Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Summer Rotation - 1st July - 30th September

• Member ID:  20107
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2015
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  16685
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994
  • Device:  Windows

Hello all,

Just a forewarning: I will be changing the rotation at the end of this month (June). I am open to member suggestions so if anyone would like to see a map that they haven't seen for a long time or have a favourite in particular please let me know.
I also intend to make some slight changes to the spawn timers just as a trial and seeing if I can stop making people pick up someones weapon when they want to zoom out their sniper!

This will once again be a 1:1 ratio of run and gun to sniper but feedback is always welcome.

~Pain

• Member ID:  42
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8260
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53573
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

Just tossing this out there to all the rotation heros . A thank you lots of time involved in doingvitvtheses days. So my idea is Christmas in July  

Just an update on the current state of the rotation.

I have given @loaderXI the rotation and the maps so he can make the packs and put it on but so far, not heard back if it's done or not. I will update this post when I find out when it's done. So so far it looks like we are using the current rotation for one more weekend. Sorry folks, Loader has been busy and I don't have access to the redirect to do it myself.

• Member ID:  23
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1829
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16052
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

No worries and that longer spawn will help some of us who understand how the spawn works get away from those campers who don't have a clue that they are causing their team mates to get slaughtered. I have been known to not shoot said campers to keep targets in a specific area and I also throw smoke in front of those on my team that camp as well by the 3rd time I respawn next to them so maybe they will move. As soon as I see other teammates spawning around me I move to a new place on the map, I hate crowded areas LOL. And the weapon pickup is a huge issue on the sniper maps when there are a few sweet spots and some pick the Springfield and others select the Enfield. Both are good weapons but the commands for pick-up/use and zoom are pre-set to use the same key as you know and with our weapons choices and ammo amounts it is very rare a player would pick up a gun they come across, nades and health yes but a dropped MP44 I doubt. You are doing a great job and should take great pride in that so we can wait without any problems. Keep it up KID

Rotation has now been done and ready to go. There may be errors with IWD's but unfortunately some of that cannot be helped. We don't know what the client has on their system when they connect so it may give them issues.

Loader and I will be looking at the spawn timers today and I will also bring up about the picking up weapons. I am not sure if that can be controlled server side or not. I can look at disabling all but one sniper but that means changing the whole weapon loadout system on the whole server which is something I do not want to do. I want to make minimal changes to the weapons we use due to feedback regarding the last time I enabled certain weapon loadouts. Rest assured, we'll get something going right.

• Member ID:  23
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1829
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16052
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

The maps you selected for this rotation are good solid choices and a nice variety of big and small size maps with some nice super long range sniper maps that make it hard for those who want to use a Kar and rain lead instead of snipe because the smaller maps can be so close. But considering that we range from 4 to 16 players at any given time on the weekends 9:00am to 2:30pm EDT it makes great sense to have both. Those big maps with just a few players could be like watching paint dry looking for someone to shoot if the move as much as Laz which is zero. My comments are just me sharing my thoughts only and by no means are they to be acted on by anyone unless 1) They make sense to all who matter and 2) They are easy to do at this point in the games life. The Server is set-up extremely well and the only reason several people who actually take our games serious are asking for more spawn protection is because of what I said before, Campers have no idea how they can cause their team to be pinned down and crushed because they have a solid ratio not knowing we let them live many times because we know they won't move unless shot and forced by the respawn. So sorry that we are asking you guys to figure out a way to protect us against our friends and clan members not fully grasping the math of COD2 after 15 plus years. Keep up the good work and go England on Sunday Mate