Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

US Postal Service

TheLastColdBeer

• Member ID:  489
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4668
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41007
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Twice within the last 6 months a check mailed to Visa failed to arrive anywhere near on time, even when mailed two weeks previously. The last straw was an insurance bill that arrived, postmarked a month ago, on the date it was due. From 60 miles away. If I have to do everything over the phone (not allowing Visa access to my accounts), why do we have a postal service?

• Member ID:  23233
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2374
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  18819
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  08/11/1963
  • Device:  Windows

just think at the peolple who live in remote areas without internet line  or even no cell phone signals or a week one like i have.

• Member ID:  26443
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5923
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50669
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

I live in an apartment building..  It's all indoors, including the hallways.  A few of our residents like delivering the packages to our doors because they're nice people & it gives some of them something to do.  When the building manager decided that the package delivery companies needed to deliver the packages to the residents' doors themselves, the USPS carrier refused & would leave them in the mailroom & mark them as delivered.  Mail 'delivered' on a Saturday would sit in the mailroom until Monday, when the manager returned.  A solution was reached by a package locker being bolted to the floor by the mailboxes in the lobby.  So what happens the very next Saturday?  Fuckbag leaves them in the mailroom anyway, marking them delivered.  I went down to the post office & complained, stating that I don't live in the fucking mail room & it'd be really great if the carrier would do their job & deliver them to the recipients' doors, where they live.  They started dissembling, throwing out bullshit excuses of how they don't have time to do that.  I reiterated that it's their fucking job; they get paid for it, the hallways are all inside a climate-contolled building, that if they were all separate houses on a street, they would have to drive to each, get out of their mail cart & walk it to the front door, taking much longer than how they are currently all conveniently housed in one building.  Time to talk to the postmaster again, so these shitbags do the job for which they're paid.

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6416
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Achievement Points:  54322
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965

I have had mail delivered to local carrier and then shipped out to another city and then return days later...Their excuse was it was by mistake put on the wrong belt...I had at home two tracked packages on the same night where one was marked as delivered to porch the other marked request to hold by customer so I went out the door after the mailman only to find the one he delivered to the wrong address (we went and got it) and other he still had on him...Oddly enough I asked him if he had packages for me earlier and he had said no as he passed the house...I have had mail opened and gutted in the past and next day shipping that left the State all together and came back weeks later...USPS is jacked up and I believe on purpose to appear in need of funding

• Member ID:  59
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2107
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15083
  • Days Won:  13

Postal Service has been an issue in our area too.  Its happening across the whole US.   While we do get paper versions of bills, I pay most of our monthly or yearly bills online.   Only medical bills get mailed.  You can sign up for email notifications of incoming mail at the USPS web site.  It doesn't track out going mail though.  But at least you can see what your suppose to get that day.  And our issue is on Mondays we have sub mail carriers.  And they always fuck shit up.  We get neighbors stuff and vice versa. Complained several times to Post Master

• Member ID:  27768
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  924
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  7652
  • Days Won:  1

A lot of the problems are the same as all businesses these days . They dont want to hire full time help cause it costs them too much with medical benefits, pensions, 401 K, vacations and a decent wage etc. So they hire people part time , including the USPS, and thats what your gonna get. Some one who really dont give that much about their job as they will just get another part time job if they get fired.

3 minutes ago, lTplkey336 said:

A lot of the problems are the same as all businesses these days . They dont want to hire full time help cause it costs them too much with medical benefits, pensions, 401 K, vacations and a decent wage etc. So they hire people part time , including the USPS, and thats what your gonna get. Some one who really dont give that much about their job as they will just get another part time job if they get fired.

The attitude I'm sensing when I visit the local post office is one of misanthropic fuck you;  You can calmly begin to explain an issue, prefacing it with complete equanimity, & you can immediately see- even before you have yet to finish your first statement- a comportment of increasingly resentful agitation which quickly leads to them interrupting you in a defensive tone.  So I stand there silently until they make eye contact & then ask if it's ok for me to finish saying what I had begun before they interrupted me.  Ended up being my asking to speak with the post master/manger.  'They're not here right now.'  When are they gonna be back?  'Don't know, they come & go; we don't keep track of them.'  I didn't ask you to keep track of them, do they not have a set schedule of hours during which they're here?  'Yeah, but they come & go, & we don't know when they will return.'  Can you contact them?  'No.'  So, someone's scheduled to be here, but they're not here, nobody knows where they went, when they're gonna return & nobody has a way to contact them; but they're supposed to be running this place?  Then some dude in his early 60s rounds the corner & asks why the packages aren't being left in the package locker newly-bolted to the lobby floor?  Well, if I knew the answer to that, I wouldn't be here, would I?  I think some of these passive-aggressive c0cksuckers are just waaay too complacent with their what I consider relatively cake job.  I've stacked bourbon barrels at a Jim Beam facility, done landscaping, to include climbing trees, laying sod, clearing brush.  I've done roofing on sweltering summer days where the prospect of falling off the roof & going to an air-conditioned ER didn't seem like an entirely bad idea at that moment.  I've worked in nursing & have had every bodily fluid a human can produce splashed upon my corporeal being.  I've wiped asses, cleaned trach tubes, given showers, sponge baths (the answer's 'no', Rob), been cursed & struck by demented patients, worked at a White Castle flipping endless burgers, worked at a pizza joint slapping-out an endless procession of pies & worked a stacked oven in a cramped hot-ass kitchen in the middle of summer;  enclosed & climbed 3-story distillation towers to remove asbestos on frigid winter days & these fools have a fuck you attitude doing an easy job that pays & has benefits.  Some of these motherfuckers need a good country ass whoopin', need to get tuned-up.

• Member ID:  989
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  261
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  17976
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Achievement Points:  131717
  • Days Won:  251
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946

When I go on vacation I have my mail stopped - they deliver anyway - showed PO camera footage - "Oh - it was someone new" - guess they think I'm an >IDIOT<

Edited by TBB

• Member ID:  6247
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5422
  • Days Won:  0

The American Conservative mindset is that the USPS should be privatized.  Efforts have been ongoing to dismantle the USPS.  The current head of the USPS is doing all he can to have the USPS dismantled.  

I have had so many issues lately with USPS, everyone seems to.  I believe the USPS is important for a healthy society and in part is the center of all towns around the country.  LONG LIVE THE USPS.

Vote wisely folks, pay attention to the news, follow the money, who benefits, who suffers, ask why, when and what for. 

https://www.epi.org/publication/the-war-against-the-postal-service/    

• Member ID:  23
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1828
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16039
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

The Postal Service was gutted before the election with claims of losing money and needing to be reorganized even though it is one of the cheapest ways to send a letter on paper or a package compared to the private companies. Our former President also believed IMHO that by pulling equipment, trucks, drop boxes and closing long standing small rural post offices it would get in the way of folks voting by mail during this pandemic since it was the safest way to make your voice heard and was legally allowed across most of the US. However if he could reduce the ability of one of our oldest non Military agencies to do their job he could suppress votes since studies showed that the majority of votes cast by mail were not phony or duplicates and cast by Dem's since they tended to listen to the science about the virus. The current head of the USPS was appointed by 45 and the current USPS Board is dominated by 45 appointees and it is difficult to remove any of them at this time think (45 Deep State). He had a history of overbilling the USPS under the Bush Admin and was a major player in the election of 45 so this is what we have. A man who ran a Private Logistics Company that defrauded us tax payers out of almost 100 Million dollars while under a exclusive contract that didn't go out for competitive bid. My advice is contact those companies that you are paying still by mail and figure out how you can stay ahead of the billing cycles. Insurance companies especially Life love to cancel you as soon as you are late so they get your money and never have to pay out. Good Luck, we pay everything now online and have fraud protection as well as alerts on all the credit reporting companies to not open any new accounts unless they speak to us first. Paying some bills by using your credit card gives you instant protection against fraud and then you just pay your card off each month FYI.

Our local Postmaster is a peach, she'll go the extra mile for anybody. Our distribution center.....not so much. Full of folks that, once in the club, don't feel required to lift a finger.  Advice about billing cycles, I don't carry balances on anything, don't carry debt of any kind, and don't care to include the whole planet on my routing information, passwords, or account numbers. Ain't none of anybody's business. This "secure" plan of doing everything online sux. Any company that can shell out 200 million to avoid a bribery investigation can damn sure afford to mail me a bill.

• Member ID:  27768
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  924
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  7652
  • Days Won:  1

Timmah, so just because the usps person you talked to was behind a counter you think he has to be full time and have benefits. I highly doubt it. Lots of peps work for the usps for years before they get a chance for a full time position. And there is no benefits for part time workers in the usps, Just a lot of younger people that dont want to work but expect everything to be given to them.

6 minutes ago, lTplkey336 said:

Timmah, so just because the usps person you talked to was behind a counter you think he has to be full time and have benefits. I highly doubt it. Lots of peps work for the usps for years before they get a chance for a full time position. And there is no benefits for part time workers in the usps, Just a lot of younger people that dont want to work but expect everything to be given to them.

I'm talking about the Postmaster, the person that runs the post office;  they're full-time.  And yes, even though you missed the context, the snide fucktard behind the counter is full time also, he's been there for several years.

• Member ID:  989
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  261
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  17976
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Achievement Points:  131717
  • Days Won:  251
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946

6 hours ago, Timmah! said:

I'm talking about the Postmaster, the person that runs the post office;  they're full-time.  And yes, even though you missed the context, the snide fucktard behind the counter is full time also, he's been there for several years.

How do you know he's a fucktard???   Most of the ones I met are douche bags!!!   :db:

5 hours ago, TBB said:

How do you know he's a fucktard???   Most of the ones I met are douche bags!!!   :db:

I bet we could get the government to give us a multi million dollar grant to research the difference !!!   That would be fun !!!  And profitable !!!  

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

30 minutes ago, MikeB said:

I bet we could get the government to give us a multi million dollar grant to research the difference !!!   That would be fun !!!  And profitable !!!  

OMG that's funny Mike, reason is you'd probably get it ?

1 hour ago, MikeB said:

Good chance; U.S. government actually spent milli0ns to study the flow rate of different commercial ketchups.  

• Member ID:  23
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1828
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16039
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

52 minutes ago, Timmah! said:

Good chance; U.S. government actually spent milli0ns to study the flow rate of different commercial ketchups.  

They did that because they tried very hard to make Ketchup like pickle relish a Vegetable in school food programs and needed to know how much more they could squeeze out of the few dollars they still spend on feeding poor children in school what is supposed to be a balanced nutritious meal since some schools also provide a morning meal as well. Since fruits and veggies must be served everyday and we all know kids hate veggies and Republicans hate spending money on living children while fighting for unborn children they have had to be creative in meeting current guidelines that keep getting worse with every passing decades. If not for the free lunch program when I was in High School I and my brothers may have starved. During H.S. our Dad was almost killed in a accident with a train hitting the 40 ft delivery van he was driving and never worked again because of his injuries. I got a job at 14.5 during Freshman year washing dishes 3 nights a week at our local Elks Lodge for the money as well as the fact that the members ate very well but didn't use any of the food leftover. So the President of the Lodge who had been my dads boss and got me the job made sure I was sent home with all the leftovers which was mostly full Prime Rib Roasts or Tenderloins and all the fixings. Food insecurity is a real issue in this Country and I am the man I am today because others saw a need and stepped up.   https://www.verywellfamily.com/causes-of-school-lunch-controversy-2601555

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14873
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Achievement Points:  90995
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

21 minutes ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

They did that because they tried very hard to make Ketchup like pickle relish a Vegetable in school food programs and needed to know how much more they could squeeze out of the few dollars they still spend on feeding poor children in school what is supposed to be a balanced nutritious meal since some schools also provide a morning meal as well. Since fruits and veggies must be served everyday and we all know kids hate veggies and Republicans hate spending money on living children while fighting for unborn children they have had to be creative in meeting current guidelines that keep getting worse with every passing decades. If not for the free lunch program when I was in High School I and my brothers may have starved. During H.S. our Dad was almost killed in a accident with a train hitting the 40 ft delivery van he was driving and never worked again because of his injuries. I got a job at 14.5 during Freshman year washing dishes 3 nights a week at our local Elks Lodge for the money as well as the fact that the members ate very well but didn't use any of the food leftover. So the President of the Lodge who had been my dads boss and got me the job made sure I was sent home with all the leftovers which was mostly full Prime Rib Roasts or Tenderloins and all the fixings. Food insecurity is a real issue in this Country and I am the man I am today because others saw a need and stepped up.   https://www.verywellfamily.com/causes-of-school-lunch-controversy-2601555

Lol, well done buddy 😆

Always thought nurse Ratched was kinda h0t. Like the girl next d00r's evil doppleganger.

Edited by Timmah!

2 hours ago, Timmah! said:

Always thought nurse Ratched was kinda h0t. Like the girl next d00r's evil doppleganger.

I bet she could fuck you up !!!  In a sexual way !!!  I need to revisit that movie.  Been 30 years since I have watched it.  Dont think the ole lady ever has.  I got her to watch "Paint Your Wagon" the other day.  She was like.  Is that Clint Eastwood singing !!!

Edited by MikeB