Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Oven "Fried" Wings

• Member ID:  28695
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  3401
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Device:  Windows

This is for @babyback. We were chatting about oven baked wings and I mentioned the baking powder method Kenji uses. Instead of frying in oil, he coats them in baking powder and bakes them in the oven, replicating the same crispy skin you'd get using the frying method. There's also John from Food Wishes who does it along with a few spices to make a rub. His video is the 6 min TL:DR of Kenji's.

For all the other food nerds and home cooks out there, Kenji's channel is great. No studio setting with over-the-top production, just a GoPro on his forehead (yes, strapped to his forehead!) and maybe a second small camera off to the side. You get to see him make the entire dish start to finish. He's not all pumped up and trying too hard to be funny or !!!ENTHUSIASTIC!!!:dry: (you'll see what I mean in the third video); he's just a dude* who opened a high end restaurant in Cali who's now a dad and works at Serious Eats (he runs "The Food Lab") and does this cooking channel from home. It's super chill, quite informative, and his dogs are adorable. Highly recommend!
(* - okay, he's a super smart, highly educated MIT grad)

John from Food Wishes is an OG. He's been doing this for years and his recipes/videos are great. He has this sing-song way of speaking haha! Check him out too!

The last video has these two butchers who are normally tolerable, but in THIS video they are so damn dorky and annoying...I almost didn't post it. It's honestly tough to get through it without rolling your eyeballs into the back of your head, so I do apologize. BUT! They do 10 different methods of cooking wings, including the fucking MICROWAVE! (then roasted/finished in the oven) Crazy...but an interesting video (minus the dorky, try hard antics) that I thought Baby and others (@Timmah!?) might want to check out. 

Enjoy!

• Member ID:  433
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2305
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  23813
  • Days Won:  35
  • Birthday:  05/28/1957
  • Device:  iPhone

Sorry I can’t believe I didn’t reply to this thread! 
Those crispy wings look great I believe I’ll be try those in the near future!

Thanks for sharing 

Wayne

• Member ID:  1213
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  172
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5349
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  47101
  • Days Won:  174
  • Birthday:  10/11/1961
  • Device:  iPad

The one I found that is a huge hit from the oven is Uncle Dougies wing Marinade.    There are never any left when I make them