Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

There is no hope for this clan, no morals and no commonsense

RobMc

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.18
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954
  • Device:  Windows

So yet again, despite promises we let a player caught cheating play on, the last couple took two years to kick, and did they stop cheating after their first warnings, let me see no they didn't, surprise eh?

Now what you do is up to you, but let us look at some consequences of your (poor) decision making :-

1/. Yet again someone gets some evidence only to have it overturned, happens time and time again, so are they going to bother their arse in the future?, you bet they're fucking not.

2/. Honest ordinary members now have to play on their own so called servers with someone they know for certain is a cheat, what a ludicrous state of affairs.

3/. May I remind the management that recently they said they would be taking action on things like this, only for us to see nothing changing at all.

4/. I know this fckr will not stop, he'll give it a few months then be back to normal, he was suspicious on ftag, time will tell, but I know that I'll not be playing with him on our servers, and if the rest of you had any morals neither should you.

I was just going to hand my tags in, almost useless anyway, but those who know me know I don't give in without a fight, so do something for me, if you agree with me that you are sick of seeing known cheaters play put a like at the end of this.

Thanks Rob

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3344
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  45167
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  Macintosh

10 hours ago, RobMc said:

So yet again, despite promises we let a player caught cheating play on, the last couple took two years to kick, and did they stop cheating after their first warnings, let me see no they didn't, surprise eh?

Now what you do is up to you, but let us look at some consequences of your (poor) decision making :-

1/. Yet again someone gets some evidence only to have it overturned, happens time and time again, so are they going to bother their arse in the future?, you bet they're fucking not.

2/. Honest ordinary members now have to play on their own so called servers with someone they know for certain is a cheat, what a ludicrous state of affairs.

3/. May I remind the management that recently they said they would be taking action on things like this, only for us to see nothing changing at all.

4/. I know this fckr will not stop, he'll give it a few months then be back to normal, he was suspicious on ftag, time will tell, but I know that I'll not be playing with him on our servers, and if the rest of you had any morals neither should you.

I was just going to hand my tags in, almost useless anyway, but those who know me know I don't give in without a fight, so do something for me, if you agree with me that you are sick of seeing known cheaters play put a like at the end of this.

Thanks Rob

Rob,

I appreciate your opinion but there are further items to consider.

1) He ostensibly fell into a spot and made a bad decision, there was no actual evidence of him killing folks from a glitch but he still manned up and admitted it.

2) There are likely not any rampant cheats on the servers, you know better.

3) I don't know who management is but if you haven't seen any changes you haven't been watching.

4) The player you seem to be referring to has had his last warning if there is an issue it will be dealt with accordingly.

No issues with what you want to do or say, but manage your own expectations.

-YACC

Edited by YACCster

• Member ID:  49
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  835
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  11411
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/09/1966

13 years and S.O.S. it only took 1 player glitching (Vandi) for me to drop my tags after posting 3 videos of him in glitches shooting through walls and he was not banned until he disrespected WildThing for him to be banned.  ;)  just think one video i posted he was in a glitch behind a wall that you could not shoot through so what did XI do to fix it? they removed the wall in the map and said no problem fixed but you still could not shoot through the now invisible wall LOL ;) 

get used to it rob or you can be like me and go tagless for 10 years now like me. ;) if you drop your tags rob the admins will not ever give you your tags back for that reason just ask them ;) 

Well I don't want to drop my tags, but I also feel strongly that as a clan member it is rubbing our noses in it being forced to play with cheaters, I'll not say any more I'll see how the other members feel.

• Member ID:  489
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Content Count:  4668
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41001
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Rob, I've been around since 2009 or so, and I've seen a lot of drama come & go. Several admins have tossed their tags over issues, then got them back after reflection. A lot questionable people were made admins, showed their true colors, and got pitched out the door. Took time, with a lot of eye-rolling by bystanders, but things got done. I have to say, Rugger does an amazing job keeping this anthill swept up and cohesive, because nobody else would put up with half the nonsense he does. Remember, this is supposed to be fun. Getting your knickers in a twist isn't fun, and not why you play the game.

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  6041
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Achievement Points:  50789
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981
  • Device:  Android

2 hours ago, MtDeW said:

13 years and S.O.S. it only took 1 player glitching (Vandi) for me to drop my tags after posting 3 videos of him in glitches shooting through walls and he was not banned until he disrespected WildThing for him to be banned.  ;)  just think one video i posted he was in a glitch behind a wall that you could not shoot through so what did XI do to fix it? they removed the wall in the map and said no problem fixed but you still could not shoot through the now invisible wall LOL ;) 

get used to it rob or you can be like me and go tagless for 10 years now like me. ;) if you drop your tags rob the admins will not ever give you your tags back for that reason just ask them ;) 

I've  seen it done before as well. Damn I can't remember the guys name either. Started with a G though. Repeat offender of glitches. Says one thing to offend an admin abs then all the sudden gone. 

• Member ID:  36
  • Followers:  124
  • Topic Count:  234
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3844
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Achievement Points:  34597
  • Days Won:  17
  • Birthday:  11/22/1968

Thanks for your thoughts members and remember that their are processes in place now that they have to follow. The purpose of those was because of how large of a family we have become. When I started as an admin it was just cod 2. As the cod family of games grew the admins were over multiple cod games then a change was made that they were to be over the game they played most of the time. The many changes have been made to better serve all aspects as we continue to grow as a clan. We may not get every problem fixed right away but they do work hard to make sure when they fix it that it is done right. The admins do a great job and the players of the true >XI< always stand for what is right and just. Thank you rob for stating your concerns and please play on.

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

One thing to keep in mind, for this place, is that there is a difference between different levels of cheating.... which happens a lot here and to a degree tolerated... vs outright glitching. Which is what happened in this case. As for admin processes, decisions and such, well I really cant offer much of an opinion.

But I do agree Rugger is putting an inordinate amount of time trying to perform the role of the adult playground monitor among a large number of unruly kids in the hopes of making sure they play nice with one another. Or at least as nice as possible since these days you cant give unruly kids a spanking. 😁

OK all definitely the last one I hope

I have a problem, a problem I have had my entire lifetime, and that is principles, they have cost me dear (and even jobs) at times. One of these is 'That cheats should not prosper', I'm afraid I see this happening right in front of my eyes, and being me I will not ignore it. It is all too easy to ignore things like this and take the easy way out, and I do see this, but it is not for me I'm afraid.

You have all seen me argue many times over the years about these principles, I can be a pure cunt, and ruthless at times, but if I think it's right I'll defend it.

Now Rugger and the team do a magnificent job and have the patience of saints, however you remember as well as I do the update to members about taking more actions about cheaters and hackers. Then what do I see ? well I see what I put in the first post, to say I'm extremely disappointed is an understatement.

Beer is right 'it's supposed to be fun' encouraging these fckrs is not right and takes the fun away, and if you want proof look at how many are playing at the moment. Normally I would have been playing for 3 hours, now no one on until late afternoon.

• Member ID:  244
  • Followers:  120
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1235
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  11005
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/09/1979

Rob also need to fire up the BBQ for the season, take a brake for a little time man. Peace 

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11813
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106257
  • Days Won:  122
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

3 hours ago, RobMc said:

OK all definitely the last one I hope

I have a problem, a problem I have had my entire lifetime, and that is principles, they have cost me dear (and even jobs) at times. One of these is 'That cheats should not prosper', I'm afraid I see this happening right in front of my eyes, and being me I will not ignore it. It is all too easy to ignore things like this and take the easy way out, and I do see this, but it is not for me I'm afraid.

You have all seen me argue many times over the years about these principles, I can be a pure cunt, and ruthless at times, but if I think it's right I'll defend it.

Now Rugger and the team do a magnificent job and have the patience of saints, however you remember as well as I do the update to members about taking more actions about cheaters and hackers. Then what do I see ? well I see what I put in the first post, to say I'm extremely disappointed is an understatement.

Beer is right 'it's supposed to be fun' encouraging these fckrs is not right and takes the fun away, and if you want proof look at how many are playing at the moment. Normally I would have been playing for 3 hours, now no one on until late afternoon.

Thanks again for your opinion on things Rob, we do they best we can for the clan every day, but we never hear anything good when we do good things, but just like the media, when something goes bad boy it makes headlines and everyone tried to get everyone going about it. If people actually made headlines about the good things we do here then maybe there would be a better mood about the clan. 

If people keep dragging down the clan every chance they get well who would wanna play here, and people who keep bringing stuff up for years ago, let's try to move on and get in game and see how things are now instead of living in the past. 

Bring some joy to the servers and not drama

Admins are doing our best to make this place a great place for our members. 

• Member ID:  20107
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2015
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Achievement Points:  16685
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994

There's a lot that goes on behind closed doors, Rob. There are things happening that even us normal admins know of or even head admins. We work tirelessly to make the servers what they are and there's a large team in place for each game for that reason. Just because something isn't acted upon immediately doesn't mean that it's not being worked on. I recently just a bunch of Quality of Life fixes to the CoD2 TDM server that have been on the backburner for a long time, and all I got was good feedback from it (after months of some players bitching).

I am certain you have seen countless ban appeals on the forums and a lot of them refused and the ones that are successful really comes down to the discretion of the banning admin. This isn't aimed at you but the community as a whole:

--------------------------------------------

Just because the player is good does not make them a hacker or a cheater. One thing that annoys me in the MW2 FT server is the constant accusations, the crying and the bitching players make against their own clanmates and regulars. I get it, someone is better than me (like most people :lol: ) but I am not doing myself or anyone else favours for accusing others without prior evidence given to an admin.

If you suspect something, gather as much SOLID evidence that you can and come forward to an admin. There are cases an admin may not be online and sometimes there will be times where a member will have to record such players for us and come let us know and we will look into it. We cannot go by word of mouth alone. We need evidence to make an informed decision.

I agree with @Ruggerxi Seeing negative things about the servers and the games does affect the mood of the whole place. I would like to see some people come up and say "hey, thanks for all the hardwork and the servers, I really like [this] and [this]." Positive feedback can go a long way. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as an admin because I enjoy hearing the positive feedback I get from my fellow admins and the players on the servers. These servers are yours as much as anyone elses and it does dishearten me when all I see is  the >XI< name smeared on its own forums. A lot of people like to hop on the bandwagon and are very quick to make assumptions and post but as a tip, give yourself some time to think about the posts before you make them. We come into these servers to have fun and get away from everything.

Yep this is just a bit goofy.

Edited by YACCster

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  6041
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Achievement Points:  50789
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981

The admins have alot on their plates. I'm sure the decisions are hard enough. And I'm sure that even behind the scenes there is alot of yes ban him...no don't ban him. Other then @PainKillerI have faith in said admins. 🤣

• Member ID:  26443
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  459
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5914
  • Content Per Day:  2.54
  • Achievement Points:  50594
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971

But, c0ntrails.  I know I wouldn't want to be an admin & have to babysit those that bring their misery to the servers.  Now, I know I whine...get on my own nerves at times;  but there are some pissy miserable little bitches that use the forums & the server as a platform to vent their unhappiness... get a shrink;  I did, years ago.  Cryin' li'l bitches.  Imagine having to live in that headspace 24/7; especially when personal agency allows otherwise.  So to recap:  Cryin li'l bitches.  Have a great day.

Edited by Timmah!

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

Like you Rob I always stand on principle. Back in the day when I was a senior admin I left that position because of it and that's OK. The toughest thing about being an admin is sucking it up when you disagree but you know, we're all human and they're going to get it wrong sometimes. But most of the time they get it right and over the long term, it all works out. It always has.

Your complaint has been well heard and thanks for doing that. I don't have the slightest idea who this character is and don't care but if he's a cheat I have no doubt that at some point, he'll be gone. Meantime, suck it up. Like me, you're a good clan member and a nice guy and there's not a lot of us left among these Idiots. 🤣

• Member ID:  28601
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  1697
  • Days Won:  2

I sent in a recording of a 'regular' player using something to make his single shot guns automatic.  I'm pretty sure he was on the chopping block anyway, but he was banned within a couple of days. (May Kyniek[PL] rot in peace.)  I don't like cheaters getting much of a 2nd chance and maybe nobody in the chat told Mandinko to stop his BS, but at least hes out of our hair for 30 days.  Being Admin is tough, so I don't mind them taking a bit of time to get something done right.  Temp banning players that have been reported by members might be a good tool to buy time to review decisions as well.

Edited by Yoshi
Clarity

• Member ID:  1238
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  6082
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Achievement Points:  50713
  • Days Won:  11

Why not resist passively and leave the server when this joker joins? That is what I do when a regular cheat joins. If I see him where I want to play, I don’t and he soon empties whichever server he is on.  

• Member ID:  20107
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2015
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Achievement Points:  16685
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994

51 minutes ago, DEEJAYKEG said:

Why not resist passively and leave the server when this joker joins? That is what I do when a regular cheat joins. If I see him where I want to play, I don’t and he soon empties whichever server he is on.  

It just really sucks when the whole server empties from one person. So I can understand the frustration.
If someone is too good for the server and they are interuppting the fun of everyone else, the plug needs to be pulled on them and remove them because it's just no fun for everyone when the fun gets ruined.

• Member ID:  389
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  290
  • Content Count:  4396
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  35985
  • Days Won:  38
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

14 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I sent in a recording of a 'regular' player using something to make his single shot guns automatic.  I'm pretty sure he was on the chopping block anyway, but he was banned within a couple of days. 

that be mouse wheel fire, not sure is allowed but frowned upon.

i see afew new players using it OWFT server the other day.

can we have registerd members upload portal just video so admins can make a call.       

Edited by KaptCrunch

5 minutes ago, KaptCrunch said:

frawned apond.

please use the English

• Member ID:  389
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  290
  • Content Count:  4396
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  35985
  • Days Won:  38
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

6 minutes ago, YACCster said:

please use the English

morning grog  YACCster   

so it's  is    frowned upon

image.jpeg.c048ef09a2672c3c21b2e3ef921a0b0d.jpeg

• Member ID:  26443
  • Topic Count:  459
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5914
  • Content Per Day:  2.54
  • Achievement Points:  50594
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971

• Member ID:  433
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  341
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2297
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  23717
  • Days Won:  35
  • Birthday:  05/28/1957

I’ve written about this several time! 
Being an Admin can really be a THANKLESS job and yet our Admins soldier on. 
Just imagine trying to enjoy a few moments in the servers to unwind! Yes we all know at times questionable players do what questionable player do. 
I was an Admin many years ago in another clan, taking on those responsibilities really distracted from an enjoyable game play. The constant accusations, investigations, specking suspects really takes from one’s enjoyment.

I also was a Supervisor in my real life working at an oil refinery. Not unlike an Admin a Supervisor has to wear many hats. People expect you to be a Parent, a clergyman a councillor a teacher a sympathetic ear, people expect you to be the answer guy/girl. People expect you to have all the answers, Lord knows the answers will never satisfy everyone but when one has taken on the responsibility of Admin or Supervisor you better have thick skin. 
Nothing in life or gaming is simple. There is always 3 sides to every conflict!  It’s like a divorce, there’s her side, his side and the truth lies in the middle somewhere. Both parties will always think they were cheated, that’s why lawyers make so much money lol.

Again I’d like to go on record saying our Admin’s have a very hard and sometimes thankless job but for the most part they get it done. I thank you all for the many hours you put into our clan.

Im a mediocre player at best, I’m 64 and I really love Freeze Tag over all other gaming mods. WHAT I KNOW TO BE TRUE, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE PLAYERS WHO ARE YOUNGER FASTER AND JUST PLAIN BETTER THAN ME. Just because they are better doesn’t mean they are cheaters.  I’m ok with that, after all we are playing a video game!

Sincere Regards

Wayne(Weed)

• Member ID:  28144
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1146
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  28306
  • Days Won:  6