Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

COD4 MW2 Freezetag players, big change is coming to the servers

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

The smr is supposed to be the g36. Which it was until these supposedly self-proclaimed good players wanted their cheat gun. So any complaints, take it up with them not that it will do any good. The hk is the m4. Make the smr the m4 and the hk the g36, whatever floats your boat.

Seems some still won't get it into their brains. This is not a community project. Most here did nothing but play it. Which is fine. It was never something I demanded or expected of anyone. Developers still have the final say. Whether it's free or you paid $100.

Your stupid comment about me not playing? Leaving aside not wanting to be around the toxic people around. It was because I was using my limited time modding, testing, bug hunting, and maintaining. For you. The arrogance and self-entitlement around is staggering. I have been told that I was the only major cod4 modder still left. Everyone else got sick of the selfishness among players and clans and left. 

In any case, there are a lot of posts here that need to be copied and sent to all the former modders around so they can have a good laugh. 

• Member ID:  1155
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1796
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/16/1976

45 minutes ago, Sammy said:

The smr is supposed to be the g36. Which it was until these supposedly self-proclaimed good players wanted their cheat gun. So any complaints, take it up with them not that it will do any good. The hk is the m4. Make the smr the m4 and the hk the g36, whatever floats your boat.

Seems some still won't get it into their brains. This is not a community project. Most here did nothing but play it. Which is fine. It was never something I demanded or expected of anyone. Developers still have the final say. Whether it's free or you paid $100.

Your stupid comment about me not playing? Leaving aside not wanting to be around the toxic people around. It was because I was using my limited time modding, testing, bug hunting, and maintaining. For you. The arrogance and self-entitlement around is staggering. I have been told that I was the only major cod4 modder still left. Everyone else got sick of the selfishness among players and clans and left. 

In any case, there are a lot of posts here that need to be copied and sent to all the former modders around so they can have a good laugh. 

You are a true software engineer... BTW, If no one told you before - thank you for the work you put into this mod. You're right, everyone here probably has no idea of who you are. I don't. I only vaguely remember you from years ago when I was playing and you first created the MW2 mod. It was cool as shit and has given life to this old ass game over the years. 

As much as we hate to admit it, the game will die out eventually (like my beloved UT2k4). There will probably be a few that will always play but many of us have come and gone over the years of playing. I even took a 5 year break playing this game before. Remember the days everyone just ran around with the SteyrAUG (or whatever it was called)? Some of us got so dominating it lost some of the fun after awhile. But then it changed... and I believe updating and changing the mod over time will keep it alive. 

I believe keeping this a sort of 'community project' will keep people playing longer. Every change over the years has been loved and hated. Surely you experience this in your regular work too. Cannot please everyone. Don't let the people hating get you down. There is always a boss that had the final say no matter what everyone else wanted. 

If you would have kept the mod to yourself and not allowed anyone else in back in the day in I doubt it would have lasted this long with the kind of popularity it has had. 

• Member ID:  22372
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  634
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  6173
  • Birthday:  06/12/1976

On 6/4/2021 at 3:46 AM, Ruggerxi said:

I still have yet to get one video of a hacker sent to me, but if you go on the server you know what you hear. That’s what ruins a lot of the game for everyone. 

and you will never get one.  

• Member ID:  23520
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7156
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, Sammy said:

No one denies that you put a ton of effort into the mods over the years. You talk of arrogance in one sentence and then insult others saying "supposedly self-proclaimed good players wanted their cheat gun". Pot kettle black?

We had an extensive back and forth over this a year ago. Your unwillingness to even try to compromise over the guns and insistence that anyone who wants very accurate guns somehow wants "cheat guns" is incredible. 

You talk of "toxic people around" but to be honest whenever this subject is brought up you refuse to see others perspective and instead cast aspersions. You try to make it out as if this tiny minority held the server hostage but in reality enough people spoke up and you were asked to reverse the change on the smr and you went off in the huff. Quit trying to make it out as if you are some kind of victim in this.

• Member ID:  367
  • Followers:  36
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1177
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  10097
  • Birthday:  07/20/1964

Make bunny hopping uninteresting or impossible. It can't be, that this kindergarten style gives you even one single advantage.

Scheiss Bunnyhopper.

I do not care about the rest. You can do as you want.
In the last 10 years i had to relearn the game many times cause of some changes.

Pot calling kettle black? Nope. Never pretended to be a really good cod player. Because Im not. Just average. If when testing a weapon out I am really good at it and cant miss, then there is a good chance that there is something wrong with the balances that need to be investigated. A number here or a number there is all it takes.

Primary weapons are.... or at least were... to be direct replacements of stock cod4 weapons. New models, animations, sounds. But otherwise the same as whatever it replaced to maintain the original cod4 balances. That is the fairest way to handle it all. Give the weapons the abilities they were intended to have and that everybody knows as much as possible. Seems some dont want that. As in life, some things you compromise on and other things you dont. Or in other cases here, give a range of options (such as spawn protection or defrost time, or explosive power/radius) and the server owner has final say.

But to say it again I suppose. My big mistake was making 1.46 and 1.47 clan exclusives (1.45 was the last public version), which I would continue to bughunt/customize/improve/upgrade with the understanding that various things were ultimately up to me as the developer. Wish I had known that some people thought otherwise and understood the opposite. Instead I should have followed standard practice of putting up the server packages openly for all players and all gaming clans to use if they so wished. They can make whatever changes they wanted on their own while staying with the standard requirements of not removing identifying information, mod name, decompiling, or passing off the work as their own.

So currently, think of it as a public mod available to everybody that wants it and unsupported. Make whatever changes you see fit so long as the standard requirements above are met.

• Member ID:  28601
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  1697

On 6/5/2021 at 1:31 PM, Trailrtrash said:

Make bunny hopping uninteresting or impossible. It can't be, that this kindergarten style gives you even one single advantage.

Amen!  The longer I play, the more I have to bunny hop to keep up with the 'good' players ... and I hate myself for it.  It just makes the game about who can hop and fire the best rather than the accuracy skilz and strategy that should be inherent in freezetag style of game.  

My feeling is that the hop takes advantage of some lag time as from my perspective (on my screen) I literally see players hop out of my bullets that should have already registered as hits.  I did some private testing with my son a while back and found the running hop worked but standing hop did not.  I guess I should have recorded that.  The point is that the hop takes place after the bullets have already left the gun and there is no way that the hop should be faster than the bullet.  

Again.  I don't know @Sammy but I can certainly say that I appreciate all he did to make this mod and to improve it.  Thank you.

• Member ID:  2056
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1074
  • Achievement Points:  9342
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/17/1960

On 6/2/2021 at 6:56 PM, Sharpe said:

Pretty big change but this is how changes should be approached I think, few in number to get a general feel and then reverse course quickly if appropriate. 

For the love of god though, could the issue of turning into a killstreak finally be solved? Literally everyone I say this to has agreed (although maybe there are those who disagree?) that it is very frustrating when you try and turn into an rcxd and it takes away your gun, someone appears out of nowhere and you are left defenceless. Sometimes the screen even goes black and you still get killed. 

Yeah, it's an issue @Ruggerxi. The other day I changed my weapon because out of ammo and selected the second one. Then I used my rcxd. When respawning after the end of the rcxd, I was in the middle of three enemies (with 2 seconds of invisibility) and my weapon went automatically back to the first one with no ammo. What do you think happened? Yeah, I was killed right away without being able to defend myself! Can't we change that? I.e. the automatic change of weapon after using a RCXD?

On 6/2/2021 at 8:17 PM, Sourtap said:

As long as i don't have to move ingame due to some update, I'm down with changes. Give those newbies some training-/sidewheels to try and get into a positive k/d score. We'll still run 'em over! 

:cheers:

Easy!

There are no actual bullets. It's an instant physics trace, commonly used for direct fire weapons in all game engines. As for the run-hop, well, that is why the original OW framework has the weapon lower option that many servers used. Not going to argue the point. I'm done with that. Just that many other servers/clans saw this as a problem as well and used the option.

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11845
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106362
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

Couple little changes coming up for now, they will take effect on the next server restart 

EMP distance is a little smaller

EMP effect time is now 10 secs instead of 20

Reduced the jump height a fraction to help with the constant bunny hopping

Some other minor changes will be coming soon, just needed to get these down before I forgot what I changed already

On 6/3/2021 at 2:01 PM, FunkyJosh>XI< said:

Heist perk is bs tbf, players who don’t earn it just run round robbing it, You get your kill streak then it just gets nicked by that @YACCsterfckr….. 😉

Heist perk shouldn't exist. It's a mere punishment for players trying to go forward towards the enemy's spawn instead of waiting/camping surrounded by clays, betties and emp's.

Nowadays, when I get a killstreak, I use it right away (I think it's what it is intended with the heist perk?), not because it means something tactically but only not to give the pleasure to thieves to steal it! 8PToo bad!:unknw:

On 6/3/2021 at 6:27 PM, Majbasil said:

2 cents.  

Obviously for me, I do not tend to take advantage of the game imperfections like the super duper hop/or hopping like a bunny everywhere all the time, or the medic invisible run and kill other team from the back sorts of things (or managing to get on impossible roofs/ledges, hiding in water or things that are solid looking but oops can hide in there...  I just play the game, whatever set up it is.  I rather do like this particular server for the adorable cars, all the killstreaks of this and that and like that you can pick your own goodies.  :animier:Plus alot of you guys are plain funny.

At this point, for anyone who is horrible enough of a human being to cheat, to use cheats, well you SUCK and I feel pity for you and your life.  What sort of a messed up person needs to do that?  SEEK PROFESSIONAL ATTENTION, YOU ARE ILL IN THE HEAD.  Just sayin.  :thumbdown:

Back to this issue of trying to make some changes about this and that to the server, it is the job of the clan owners and admins to decide these things. :construction:  Making things fun imho are super cool and thanks!  About all those whiners about the heist perk, I like the heist perk.  Those of you who hoard your goodies will have that possibility that your stuff will be stolen from you if you die, - USE IT OR LOSE IT MAYBE.  UNLESS you give up a perk to prevent that.  Easy Peasy.   :hrhr:   Wine wine wine... :wine:

Most of everyone that plays on this server are fun loving, love the game, are having a fine time.   And isn't that wonderful?  😍  :cheers:  :gathering:    Big hug 

NOW GET BACK IN THE MAP SOLDIER!  :2guns:

I like your post very much General but I can't agree with you about the heist perk. Such a pain in the ass, that perk :wallbash::lol: Big hug too anyway! 

On 6/1/2021 at 7:35 PM, Ruggerxi said:

COD4 MW2 Freezetag players, big change is coming to the servers, this will mainly affect the very good players that constantly get killstreaks. Right now players are invisible from spawn protection when they leave their killstreak for 6 seconds, if you have combat medic you have 9 secs. So the really good players are invisible and in spawn protection a good amount of the time while us not so good players are sitting ducks for you to easily sneak up on and knife or kill us. 

I was thinking of changing it to, 2 secs of spawn protection which will give 3 secs to people with combat medic. This is only after leaving your killstreak

In the end, I think that @Ruggerxi made this change to have more traffic on the website. And he succeeded! :thumbsup:

• Member ID:  607
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Content Count:  3337
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33616
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966

I know what we need ............ Get rid of the kill streaks altogether......... Instead have Defrost streaks that way everyone plays the game the way it was meant to be and the ones who work the hardest gets the perks 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I absolutely hate the jump height reduction. The character feels fat as fuck now. Maybe its my imagination but it felt like it has already been implemented today. I didn't download any new files but when I started a map today it sure seemed like the changes were in place. I know everyone bitches about bunny hopping but there is a reason servers that can bunny hop are more populated than the stupid ones that take away the gun when you jump. 

If people are so fucking hurt about getting shot while jumping, then just go ahead and take away the gun when you jump and give us even more of jump. At least it is a compromise. Feels sluggish and slower. Muscle memory is a hell of thing when you've played a game this long. You get a feel for how a character moves and jumps. I can't wait until seeing all the tough jumps on roofs and such are impossible now because of this change. Limiting the vertical even more than it already is in this game. 

I'll play it some more to test the changes more but it sucked so far. ,,|,, 

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11845
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106362
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

52 minutes ago, Ruthless said:

I absolutely hate the jump height reduction. The character feels fat as fuck now. Maybe its my imagination but it felt like it has already been implemented today. I didn't download any new files but when I started a map today it sure seemed like the changes were in place. I know everyone bitches about bunny hopping but there is a reason servers that can bunny hop are more populated than the stupid ones that take away the gun when you jump. 

If people are so fucking hurt about getting shot while jumping, then just go ahead and take away the gun when you jump and give us even more of jump. At least it is a compromise. Feels sluggish and slower. Muscle memory is a hell of thing when you've played a game this long. You get a feel for how a character moves and jumps. I can't wait until seeing all the tough jumps on roofs and such are impossible now because of this change. Limiting the vertical even more than it already is in this game. 

I'll play it some more to test the changes more but it sucked so far. ,,|,, 

I was just in there and the jump height is the same no changes have been made yet, I asked the 25 people and no one it was changed

I'm retarded and bad - thank you for confirming. 🙂 

57 minutes ago, Ruthless said:

I'm retarded and bad - thank you for confirming. 🙂 

Confirmed. 😜  I played for about 2 hours tonight ... hopping felt normal to me.  In fact as I practiced my hop/shooting skilz (yes, I still hate myself for doing this BS) I managed a game high score and kills.  Of course, none of the 'good' players were on at the time.  And it is not about strategy ... just hopping as much as one can which really sucks ... 

6 hours ago, baldie said:

I know what we need ............ Get rid of the kill streaks altogether......... Instead have Defrost streaks that way everyone plays the game the way it was meant to be and the ones who work the hardest gets the perks 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ah the good ol UT2K4 ftag days. Just you and your gun. No streaks. No perks.

Maybe there are people here that would be much more at home with this.  Im sure the UT mods are around in archives somewhere. Basic. No muss. No fuss. You face each other as God intended. Sportsman-like.

• Member ID:  11018
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  291
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2427
  • Days Won:  0

39 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Maybe there are people here that would be much more at home with this.  Im sure the UT mods are around in archives somewhere. Basic. No muss. No fuss. You face each other as God intended. Sportsman-like.

Loco has this map is on the XI-UT2K4 server..  This map reminds me of the Call of Duty 4 map..  Come play with us on the XI-UT2K4 Server... 

Edited by Snow White
wrong post

It reminds me of Halo multiplayers. Hein @FRENCHI :thumbsup: 

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3345
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  45203
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  Macintosh

21 hours ago, VHS2 said:

Heist perk shouldn't exist. It's a mere punishment for players trying to go forward towards the enemy's spawn instead of waiting/camping surrounded by clays, betties and emp's.

Nowadays, when I get a killstreak, I use it right away (I think it's what it is intended with the heist perk?), not because it means something tactically but only not to give the pleasure to thieves to steal it! 8PToo bad!:unknw:

Just use Hacker to counter it, and problem solved.

As I said in the other post there are many positives in that it evens things out for those exceptional players that stack up  and horde their Kill streaks vs the normal players.

Back to the original discussion.

The current setting does not give you 3 seconds to move in protection. It might be 3 seconds from when your car blows up ... but there is that in between period where your screen blanks and then you pop back into your character.  Actual time to move is about 1.5 seconds.  My vote would be to bump it up till we have 3 actual seconds to move.