Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Stealth perk is useless

• Member ID:  1155
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1796
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/16/1976
  • Device:  Windows

I think Stealth is underpowered. I don't know anyone who uses it that plays much. I understand not wanting to defeat all clays and Bettys while running but how about giving it some EMP blindness immunity to at least make the perk better.

If you kept the slow moving stealth the same but gave it some EMP blindness immunity it wouldn't overpower the perk and also give some counter to the endless EMP spam that we run into each map. There is just no counter to EMP blindness. People like Midget, Pete, and Others use those seemingly defensive mines at offensive weapons throwing it into opposing territory. Then you just constantly trip over those mines blinding yourself the whole game. There are some maps where the only time the screen is clear is when you are froze because of all the spam.

I'm sorry but my old eyes have a fucking problem seeing anything with when that shit is all over the screen. Then I end up just sitting around for 20 seconds (or more) doing nothing while waiting for the effect to wear off - if I'm lucky and don't die first.  

So if you don't want to give the old Stealth perk back can it at least be considered to give it some EMP blindness immunity to make it even worth trying again. 

• Member ID:  26443
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5923
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50670
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

1 hour ago, Ruthless said:

I think Stealth ...  EMP blindness immunity to make it even worth trying again. 

Doesn't Hardwired perk do this, or at least attenuate its effect?  I don't notice it bothering me all too often when I'm running with p90, hardline, hardwired + combat medic.  

I run Hardwired a lot and it doesn't seem to attenuate anything like that. Same emp spam shit everywhere.

1 hour ago, Ruthless said:

I run Hardwired a lot and it doesn't seem to attenuate anything like that. Same emp spam shit everywhere.

Hmm.  I am pretty tired & high late nights when I do play; so it's entirely possible that seeing it differently.    I know some motherfuckers be throwing them bitches around like they're frisbees.  Many times I've been ganked in the forehead or chest by a metal disc sailing through a window.  Shit's funny, though.  But don't you think that'd make the perk somewhat op?  Considering what perks you're running with kit, that is.  Hidin' li'l bitches ain't gonna like that idea.  No sir.

• Member ID:  64
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1033
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  9619
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/09/1969

I agree. I will take it a few steps further. I think the emp blindness should be yanked myself. I like Ruthless find myself sitting. It is more annoying than anything. It is happening in large periods of the game. Poison bullets should be yanked as well as kill streak stealing. Just my 2 cents. They do little for the game. I think the kill streak stealing is really newbish.  Stronger players with kill streaks may be less likely to push a spawn to get those streaks taken. Which makes for a more passive game.

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I agree. I will take it a few steps further. I think the emp blindness should be yanked myself. I like Ruthless find myself sitting. It is more annoying than anything. It is happening in large periods of the game. Poison bullets should be yanked as well as kill streak stealing. Just my 2 cents. They do little for the game. I think the kill streak stealing is really newbish.  Stronger players with kill streaks may be less likely to push a spawn to get those streaks taken. Which makes for a more passive game.

Well I use poison sometimes and I think cars should be yanked, smaws are too powerful, those nasty rocket guns banned etc etc 🤣

ffs it's a game, just play it, every few weeks a moan about something 'because it does not suit 'them' ', an awful lot of us would like the bunny hoppers grounded but you're all too late, this was sorted out ages ago, and there's only been one minor change, so don't hold your breath I think.

Human nature thing here, most of those who said they would never play again at the last change have crept back, and a few that played for a while seem to have left (temporary?). However not only are many new players appearing (fcking hackers) the server is, with the exception of Europe, full again, job done well I'd say?

We used to have a flourishing European 'breakfast club' that for whatever reason has died a death during covid, hope it recovers.

Guest FunkyJosh>XI<

Hardwired prevents the EMP, that’s the point of different perks 😉 make your choices wisely to how you play. Run and gunners tend to be as quick as possible etc. 

• Member ID:  367
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  36
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1177
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  10097
  • Birthday:  07/20/1964

9 hours ago, RobMc said:

Well I use poison sometimes and I think cars should be yanked, smaws are too powerful, those nasty rocket guns banned etc etc 🤣

ffs it's a game, just play it, every few weeks a moan about something 'because it does not suit 'them' ', an awful lot of us would like the bunny hoppers grounded but you're all too late, this was sorted out ages ago, and there's only been one minor change, so don't hold your breath I think.

Human nature thing here, most of those who said they would never play again at the last change have crept back, and a few that played for a while seem to have left (temporary?). However not only are many new players appearing (fcking hackers) the server is, with the exception of Europe, full again, job done well I'd say?

We used to have a flourishing European 'breakfast club' that for whatever reason has died a death during covid, hope it recovers.

I am here every morning but i cannt play allone that mod so I switch to other servers and MW3

@FunkyJosh>XI< the problem is that Hardline does not prevent EMP blindness - where the screen goes fuzzy. That is the worst part and there is no counter. As Hoth mentioned it just makes you sit there and waste time.

I realize it is a slippery slope of wanting this and that and not liking this or that. I would ask this though - how many people use Stealth now? It is not that many because every other perk is so much stronger for some reason or another. There is actually a reason to use different perks now such as Heist and Hacker and reasons to change sometimes - which in the past wasn't the case. I like that part of the mod. But there is not much of a reason to use Stealth. 

If you gave it 'blindness' immunity it would not be overpowered and may give a reason to actually use the perk. 

Edited by Ruthless

• Member ID:  28601
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  1697

Ruthless complaining about EMP's when he spends half his time tubing and hopping around the map.  🤣  There's lots of stuff to 'fix' to make the game work better ... some things will make it work better for you and some things for others.  EMP's slow your silly hopping, so for me that's a good thing.

The EMP's don't bother me much.  When I get hit I have to adjust my play ... same as when airstrikes are called or mortars are raining down. 

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3344
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  45173
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  iPhone

Hey @Sammy how awesome is this perspective for a game developer?

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Nope not touching it. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

Already makes the player invisible to enemy equipment like sentries & even helicopters.   If I really want to safely get to the next spot on a planned path, I just get an rcxd or defroster car & use the 5 seconds respawn to cover the ground.  Can't go taking everything away from the hiders.

Alright fuck this thread. People just bitching about other shit as well - write your own damn thread.

Do we want to make comments anymore about the mod or how to improve it?
Seems like that is a BIG FUCKING NO -- ROGER.

I didn't whine - wasn't bitching - just bringing up an issue and giving a possible solution. That was all. It was not supposed to be a fucking bitch thread. I did not want that and if you read what I wrote I don't think it was. I was just trying to point on an imbalance. I thought I laid out the case that the perk is useless and is not used much by anyone and a possible fix that wouldn't unbalance everything.

But it obviously devolved to this fucking trash fire of a thread -- FUCK IT 

Edited by Ruthless
grammar

• Member ID:  64
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1033
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  9619
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/09/1969

For the people on here with tears in their eyes about people hopping, newsflash the hitbox of the target remains the same. Work on your aim. 

" newsflash the hitbox of the target remains the same."

Wrong.

3 hours ago, Ruthless said:

Alright fuck this thread. People just bitching about other shit as well - write your own damn thread.

I didn't whine - wasn't bitching - just bringing up an issue and giving a possible solution. That was all. It was not supposed to be a fucking bitch thread. I did not want that and if you read what I wrote I don't think it was. I was just trying to point on an imbalance. I thought I laid out the case that the perk is useless and is not used much by anyone and a possible fix that wouldn't unbalance everything.

It's more fun jumping onto your thread though ...

Do NOT take anything I say personally ... I will still call you hax and bitch and noob ... and you will still laugh at me from the top of the leaderboard.  All good?

You need to start smokin' weed or something before you stroke out.  

11 hours ago, Ruthless said:

You read these forums often ? 😁

Guest FunkyJosh>XI<
12 hours ago, Ruthless said:

Calm down man, it’s all fun and games here we are Xtremeidiots 🙃 don’t take anything personally especially from that @Yoshi fckr 😉

26 minutes ago, FunkyJosh&gt;XI&lt; said:

Calm down man, it’s all fun and games here we are Xtremeidiots 🙃 don’t take anything personally especially from that @Yoshi fckr 😉

Yea he's a sex maniac is @Yoshi, always posting about the birds and the bees, the boy needs counselling. Rob offers a very good discount to members on these subjects, get in touch Yoshi S&M a speciality.

• Member ID:  27091
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  954
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1979

People like Midget, Pete, and Others use those seemingly defensive mines at offensive weapons throwing it into opposing territory. 

I LOVE the EMP mine. I use it because I hate being blown up by cars and don’t want to waste my perk on hardwire. I do also like that it trips when suckas like you try sneaking up on the Midget! Every once in awhile I get lucky and smack someones big head with them and get an easy kill. Timmah especially has a big head and has fallen victim. 

Edited by M!dg3t

Awards

5 hours ago, M!dg3t said:

Timmah especially has a big head and has fallen victim. 

Funny, that; yer m0m said the same thing!  🤠💥🥳

Just recorded what it sounds like in @Ruthless head when he reads these posts.  https://youtu.be/G1v6chmZa6w

Edited by Timmah!

5 hours ago, M!dg3t said:

...blah, blah...

Also, is that really your face in that avatar?