything else bad will come.  Sorta pissed that I still don't feel like shaking hands is normal.  I'm IMMUNE!  Right?

I miss humanity and this situation has caused division in my own family.  

Bah.   Hold on, I think I'm receiving a message...wait no that's normal.