Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

COD4 MW2 Freezetag players, vote on what mod you want to run on the main server

What MW2 Mod to use on the main server  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What MW2 Mod to use on the main server

• New
    • Old

• Member ID:  28144
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1146
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  28306
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  6

7 hours ago, Bamm said:

- EMP range. You have to hit someone exactly on the head to actually thaw someone.

- Time to thaw, which is a lot longer.

Yeah these two points are the main reason I can't get on with the old mod tbh. As someone who does wayyyyy more defrosting than killing, it's a pain in the arse.

Even with snatch and grab on it still isn't as quick, kinda lame

• Member ID:  3696
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  308
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  Windows

First of all i am happy that the old mod is back ,love seeing it full again. I never liked the new one with people hiding behind their trophy system ,the stealing ,and nades that kill u through 2 walls ,throw an emp in a range of 100 yards and he wil defrost u ,and  allot of more bs on the new server. Second why are people  non XI voting here  (like Bamm ,first time played freezetag march 2021 so he did never play the old one  ,or Oster ,u didn't play the old mod now ,and played last 30 days 1 time and already posting) i would say let the members that are always there playing decide it . Like every change there is always  something different to get used to ,but comparing the new with the old ,i have to say the old one runs smoother. Thanks for giving the old mod back for this weekend ,i hope it stays on this server. 😃

• Member ID:  25355
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

11 minutes ago, P1nh3ad said:

Second why are people  non XI voting here  (like Bamm ,first time played freezetag march 2021 so he did never play the old one  ,or Oster ,u didn't play the old mod now ,and played last 30 days 1 time and already posting) i would say let the members that are always there playing decide it .

Absolutely agree 100%, it's like the last Presidential elections asking the tourists to vote, I've said this many many times, Non member no vote on what goes on internally, become a member then fine, no problems with putting in their comments, but voting no.

Conclusion, as far as the members go this vote means sweet fuck all

• Member ID:  3543
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  9072
  • Birthday:  07/09/1981

29 minutes ago, P1nh3ad said:

Zunächst einmal freue ich mich, dass der alte Mod zurück ist, ich liebe es, ihn wieder voll zu sehen. Ich mochte das neue nie mit Leuten, die sich hinter ihrem Trophäensystem verstecken, das Stehlen und Nades, die dich durch 2 Wände töten, einen Emp in einer Reichweite von 100 Metern werfen und er wird dich auftauen und mehr Bs auf dem neuen Server verteilen . Zweitens, warum stimmen hier Leute ab, die nicht XI sind (wie Bamm, spielte zum ersten Mal Freezetag-März 2021, also hat er nie den alten gespielt, oder Oster, du hast den alten Mod jetzt nicht gespielt und die letzten 30 Tage 1 Mal gespielt und bereits gepostet? ) Ich würde sagen , dass die Mitglieder , die immer da sind , die Entscheidung treffen . Wie bei jeder Änderung ist es immer etwas anderes, an das man sich gewöhnen muss, aber wenn man das neue mit dem alten vergleicht, muss ich sagen, dass das alte reibungsloser läuft. Danke für die Rückgabe des alten Mods für dieses Wochenende, ich hoffe er bleibt auf diesem Server. 😃

I agree,

Amen.

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

The SAW is there, with vanilla settings, using the Mk46 model. Nades are entirely engine controlled and I couldnt make them go through two walls even if I tried. So I have no idea the effect you are seeing. Unless the walls were made of paper by the mapper I suppose.

As for who gets to vote for something like this and which mod goes on which server, I cannot comment on that. I have no say in it. Well, as a clan member I would... since that is the criteria... but I wont. Other than saying giving everybody the opportunity to choose between two servers is a fair thing to do and let the chips fall where they may. Both mods however were made for all players equally. Whether you were here for 3 years or 30 days. So long as that distinction is understood.

• Member ID:  28834
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  23601
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  07/04/1995
  • Device:  Android

6 hours ago, P1nh3ad said:

Second why are people  non XI voting here  (like Bamm ,first time played freezetag march 2021 so he did never play the old one  ,or Oster ,u didn't play the old mod now ,and played last 30 days 1 time and already posting) i would say let the members that are always there playing decide it

First, I didn't vote before, because I indeed never played the old mod. Yesterday I played 5 hours, if it wasn't even more and I think you can get a general feel about a mod in that time and if you would like to play it more or not. Other than that, yeah, I'm quite new, but in these past 4 months I've played way too many hours both during the day European time as during the night, as many can attest to I believe. If you think that's enough, I leave up to you.

Second, as long as it is opened to non-members, I'm gonna voice my opinion. I don't wanna whine about a mod without letting my voice be heard officially if I can.  If people care about my opinion is another matter entirely and I again, I leave that up to you. Maybe start a new topic or something to discuss if you want non-members to have influence on these kinds of decisions.

I played - Morris Oxford, glitchy as hell

• Member ID:  607
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Content Count:  3332
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33541
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966

Well I voted for the old Mod.

And here is my reasons why...... Firstly I remember the hours and hours of fun I had before the new mod came out and to me it was a master piece every aspect was fair and fun ( yes we had whiners but we always will ) when the server is full its a laugh and fun. But not only that its more of a challenge for instance EMP' s in the old 146 mod you had to be accurate when you throw them to get the defrost, where as the new mod 147 it seems as long as you throw it within 20 feet it will defrost so just sprinting past and launching it gets the job done. Which to me is too easy, where is the challenge ?. Then there is the cars the old mod you could defrost multiple targets before it explodes and it can turn a game around if half your team is frozen if used correctly and the other team do not shoot or emp it LOL, Now the 147 mod.... the cars are only good for one thing getting a kill .... and some players save them up until the end then you are dodging them and to be honest they are a real pain and spoil the game for me. The kill streaks and perks in 146 are balanced and fun but 147 it makes the game too easy and kills the fun ,more whining and moaning. 

For me there is more skill and fun in the old 146 mod, sneaking around defrosting and actually using the weapons to get kills not the perks or kill streaks.

Now I know people will not agree with my opinion and that is fine . But I personally play the game to have fun with my friends and have a fair challenge, by that i mean i am not the best player by a long shot and i know most games I will die more than most so kill streaks are not really a thing for me. I prefer to sneak around and get defrosts or try to run to the other side of the map to defrost a team mate that went too far ( nine time's out of ten gets me killed) 😂😂 but its a challenge and fun..

I would like to say though @Sammy thank you for all the work on both mods, Although the 146 to me was a true masterpiece fair and fun..

• Member ID:  433
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2305
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  23813
  • Days Won:  35
  • Birthday:  05/28/1957
  • Device:  Macintosh

Well seeing I’m not real accurate at shooting, as my K/D ratio and accuracy % stats clearly reflect. I’m finding I’m less accurate on the older mod. 
My biggest gain for points in the newest mod came from the 3 EMP’s I carry. The OLDER MOD EMP’s for me just do not have a big enough radius. Yes a fellow should be more accurate with them but as an average player my accuracy is not that good.  
I’ve always said my highest scores come from my defrosting! So realizing the newer mod gave me higher scores I’m glad I voted for the new mod!

I still will play either mod but would love the EMP radius in the older mod increased a bit, not necessarily as much the new mod.

thanks

Wayne

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11822
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106279
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976
  • Device:  iPhone

1 minute ago, WeednFeed said:

Well seeing I’m not real accurate at shooting, as my K/D ratio and accuracy % stats clearly reflect. I’m finding I’m less accurate on the older mod. 
My biggest gain for points in the newest mod came from the 3 EMP’s I carry. The OLDER MOD EMP’s for me just do not have a big enough radius. Yes a fellow should be more accurate with them but as an average player my accuracy is not that good.  
I’ve always said my highest scores come from my defrosting! So realizing the newer mod gave me higher scores I’m glad I voted for the new mod!

I still will play either mod but would love the EMP radius in the older mod increased a bit, not necessarily as much the new mod.

thanks

Wayne

I'm working on getting a little wider emp radius 

• Member ID:  22372
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  6167
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/12/1976

33 minutes ago, Ruggerxi said:

I'm working on getting a little wider emp radius 

thats kinda weird that you know tweaking the old mod isent it  people asked to put it back the way it was not for tweaking it.   for the emp thing  @WeednFeed learn to aim better not that it is a bad thing to increase the range   but it takes away the people need to learn to AIM

Edited by Dessy

• Member ID:  607
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Content Count:  3332
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33541
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966

@WeednFeed thats the point I am trying to make in the new mod 147 the great / good players hit you with kill streak after kill streak and us average players are lucky to get a car 😂 which helps our defrost counts in the old mod, but the new mod its either one kill or one defrost and yes I suppose the radius of the emp could be expanded slightly. Last night i was playing the old mod and loved it because in one round with one car i was able to get 5 defrosts which turned the round for my team. 

The really good players are still getting the amazing scores in the old Mod so I do not see a problem with a slight change in the EMP.

But like you I will still play either Mod that has people in the server but i would choose 146 over 147 

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11822
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106279
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976
  • Device:  iPhone

7 minutes ago, Dessy said:

thats kinda weird that you know tweaking the old mod isent it  people asked to put it back the way it was not for tweaking it.   for the emp thing  @WeednFeed learn to aim better not that it is a bad thing to increase the range   but it takes away the people need to learn to AIM

It’s just a very slight tweak not like the new mod. 

• Member ID:  2056
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1071
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  9313
  • Birthday:  01/17/1960

On 6/24/2021 at 2:33 PM, WeednFeed said:

@RobMc I reacted to your post just because at our age, I actually find myself looking forward to my yearly prostate exam lol!

🖕Also just to let you know we appreciate your witty (snowflake) humor!

From my actual experience, I can give you a wise advice by doing like me: no more prostate (and no more bladder btw), no more finger into the ass... ☝️ I preferred the old mod but had to adapt to the new mod, though. Oh sorry! I mixed the topics :popo: 

• Member ID:  2056
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1071
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  9313
  • Birthday:  01/17/1960

For the first time yesterday, I got a nuke! Then, I vote for the old mod, lol :thumbsup:

Either way, I would keep on playing (and whining) on the FT servers. Thanks @Ruggerxi and @Sammy!

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Info: The EMP radius on the new mod is much bigger than the old one. However, it is also distance based. How much it defrosts depends on how close it lands. Like flashbangs and how much it affects you depending on distance when it goes off. The old one, its all or nothing. Even if the difference between you and another player is just one unit, he might get fully defrosted and you get nothing. The newer way made it consistent with all other grenades and explosives.

Up to you to decide which is better. Just information to understand why everyone is seeing a difference.

edit: Forgot to add, at max distance it will defrost a minimum %50 of a fully frozen player. So linear 50-100%. Lower than 50 ended up being too weak in testing. All explosives work the same way with guaranteed minimum damage if within range, not including modifiers and obstructions (cars, walls, flakjacket). The minimum for frags is 75 points, or %25 of max damage.

Edited by Sammy

• Member ID:  28144
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1146
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  28306
  • Days Won:  6

So will the newer version of the mod be going on a different server at some point? 

• Member ID:  138
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  474
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4470
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  30747
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  07/01/1974
  • Device:  Android

a big pink Dildo instead of a knife hahaha

I asked the wife if she liked the old mod or the new mod better?, shes never played (but voted 15 times), she said she didn't give a fuck, but reckoned I was a lot quicker with my false leg fitted as opposed to repeated requests from me to 'hop into bed' with her?

New mod it is

Sort it Boss

• Member ID:  433
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2305
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  23813
  • Days Won:  35
  • Birthday:  05/28/1957
  • Device:  Macintosh

Thanks @Sammy I did realize the difference between the EMP’s per mod. I selfishly like the bigger radius because that’s how I gain my most points. 
I also really appreciate all the work you’ve done on the new mod!

As a matter of fact I appreciate all the work all the mod and admin work everyone does for our enjoyment! 
It’s so easy for folks to criticize and whine, sadly a part of life!

• Member ID:  28863
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  282

17 minutes ago, WeednFeed said:

Thanks @Sammy I did realize the difference between the EMP’s per mod. I selfishly like the bigger radius because that’s how I gain my most points. 
I also really appreciate all the work you’ve done on the new mod!

As a matter of fact I appreciate all the work all the mod and admin work everyone does for our enjoyment! 
It’s so easy for folks to criticize and whine, sadly a part of life!

That's so true!!!! 👍