Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Looking for future inner Clan based Scrims and Tournament input

• Member ID:  2208
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  301
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3601
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  37500
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  06/09/1963
  • Device:  Windows

Well the knife tourny did not go well for cod2,,are we not reaching enough ppl??? are cod2 ppl not reading the forums??

Thinking maybe the saturday morning that you guys normally play would be a good time to do something else for a change. A one time thing.

Thoughts??

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6416
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Achievement Points:  54322
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965

@BlackRose I will make a in server request for all cod2 players to follow this thread both member and non member...Thank you for the work you put in and we will get it working for sure

It does not look like there is any interest in anything except the once yearly fallen member get together and thats ok.

SO i will leave that up to you as always. 🥰

• Member ID:  390
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  4251
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Achievement Points:  35625
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

Maybe game is so old nobody plays as far as the people with 10 years plus. But a lot of new members or way after that time? Heck I tried to get the United Offensive long time ago one of the first COD you can drive jeeps tanks! No go had interest even trying a server. LUCKEY COD4 LASTED THIS LONG.

HEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAW!

• Member ID:  20107
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2015
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  16685
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994

You're expecting a bunch of old men doing things that they're not used to or really care for. The game is over 15 years old now.

We've tried events before, and the only one that ever goes well is the Fallen Member event. It needs proper planning and also discussion within the game with the players and what they'd like going on. It's their server as much as it is ours. If there's no interest then no point in doing it.

A lot of the players in CoD2 don't read the forums and due to their age not even know how to use it. We have to remind some of them to log in every now and then! The only visitors to the forums on a daily basis would be us admins.

If I am doing any changes to the server such as the rotation I let the guys know at least a month in advance and do weekly reminders on the weekends. With regards to Saturdays that's the TDM lot and we're very much stuck in our ways of just doing TDM and some CTF. You're better off sorting it out for a weeknight as the DM team will be down for that. It helps to know the audience :lol:

2 hours ago, PainKiller said:

You're expecting a bunch of old men doing things that they're not used to or really care for. The game is over 15 years old now.

We've tried events before, and the only one that ever goes well is the Fallen Member event. It needs proper planning and also discussion within the game with the players and what they'd like going on. It's their server as much as it is ours. If there's no interest then no point in doing it.

A lot of the players in CoD2 don't read the forums and due to their age not even know how to use it. We have to remind some of them to log in every now and then! The only visitors to the forums on a daily basis would be us admins.

If I am doing any changes to the server such as the rotation I let the guys know at least a month in advance and do weekly reminders on the weekends. With regards to Saturdays that's the TDM lot and we're very much stuck in our ways of just doing TDM and some CTF. You're better off sorting it out for a weeknight as the DM team will be down for that. It helps to know the audience :lol:

THATS BASICALLY WHAT I SAID ABOVE..LOLOL

• Member ID:  23
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1828
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16039
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

Hey now both of you young whipper snappers slow your roll, many of us old fuckers read the forums and respond to those that we feel the need to. I tried several months ago to see if there was any interest in a tourny or a scrim to help @BlackRose after a talk with @loaderXI and we got no real interest. We have about 40 regular players on the 2 servers with little over lap. Some like the DM in the Evenings and others just play on the TDM weekends in the morning early afternoon. Like @PainKiller said the group mostly plays just COD2 with a few exceptions and for something like this to work you would need players who used to play it wanting to download the game again and all the files for a tourney and a lot of them since many say they will play and don't show up. I say that from 15 years of tourney experience in setting them up, posting brackets, posting updates in real time, trying to put them on and not enough desire or interest. The COD2 group is just not big enough alone to support this sort of effort so I hope you don't let the lack of response discourage you BlackRose, you do great work and it is a tough job so I say THANK YOU VERY MUCH. @PainKiller stop talking shit about your elders, remember I was one of the first people to support you becoming the first Junior member of this Clan when many said "No Fucking Way he is a Kid and this is a Adult Server". I told them you were a bright young man who could handle us as we are and if your parents said it was cool who should we be to say no since you were playing all the time anyway and your Dad was a member at the time. Don't make me regret saying nice shit about you mate lol.

1 hour ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

Hey now both of you young whipper snappers slow your roll, many of us old fuckers read the forums and respond to those that we feel the need to. I tried several months ago to see if there was any interest in a tourny or a scrim to help @BlackRose after a talk with @loaderXI and we got no real interest. We have about 40 regular players on the 2 servers with little over lap. Some like the DM in the Evenings and others just play on the TDM weekends in the morning early afternoon. Like @PainKiller said the group mostly plays just COD2 with a few exceptions and for something like this to work you would need players who used to play it wanting to download the game again and all the files for a tourney and a lot of them since many say they will play and don't show up. I say that from 15 years of tourney experience in setting them up, posting brackets, posting updates in real time, trying to put them on and not enough desire or interest. The COD2 group is just not big enough alone to support this sort of effort so I hope you don't let the lack of response discourage you BlackRose, you do great work and it is a tough job so I say THANK YOU VERY MUCH. @PainKiller stop talking shit about your elders, remember I was one of the first people to support you becoming the first Junior member of this Clan when many said "No Fucking Way he is a Kid and this is a Adult Server". I told them you were a bright young man who could handle us as we are and if your parents said it was cool who should we be to say no since you were playing all the time anyway and your Dad was a member at the time. Don't make me regret saying nice shit about you mate lol.

I may be older but I still suck at the game :lol: I meant nothing disrepsectfully, we (myself, laz, window and some others) always talk shit about each other in the server, it's what we've always done.

Anyway,
As pman said, don't let the lack of response get you down, it's difficult to organise something on an older game with a crowd that is very much set in their ways as it were. We'll sort something out eventually. Just keep chatting with Loader and if he needs me to do anything he'll grab me on facebook or PM me here. A lot of the crowd want CTF which we've done a few times before so maybe every couple of months we mix things up a bit.

• Member ID:  26443
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5924
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50677
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

Intra-*

hey now im an old one,,not a young one!!!Hahahahaahahha

Yes I just thought that the staurday morning crew may like a change of pace for 1 day. No big deal,,we get in a rut and play only what we like and dont like change!! If anyone wants to do something just let me know ,,other wise its really no big deal.

1 hour ago, BlackRose said:

hey now im an old one,,not a young one!!!Hahahahaahahha

Yes I just thought that the staurday morning crew may like a change of pace for 1 day. No big deal,,we get in a rut and play only what we like and dont like change!! If anyone wants to do something just let me know ,,other wise its really no big deal.

Keep in contact with us admins and we can do something soon for sure. I wanted to try something new every few months. Just a weekend event before I change the rotation, how about we do something for that?