Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

People think they've got it tough...

Timmah!

• Member ID:  26443
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5924
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50677
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

This is a fun family outing for this family:  

Edited by Timmah!

• Timmah! changed the title to People think they've got it tough...

• Member ID:  989
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  261
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  17977
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Achievement Points:  131729
  • Days Won:  251
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946
  • Device:  Windows

We never really see how a large part of the world lives and tries to survive.

• Member ID:  28832
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  366
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1973

My fuure wife is of turkish origin. Before Corona, we went to Turkey to visit her family.

They showed me where she grew up, and HOW she grew up.

A small village in the mountains, at the meanwhile 95% empty since most of the people moved to cities.

The house she grew up is made of clay, without water connection and her father (second husband of her mother) installed 1 phase a few years ago. A fireplace gives warmth wich goes out sometimes during the night.

In front of the house is the main fireplace. There is the biggest part o all cooking aktivities. And peolpe believe me, it is unimportant what they cook or grill. It all tastes incredible.

When we went there, I had a longer walk around the village. I didn't her anything. No cars, no planes, no nating. I think I heard an ant farting. It was such a silence. 

The way arabic people /turkey people cook is very simple but tasty and, belive it or not, very healthy. Things / methods which are use in middle ages become poular again in our civil life. People seaching for them, but don't see, that some cultures still know and practice them.

They practice a different way to celebrate their meals. Sit on the bottom is as normal as eating with fingers. There's nothing to make fun of it, since it's their way to live. And I like it.

My future wife's moter has given us a plot of land so when we retire wi will move to Turkey. The climate is better than here in germany. We want to build a house on that plot and I will probably continue to maintain the house which my wifes parants have build in the mountains. 
Below you can see the village and the surroundings

Edited by KamikazePit

I like the quietude & connection to the land for sustenance.  Learned to appreciate this on my father's family farm.

• Member ID:  28832
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  366
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1973

5 minutes ago, Timmah! said:

I like the quietude & connection to the land for sustenance.  Learned to appreciate this on my father's family farm.

I've learned so much about the turkish culture, their relation to food / meals and solving problems which oly modern people have. 

In the big city (Eskisehir) it's a very diffrent world in the same land. Everything reminded me of the USA. Reclame, wide streets, the vegetation... and so much more.

When we landed by plane in Ankara, coming outside the airport building, first ting I tought: Wow, back in the USA.

• Member ID:  28695
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  3404
  • Days Won:  1

Nice! I like the long intro with multiple shots setup showing them getting there on the bike. And that radio! Sweet! The way the kids faces light up when the tunes start...haha! 

On 10/13/2021 at 6:51 PM, Timmah! said:

Yeah man! A couple baitfish, some turmeric, some bread, all cooked by a small fire...love it. Thanks for sharing. Perspective and whatnot.

23 minutes ago, ShadyBrady said:

Nice! I like the long intro with multiple shots setup showing ...

Remove the superfluous, & savor the  agrestic immersion; contemplating & performing the tasks at hand, then the fruits of one's labours. His followers send him simple, utilitarian gifts which he records opening. It's humbling, the genuine gratitude for that which we mostly take for granted.  His love for his children is heartening. 

Edited by Timmah!

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6416
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Achievement Points:  54322
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965

We tend to complicate "living" ourselves...I was born with out wealth and never had any desire for it...Give me the basics to live and I would be happy...These people here are Blessed even if not only for this video they made (simple)...Great post !

1 hour ago, loaderXI said:

We tend to complicate "living" ourselves...I was born with out wealth and never had any desire for it...Give me the basics to live and I would be happy...These people here are Blessed even if not only for this video they made (simple)...Great post !

My mom is German, having survived Ww2 as a child; death, disease, destruction...foraging for food in bombed-out root cellars...fleeing the Russians at the end.  She worked hard in whatever she did & was one of the most truly strong people I've  ever known.  Stronger than my hard-scrabble, country tough dad who managed to return from tours in 'nam.  Appreciation for whatever she had.  Can't recall much ever bothering her, & that at some level, my dad feared her.  =D. Some of my friends' German parents & grandparents who also experienced that war were likewise immensely strong, kind & generous; with a deep strain of empathy.  I feel for people who don't know what they have. My friend's paternal uncle Horst was captured by the Russians & related stories of his experiences.  A man of the most sincere humility & quiet strength.  People don't know what they have, because they've  never...not.

Edited by Timmah!