EastCoast50

My former beat partner ...

I ask the XI community to give their thoughts and prayers to my former beat partner who is fighting for his life at this very moment here in Maryland. He and I have been through hell and back together, and we went home after every shift. Today is different. The outcome looks very bad, but he is still in the fight at the moment.

He is one of the biggest, toughest, honest and righteous cops anyone could every know or work with ... especially on the midnight shift when all the goons come out to victimize the innocent. 

It's been a long month.

Thank you all.  

UPDATE:

Today was a positive day. CT shows normal brain activity and O2 through intubation reduced to 60%.

Thank you all.

UPDATE

This week -- after around 40 days --  he was removed from intubation and received a trach.

He is being transferred to a rehab facility out of state. 

Long recovery ahead, but he is still alive. 

13 hours ago, EastCoast50 said:

UPDATE

This week -- after around 40 days --  he was removed from intubation and received a trach.

He is being transferred to a rehab facility out of state. 

Long recovery ahead, but he is still alive. 

Very happy to hear this.  Sounds like the thoughts and prayers are working!  Hoping for a great outcome...

Saw him on Friday for the first time in almost three months. He's alive. He looks and sounds good. Positive thoughts.