Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

COD4 MW2 Freezetag players, vote on what mod you want to run on the main server

What MW2 Mod to use on the main server  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What MW2 Mod to use on the main server

• New
    • Old

• Member ID:  433
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2305
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  23813
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  35
  • Birthday:  05/28/1957
  • Device:  Macintosh

On 6/20/2021 at 1:52 PM, RobMc said:

Hold on buddy, just trying the old Biden trick, registering soon 25 buddies interested in the site (and voting lol)

@RobMc I reacted to your post just because at our age, I actually find myself looking forward to my yearly prostate exam lol!

🖕Also just to let you know we appreciate your witty (snowflake) humor!

Edited by WeednFeed

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

Lets see. The results of this poll almost mirror those of the last election. %57 to %43 among electoral votes. So, in effect all of you in the %57, which isnt a popular vote only electors in the clan, are Biden. Sleep tight.

Edit: Oh and just for disclosure in case anyone is curious, no I didnt vote in this poll. Too much obvious bias.

Edited by Sammy

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

2 hours ago, WeednFeed said:

@RobMc I reacted to your post just because at our age, I actually find myself looking forward to my yearly prostate exam lol!

🖕Also just to let you know we appreciate your witty (snowflake) humor!

Yea buddy, sad when the only sexual encounter all year is a rubber glove on the doctor 😂

Just a little post for those that complain that I added too much "shit" to the mod.  Thought about this but decided against it. For fairness it would require a friendly UAV to transmit package locations that it couldnt see.

Now in actual fact, this was just something I hacked together for fun to see if the scripts for the SAM could actually do it. As you can see it worked quite well but not without a couple minor problems. Nothing insurmountable however. With some more work it would be able to fire at sentries, snipers on top of buildings, even other SAMs. Would be funny to see two SAMs attack each other if the circumstances were exactly right. Oh and any player trying to get the package would be killed along with it.

But get out the popcorn and imagine the screaming. 😁

• Member ID:  20683
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3344
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  45173
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  iPhone

32 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Just a little post for those that complain that I added too much "shit" to the mod.  Thought about this but decided against it. For fairness it would require a friendly UAV to transmit package locations that it couldnt see.

Now in actual fact, this was just something I hacked together for fun to see if the scripts for the SAM could actually do it. As you can see it worked quite well but not without a couple minor problems. Nothing insurmountable however. With some more work it would be able to fire at sentries, snipers on top of buildings, even other SAMs. Would be funny to see two SAMs attack each other if the circumstances were exactly right. Oh and any player trying to get the package would be killed along with it.

That looks awesome!!!  And LOVE the rocket pistol BTW.

I really think the mod needs an RC with a sentry nade mounted to it, that would be perfect!

Tried an RC with an ac130 gun on it long ago. It was a little unreliable and didnt work very well however.  It was maybe when CoD introduced the mini-tank thing.

• Member ID:  24799
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1024
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  iPad

22 hours ago, Sammy said:

Oh and since this seems to get a test of some sort, place an advertisement on each informing people of the other. So everybody can make an informed decision.

Why?  Was there an advertisement on the server when the newer mod was running on the other server?  I don't recall ever seeing one....

1 hour ago, Sammy said:

Here's the thing that I don't think you understand......some people play this game for it's simplicity.  If people wanted all the "extra stuff", people would start playing the newer games that actually have that stuff in it, because those games are better at it to begin with....  Did you ever think of it that way?

So, @Sammy, I for one know what it takes to create a mod, to tweak a mod, to run a server, etc...  I've been doing it from the Return to Castle Wolfenstein days, up to and including Call of Duty 5: World at War.  This is prior to me joining XI.  I get it.  It's a ton of work.  It's a SHIT TON of time.  It will always come with criticism.  The best way to avoid that criticism is to ask in advance what people want in the mod, before putting a ton of time developing it.  You will NEVER make everyone happy.  That's just a fact of life.

Here's the thing...I don't recall ever being "asked" for suggestions on what to add to the server.  Was there ever a post by you or anyone for that matter, stating that you were going to start working on a new mod and you needed input?  Did you ever ask people what they wanted to see in the mod, if they wanted the "extra shit" (as you put it), what gun changes they want, what game play changes they suggest, etc...?  Did you?  Because I know, I was on the server almost every day for hours on end prior to the new mod, and I was never asked.  Maybe you did.  I don't remember seeing it, being told about it, but I also did not check the site as often as I should have either.  I was asked to help "test" the new mod on a couple occasions.  Even during the testing phase, I did not like it.  Mostly because all of the "extra shit" messed with the game play.  It felt clunky.  It still does for me.  That's why I don't like playing on the server.  I do enjoy the old mod immensely.  However, two jobs, coaching my daughter's softball and playing newer games that are designed with all the extra stuff in mind, have taken me away from CoD4.

Speaking about that "extra shit", this game was not designed with all that "extra shit" in mind.  It was never an option on the game.  People started implementing them in mods when those items started appearing in newer games.  Problem with implementing those into this mod is that THIS GAME IS NOT DESIGNED FOR ALL THE EXTRA SHIT!  It affects the game play adversely.  It is extremely noticeable when you jump from the newer mod into the older mod.  The older mod is super smooth.  It has SOME of the extra stuff, but not all of it.  There is just too much extra stuff, and I fear it bogs down the game.  That may be why people don't like it.  If they want all the extra stuff, they'll most likely go to a game that has it, was designed to have it and runs smoothly because it was designed to have it.

• Member ID:  20683
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3344
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  45173
  • Days Won:  22

7 minutes ago, Hawk said:

So, @Sammy, I for one know what it takes to create a mod, to tweak a mod, to run a server, etc...  I've been doing it from the Return to Castle Wolfenstein days, up to and including Call of Duty 5: World at War.  This is prior to me joining XI.  I get it.  It's a ton of work.  It's a SHIT TON of time.  It will always come with criticism.  The best way to avoid that criticism is to ask in advance what people want in the mod, before putting a ton of time developing it.  You will NEVER make everyone happy.  That's just a fact of life.

Here's the thing...I don't recall ever being "asked" for suggestions on what to add to the server.  Was there ever a post by you or anyone for that matter, stating that you were going to start working on a new mod and you needed input?  Did you ever ask people what they wanted to see in the mod, if they wanted the "extra shit" (as you put it), what gun changes they want, what game play changes they suggest, etc...?  Did you?  Because I know, I was on the server almost every day for hours on end prior to the new mod, and I was never asked.  Maybe you did.  I don't remember seeing it, being told about it, but I also did not check the site as often as I should have either.  I was asked to help "test" the new mod on a couple occasions.  Even during the testing phase, I did not like it.  Mostly because all of the "extra shit" messed with the game play.  It felt clunky.  It still does for me.  That's why I don't like playing on the server.  I do enjoy the old mod immensely.  However, two jobs, coaching my daughter's softball and playing newer games that are designed with all the extra stuff in mind, have taken me away from CoD4.

Speaking about that "extra shit", this game was not designed with all that "extra shit" in mind.  It was never an option on the game.  People started implementing them in mods when those items started appearing in newer games.  Problem with implementing those into this mod is that THIS GAME IS NOT DESIGNED FOR ALL THE EXTRA SHIT!  It affects the game play adversely.  It is extremely noticeable when you jump from the newer mod into the older mod.  The older mod is super smooth.  It has SOME of the extra stuff, but not all of it.  There is just too much extra stuff, and I fear it bogs down the game.  That may be why people don't like it.  If they want all the extra stuff, they'll most likely go to a game that has it, was designed to have it and runs smoothly because it was designed to have it.

Need to quote this before he changes it. 

7 minutes ago, YACCster said:

Need to quote this before he changes it. 

Shocking.....Of course you did.  Wouldn't expect anything less. Haha

Of course. Which is also what is happening. Happens to every game and this is not a difficult concept. Players are leaving CoD4 in general. As you said, not because they may not like a particular thing but because newer games often do it better. For one they can work on the basic source code. Modders can only work with what we've got and improvise.

So as for 'better at it', well, there is of course much truth to that. Except that in modding everything can be changed to suit our own tastes. And in this case, up to Rugger (and nobody else) to change things to suit the server. You might like a change. You might not like a change. But the fact of the matter is, it CAN be changed and people can argue about it and change it again.

Oh, and yes I always asked for and welcomed input. But in the end the final decision as the developer was me and nobody else. Sometimes a choice, after a good deal of gameplay, did not work out as well as I would have liked. You are correct nobody asked for a new version. As I posted earlier, my mistake... which I wont ever again... was making this a clan mod (post 145). Instead I should have just made it up, added as many server config options as workable, and provided the server packages to anybody that wanted it. Download it and adjust things to your liking.

When its done, almost is, the next 147 server package will be made available to anybody that wants it. Sans freezetag. If interested and you want it, let me know.

• Member ID:  79
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  222
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3395
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Achievement Points:  29761
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/29/1977

I love freezetag, always have and always will, but sorry @Sammythis mod is the worst of them all. I know we always had an opinion about new mods over the years. The worst grief you got was about the ACR that you took away. But in the end we coped with it, dealt with, lost some players with each newer version, but the true players stayed gave it a chance and accepted it. Is it such a bad thing to for once agree and face it that this mod lost the most true ft players (XI members) then all previous mods and that it is not in the liking????? You can say that they moved on to newer games, and maybe they have. But why now???? Why not 2…3…4 years ago?It seems only a few of us (caring about cod4ft and trying to keep it alive) are not wearing blindfolds. About transparancy yes i voted for the old mod, i like that mod! Whatever is going to be decided. If the new mod stays, i won’ t show up any more till another/better version comes in place. Thanks for ur time and effort Sammy, nothing personal. It is just this mod.

• Member ID:  28144
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1146
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  28306
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, Sammy said:

This would add an interesting twist to the game, you should implement it just to get people to ragequit lmao😂

I get care packages so rarely that I would be SOBBING if it got blown up like this. Loudly. Into the mic. Everyone would have to mute me.

Well, the acr has been talked about ad nauseam. Surprised to even see the name of it still after all this time. Perhaps some have forgotten, or never listened in the first place. First it was heavily unbalanced and it was a zero-skill noob gun. But of course there will always be people that like and will only use zero-skill noob guns. Also, it had a bad weapon model responsible for constant server crashes. The acr noobs didnt care about crashes so long as they had it. Well, except blaming others for crashes when it was their fault for continuing to use it when asked not to. Pretty lame really. But it is what it is.

So, then came the clan mod. The bad weapon model was gone. Things were properly balanced. In this case the m16 was restored to fill the gap for a 3-shot weapon. But some cried about having to rely on weapons that required skill. Tried to reason with people, wasted my time, and it didnt work. Instead, my goal should have been to just distribute the packages and everyone can go do what they want. If you want your noob gun with an m16 model go ahead. Just figure it out it yourself and any complaints about it were yours to deal with. Up to you to convince people how they were all wrong.

And that is how it is now. Do what you want to the gun settings. Also up to you to explain how and why the different settings you want for yourself are fair to everybody else.

edit: Anyways, I apologize to everyone about how this thread got hijacked and will move on.

Edited by Sammy

• Member ID:  23520
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  737
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7105
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Sammy said:

Well, the acr has been talked about ad nauseam. Surprised to even see the name of it still after all this time. Perhaps some have forgotten, or never listened in the first place. First it was heavily unbalanced and it was a zero-skill noob gun. But of course there will always be people that like and will only use zero-skill noob guns. Also, it had a bad weapon model responsible for constant server crashes. The acr noobs didnt care about crashes so long as they had it. Well, except blaming others for crashes when it was their fault for continuing to use it when asked not to. Pretty lame really. But it is what it is.

So, then came the clan mod. The bad weapon model was gone. Things were properly balanced. In this case the m16 was restored to fill the gap for a 3-shot weapon. But some cried about having to rely on weapons that required skill. Tried to reason with people, wasted my time, and it didnt work. Instead, my goal should have been to just distribute the packages and everyone can go do what they want. If you want your noob gun with an m16 model go ahead. Just figure it out it yourself and any complaints about it were yours to deal with. Up to you to convince people how they were all wrong.

And that is how it is now. Do what you want to the gun settings. Also up to you to explain how and why the different settings you want for yourself are fair to everybody else.

edit: Anyways, I apologize to everyone about how this thread got hijacked and will move on.

Why can't you just say your prefer the guns a certain away instead of being a condescending asshole? I had a conversation with another member on this recently. We agreed we could fully accept if there was a majority that wanted less accurate guns and there was a minority that didn't. Nothing I have seen suggests to me this is the case. 

People clearly liked the acr/saritch/smr. In my opinion as I've said countless times before we could have tried to improve some of the other guns to give people more of a choice and bring balance that way. That doesn't mean I want "zero-skill noob guns". ESC recently did this, good group of players. Your own bias has so badly clouded your vision on this you can't seem to see it any other way. Why are you right and the large percentage of us who like these so called "noob guns" wrong. Just because you say so? What makes a gun a "noob gun" or "unbalanced". Who gets to decide?

• Member ID:  79
  • Followers:  222
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Content Count:  3395
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Achievement Points:  29761
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/29/1977

5 hours ago, Sammy said:

The point I was trying to make has nothing to do with the ACR, my point was the constant changes and people (members) not liking it, speaking up and getting ignored . I would say be happy with people that stand up and tell u in your face that we do not like something, instead of just leaving as well, like so many before us did. Anyways I feel your bitterness, and like i said nothing personal. I have made my good share (+5100 hours)of time in that server in your mods, all out of respect of the good work u delivered over years. And with this mod I can not get myself to like it or get used to it.

• Member ID:  22372
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  6167
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/12/1976

6 minutes ago, P!nk said:

The point I was trying to make has nothing to do with the ACR, my point was the constant changes and people (members) not liking it, speaking up and getting ignored . I would say be happy with people that stand up and tell u in your face that we do not like something, instead of just leaving as well, like so many before us did. Anyways I feel your bitterness, and like i said nothing personal. I have made my good share (+5100 hours)of time in that server in your mods, all out of respect of the good work u delivered over years. And with this mod I can not get myself to like it or get used to it.

he has become one bitterkoekje small-pile-of-amaretti-biscuits-royalty-

Only the Brits will get this, we should rename this post :-

'Mods 'n Knockers'

This last version all except a couple specialty guns (specials etc) had vanilla cod4 settings. They way they were *intended* to be, if you like. Any complaints about them, I can give you the address of Infinity Ward. There shouldnt be anything more to say about that. It seems you *dont* want the vanilla settings. Which is perfectly fine. Its like I said, choices.

However in this case that wasnt your choice to make. After all this time you still dont understand, or refuse to accept, that this was the grand bargain. I spend a lot of my personal time, over years, modding exclusively for the clan with the understanding that basic balances are my decision. For most people this was fine and a good trade. However some wanted it all. They wanted my time AND they wanted to be the boss calling all the shots.

A bargain I never should have made but its all in the past now.

• Member ID:  27413
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  1174
  • Birthday:  12/04/1997

Honestly, the new mod feels more balanced overall. I like it!

• Member ID:  28834
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  23601
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  07/04/1995
  • Device:  Android

I just voted wrong, lol. (It's late over here, forgive me).

I meant to vote for the new mod. I didn't vote before, because I felt like I couldn't make a fair decision when I hadn't played the old mod yet, but I did now that it's up for the weekend. Also, my first post on here.

Basically, I like the new mod a lot more. I tried to keep track on the stuff I liked less and came up with the following things:

- The old mod is a bit boring in my opinion. I actually really like all the extra stuff that was added. Also, heist can be a pain in the ass, but it also adds some fun suspense in my opinion. Which doesn't mean we can't bitch about it when someone steals our shit.

- Score limit. I really like that better at 4. Also, the amount of time of a single round until sudden death seems longer? Or is that my imagination? The maps seem to go on forever (even when only one side is winning) and I can get bored quite easily again. Which barely ever happened with the new mod.

- EMP range. You have to hit someone exactly on the head to actually thaw someone.

- Time to thaw, which is a lot longer.

- The killstreak distribution. I like that way better for the new mod. And also, what's in the package I believe.

I think that's about it, but it's quite a lot. Of course, it's all personal preference and I just wanted to state mine here. Thank you for all the work that's put into these things!

• Member ID:  11018
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  291
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2427

On 6/24/2021 at 6:04 PM, P!nk said:

It seems only a few of us (caring about cod4ft and trying to keep it alive) are not wearing blindfolds. About transparancy yes i voted for the old mod, i like that mod! Whatever is going to be decided. If the new mod stays, i won’ t show up any more till another/better version comes in place. Thanks for ur time and effort Sammy, nothing personal. It is just this mod.

Agreed.. I love the old cod4 Freezetag.. I used to play everyday,, but not anymore.. The weapons- (Big gun,, Saw or whatever it's called is missing)  The game play feels A lot different from the old version.. 

Gothic 

• Member ID:  27340
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Achievement Points:  5463
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/11/1980

On 6/24/2021 at 12:08 PM, Sammy said:

That's pretty awesome! Lol Would ha e liked to see that in game! I liked all the new toys in the new mod. Heist included even though I didn't use it. I really liked the ragdoll effect on the characters.  Was hilarious watching people go flying after blowing them up. 🤣

Now sometime today I'm going to play on the old mod, but I'm worried, will it be like the old car you fondly remember from your youth? Very basic, unreliable, no mod cons but it lives in your mind as the greatest you ever owned, that is sadly anything but, looking forward to it.

Morris Oxford here I come     😂

Hope the kingpin holds this time

(For the snowflakes the entire wheels had a habit of falling off when driving)