Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

COD4 MW2 Freezetag players, big change is coming to the servers

• Member ID:  23520
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  737
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7105
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Device:  Windows

Pretty big change but this is how changes should be approached I think, few in number to get a general feel and then reverse course quickly if appropriate. 

For the love of god though, could the issue of turning into a killstreak finally be solved? Literally everyone I say this to has agreed (although maybe there are those who disagree?) that it is very frustrating when you try and turn into an rcxd and it takes away your gun, someone appears out of nowhere and you are left defenceless. Sometimes the screen even goes black and you still get killed. 

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

40 minutes ago, Ruggerxi said:

You might like it. 

They don't like anything 🤣 you know that lol

1 hour ago, ShadyBrady said:

Whoa whoa whoa... I know I'm still kind of new, but is this how you do things around here?! You posted this topic...21 hours ago??? Is that all the time you give for everyone to see your post and respond to it? I'm just seeing this now. This is a big change and I'd think you'd give at LEAST a few days for people to see the post and respond to it. 

Before I start my rant, let me preface with a few notes:

1. I am fully aware that the change you implemented ONLY affects spawn protection from killstreaks, NOT direct out of spawn at the beginning of the round or after being defrosted.

2. I use Combat Medic and am 99% sure* they do NOT get extra time added to killstreak spawn protection, ONLY direct out of spawn. For killstreaks, it is 5-6 seconds for everyone, no matter what perks you use (*please correct me if I'm wrong here).

Okay, on to the rant...

This is in response to Sikon's thread about nobody playing late at night ("Hello, Hi, How you doin'?!"). RobMC chimes in, saying many have left because the server has been overrun with hackers. He believes they can add extra time to spawn protection to help them get kills? (never heard that one before). Then Jester mentions how spawn protection after using the RC Car is part of the problem (WHAT???).

TL;DR:
Sikon: Hi! I can only play late at night, but nobody is on anymore.
RobMC: There are too many hackers now. On top of seeing through walls, they can add time to spawn protection. :(
Jester: Yeah spawn protection from RC car is the problem. We should get rid of it.
Rugger: Cool. Will do.

So to fix the hacking problem, you want to reduce spawn protection from killstreaks?! :unsure::blink:

Stating the obvious here: this is a team game with an emphasis on defrosting your teammates and good communication. The team that defrosts and communicates better tends to win.

This is why I use Combat Medic 99% of the time and spend most of the game looking for frozen teammates on my minimap to defrost (and yelling at everyone to "GET THE HELL OUT OF SPAWN!" lol). On top of using the RC Car and UAV Defroster to help with that, I will use spawn protection to run to a spot that allows me to defrost anyone deep in enemy territory. This is literally the reason there is a Combat Medic perk - to have that extra time to get further from spawn/into enemy territory to defrost teammates.

Another benefit of having that extra spawn protection from killstreaks is being able to infiltrate enemy spawn to take out the campers. I feel like many of the people complaining about getting shot in the back are the ones camping spawn surrounded by bettys or clays, waiting for people to appear in their scope. IMO, the two go hand in hand. 

^THIS :good:

I'd ask everyone: if you're sitting there frozen and there's only one player still alive, who would you rather it be? The guy sitting in spawn, not moving, surrounded by enemies, waiting to get one last kill to pad his stats? Or the guy running his ass out of spawn, stealthily trying to defrost teammates to give you a second chance at winning the round?

If you think making this change is going to somehow impact or lessen the  hacking problem and bring people BACK to the server, I am sorry, but I beg to differ. It's only going to make it more frustrating to the players who are trying to help their team by getting to a safe place undetected to defrost teammates and take out campers.

I vote to keep it as is. Oh wait...the voting is now closed. :unsure:

Yawn, log in more often, it keeps you up to date, meanwhile we've moved on, nice rant by the way

• Member ID:  607
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3332
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33539
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966

20 hours ago, Ruggerxi said:

This is only for kill streaks, not on death respawns 

Whats a kill streak ??? 😂😂😂

• Member ID:  24842
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1410
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  14709
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  09/12/1989

As long as i don't have to move ingame due to some update, I'm down with changes. Give those newbies some training-/sidewheels to try and get into a positive k/d score. We'll still run 'em over! 

:cheers:

• Member ID:  23520
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  737
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7105

I take it back, I didn't really notice much difference.

• Member ID:  26443
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5923
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50670
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

It does sound like it's catering to lazy people who want their style of play accommodated.   It's Cod4, the maps are, by definition, small; that's intentional to facilitate fast-paced game play.  People who want to hide the back of their spawn & don't want to be bothered to pull their eye out of their scope to see what's going on around them should have to deal with it.  It's not a sniper server.  If they want to play a certain way, great.  Should I also get a bespoke accommodation to bail me out the numerous times I'm frozen in enemy spawn, having been caught hunting for my killstreak rewards & them subsequently stolen? Or perhaps the number of &/or lethality of their clays & nades should be nerfed?   If I'm a heavy gunner that isn't Bromo, should I get more rounds to keep the enemy at bay in the middlin' portions of the map?  I mean, I already have to run across the entire map to play with them in the back of their spawn, even as they're also hiding behind clays, betties, emp mines, etc.  That's not enough?  To be clear, I'm not mad about it.  I'll still get back there, just not as often.  And the usual suspects will still flood their spawn with tears!  The real detriment to a fast-paced game such as this is when you have 4+ spawn campers & the game, as it does, rapidly reaches critical & they are either oblivious to or also apathetic to moving their arse to defrost in the few remaining seconds they are afforded.  But it's a team game, & that's part of it.  But if it's going to be made a campers' choice mod, you might as well make it a Battlefield server.

Edited by Timmah!

• Member ID:  28513
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  490
  • Days Won:  0

Ehh, you’re not gonna see as many longer rounds or crazy comebacks, yeah I use the extra 6 seconds to get into position, but if I use my 9 to get out of spawn, go prone, call an rcxd, then use the additional 6 to move somewhere, unless the map is tiny it’s still generally central. Changing it is gonna turn it into a frontlines game mode where people just stay as far up as they can before their protection runs out 

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11822
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106278
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976
  • Device:  iPhone

Try it out and let me know after you play it, then tell me how bad it is

• Member ID:  27340
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Achievement Points:  5463
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/11/1980

1 hour ago, Ruggerxi said:

Try it out and let me know after you play it, then tell me how bad it is

I played a few maps today.

Not really a big deal. Just have to watch where you use your kill streaks now. Mainly on the real open maps. Like I turned into a defrost car in a open area, respawned.. then had to rush to cover. So really, just chose wisely where you use your kills streaks. 

The only time I can see this as being undesirable,  if your down to a few players and you just respawned and turned into a car right away.. if the enemy team is in your spawn, they will probably get you. So you'll have to hope you defrosted a few. 

All in all.. I don't feel it changed much.. assuming your not using the extra spawn time for a tactical advantage. 

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

Game play is WAY better as far as people coming out of spawn protection from Kill Streaks. Truthfully you could completely remove spawn protection from Kill Streaks. It would make it a little challenging (just don't turn into an RC car in the middle of the enemy spawn lol) but I feel that it would make the game a bit more fun? 

Player Re-Spawn Spawn protection could have a few seconds removed. People can still running 3/4 of the way across the smaller and medium sized maps before they are visible and that is without Lightweight perk which increases speed and doubles the amount of time you can sprint without slowing down.

Can you PLEASE fix the damn grenades?  Especially the Sticky nades. If you are able to catch one it explodes rite in your face when you try to throw it back and the person that threw it still gets credit for the kill.  

Edited by J3st3r

• Member ID:  2567
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2904
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  17117
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  12/11/1986

OK, so changes are for spawn campers and who? This is what I read? Half of teams are already on spawn waiting with countless betties/clays/emp mine/heist, and people who's moving n killin have their little advantage reduced? I don't undertsand the point, really. As timmah said, it's most of the time a moving game, not a static game, go play BF. 

I'm using extra secs for defrosing most of the time and moving on all the map, what's the pb with that.

How many time people with combat medic get stuck on the ennemy spawn cause most of the game the rest of the team is not moving from his own spawn? Happening to me, shady,  timmah and others many times, and the only way to get defrozed is by another guy with combat medic or a car, funny fact.
Combat medic was already reduced on that mod at the start, SAD but true, dunno why btw. But remember, it's only the first seconds of your respawn, you can stay alive several minutes you don't have a perk after that. Many perks are for all the round, that's a big advantage for many perks. 
I don't understand the focus on that particular perk. If it was that easy to use, everyone would use it, but many prefer to stay in a spawn corner with powerful defenses. 
Really sad but if it's the majority... O_o

I'll play this week-end, I'll see the changes.

On 6/1/2021 at 10:06 PM, Majbasil said:

Go for it Rugger,  let's give it a go!   2 secs invisibility... and only 3 seconds for the medics... sounds like a plan.  :good:

Yeah, I'm sure you like the changes! ^^

Edited by Exe

6 hours ago, Sikon said:

Not really a big deal. Just have to watch where you use your kill streaks now. Mainly on the real open maps. Like I turned into a defrost car in a open area, respawned.. then had to rush to cover. So really, just chose wisely where you use your kills streaks. 

You can't choose wisely anymore, because heist is everywhere. You can't keep your killstreaks longer, that the main pb. 

I don't have a pb with the new changes if heist is removed in fact.

Guest FunkyJosh>XI<
1 hour ago, Exe said:

You can't choose wisely anymore, because heist is everywhere. You can't keep your killstreaks longer, that the main pb. 

Heist perk is bs tbf, players who don’t earn it just run round robbing it, You get your kill streak then it just gets nicked by that @YACCsterfckr….. 😉

1 hour ago, Exe said:

@FunkyJosh>XI<

@Exe

Just use the anti heist perk

5 minutes ago, Ruggerxi said:

@FunkyJosh>XI<

@Exe

Just use the anti heist perk

Sorry Rugger, but why create a perk if you have to create another perk to counter it? That's totally insane.

So no way I'm using it. If I use it, I will guarantee the futur of the heist perk, and I DON'T WANT IT ! my way of thinking 🙂

5 minutes ago, Exe said:

Sorry Rugger, but why create a perk if you have to create another perk to counter it? That's totally insane.

So no way I'm using it. If I use it, I will guarantee the futur of the heist perk, and I DON'T WANT IT ! my way of thinking 🙂

You choose how you wanna play the game perk wise, you have 3 choices, so choose wisely. 

• Member ID:  20683
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3344
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  45173
  • Device:  Macintosh

29 minutes ago, FunkyJosh&gt;XI&lt; said:

Heist perk is bs tbf, players who don’t earn it just run round robbing it, You get your kill streak then it just gets nicked by that @YACCsterfckr….. 😉

Only if I'm lucky.

10 minutes ago, Exe said:

Nice! Keep up the good work!

4 minutes ago, Ruggerxi said:

You choose how you wanna play the game perk wise, you have 3 choices, so choose wisely. 

This is obviously the BEST PERK EVER!  

As @Sammy has said it's all about maintaining interest.

• Member ID:  2593
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  490
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  5107
  • Birthday:  11/20/1978

I'm fine with the new setting - less time in spawn protection, more time for shootin'....  Probably luck on my side, but caught fire last night and led total kills 3 out of 4 maps and discovered a hidden bonus perk called "Whine" when you do that... 😁

• Member ID:  3543
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  9072
  • Birthday:  07/09/1981

!fu Exe.

but i agree with exe.

• Member ID:  27243
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  1377
  • Birthday:  08/22/1962

I for one would like to see the heist perk removed...after getting robbed of my streaks I started using it...but really hate it! 

Edited by AlphaDog

Awards

1 hour ago, AlphaDog said:

I for one would like to see the heist perk removed...after getting robbed of my streaks I started using it...but really hate it! 

And I'm sure you will agree that folks don't jump to spec or leave the game when it's getting stolen.

• Member ID:  27243
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  1377
  • Birthday:  08/22/1962

1 hour ago, YACCster said:

And I'm sure you will agree that folks don't jump to spec or leave the game when it's getting stolen.

I have seen them many times to save the perk from being stolen. It's a stupid perk that should be removed...imo

Awards

4 minutes ago, AlphaDog said:

I have seen them many times to save the perk from being stolen. It's a stupid perk that should be removed...imo

ok then.

• Member ID:  6247
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  22
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5422

2 cents.  

Obviously for me, I do not tend to take advantage of the game imperfections like the super duper hop/or hopping like a bunny everywhere all the time, or the medic invisible run and kill other team from the back sorts of things (or managing to get on impossible roofs/ledges, hiding in water or things that are solid looking but oops can hide in there...  I just play the game, whatever set up it is.  I rather do like this particular server for the adorable cars, all the killstreaks of this and that and like that you can pick your own goodies.  :animier:Plus alot of you guys are plain funny.

At this point, for anyone who is horrible enough of a human being to cheat, to use cheats, well you SUCK and I feel pity for you and your life.  What sort of a messed up person needs to do that?  SEEK PROFESSIONAL ATTENTION, YOU ARE ILL IN THE HEAD.  Just sayin.  :thumbdown:

Back to this issue of trying to make some changes about this and that to the server, it is the job of the clan owners and admins to decide these things. :construction:  Making things fun imho are super cool and thanks!  About all those whiners about the heist perk, I like the heist perk.  Those of you who hoard your goodies will have that possibility that your stuff will be stolen from you if you die, - USE IT OR LOSE IT MAYBE.  UNLESS you give up a perk to prevent that.  Easy Peasy.   :hrhr:   Wine wine wine... :wine:

Most of everyone that plays on this server are fun loving, love the game, are having a fine time.   And isn't that wonderful?  😍  :cheers:  :gathering:    Big hug 

NOW GET BACK IN THE MAP SOLDIER!  :2guns:

• Member ID:  25355
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

I'm married to a woman like MajBasil, gentle, caring, not a bad bone in her body, trusts everyone and never swears or says anything bad

DRIVES ME FUCKING NUTS