Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Insurgency Ban Appeal

• Member ID:  29205
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  19
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

This appeal and its replies are in a public forum and can be seen by all.

1. What server were you banned from?: Insurgency FF=ON, but i cant join
  2. When did you get banned?: Im not completely sure but probably 2 days
  3. What was your in-game name?: and still is (arg) Olli Dart KEYDROP
  4. What is your game STEAM ID (if known): STEAM_0:0:202884873
  5. Why do you think you were banned?: Probably because of a situation with a guy saying racist things wich when I was warning him to stop I was on rage and I accidentally said the word that he said with was the N word, it was my First Punishment for bad behaviourand Im sorry, wasntmyintention

Also wanted to say that if I got banned it was probably because of lack of context knowledge, since there were more than one guy speaking when I said that and tat could lead to a staff confussion and more than one ban

• Member ID:  27909
  • Group:  ++ Insurgency Admin
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  495

Hello Olli dart

Since I was the one who banned you, it is only fair that I reply to you. 

As fair as I was concerned and as far as I heard this right, you were the one that asked rather suggestive racist questions through the mic. And as far as I heard this correctly, you also raged on me for being called out for it by me and [psy]riceboy, saying that if I find this offensive that I should quit the game.  I also gave you a chance to speak out through the mic, I gave you a chance to explain on what you just said, I said through the mic: "can you explain yourself?"  but you refused to explain yourself and you remain quiet. So given you did not wanted to answer, I decided that I had no other option but to ban you.

However, I do remenber that there were like 4-5 people talking/screaming through the mic... The fact that there was also someone online that evening that was being psychotic or on drugs, that also did not do my work any favors. 

I will discuss this with the rest of the admin crew and I will let you know. 

Edited by Alphanoob
Awards

• Member ID:  27916
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  389
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  2486
  • Device:  Windows

Alpha

I trust your judgement on the Ban. You have my support on whatever decision you recommend or make.

On 10/23/2021 at 4:57 PM, Alphanoob said:

Hello Olli dart

Since I was the one who banned you, it is only fair that I reply to you. 

As fair as I was concerned and as far as I heard this right, you were the one that asked rather suggestive racist questions through the mic. And as far as I heard this correctly, you also raged on me for being called out for it by me and [psy]riceboy, saying that if I find this offensive that I should quit the game.  I also gave you a chance to speak out through the mic, I gave you a chance to explain on what you just said, I said through the mic: "can you explain yourself?"  but you refused to explain yourself and you remain quiet. So given you did not wanted to answer, I decided that I had no other option but to ban you.

However, I do remenber that there were like 4-5 people talking/screaming through the mic... The fact that there was also someone online that evening that was being psychotic or on drugs, that also did not do my work any favors. 

I will discuss this with the rest of the admin crew and I will let you know. 

As you said sir, there were multiple guys screaming at the moment, since there was a Game situation, and a Mic spaming situation, I dont think is completely viable to be specting a quick answer, since because of all those people talking it wouldnt be possible to recognize if you were talking directly to me, as I said, that fact plus the situation that I was playing at that moment, make it really hard to understand you, and the racist thing, even if what I said could be considered racist? it was really subjective, since I literally insulted "that insult" so I literally said something anti racist, and made fun of joe Biden, thing that is also anti racism

As I said in the other post, the ban is justified since you technically did your duty? like it surely wasnt your intention to do an unjustified ban, but since you had lack of context or at least atention to what I said you might go wrong, I just would like to get unbanned, this was my first punishment, and it was a really weird and not objective situation, just would like to be able to play again on these servers, now I wont be spreading anti racist Ideals, I learned thats wrong aparently.

• Member ID:  27909
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  495

Olli Dart.

I can understand your frustration with the whole situation 

Barron and other senior admins are already researching the situation 

I am not going to unban you until the senior admins tell me so.  This is according to the rules lay out for me.

Also, if it is true you wanted to be anti-racist, you should not fight with others on the voice chat to begin with. If you hear someone saying racist things, poke me first on the all chat and let the admin handle that dude. The more people start debating with a racist fellow through the voice chat, the more noise it adds and the more likely a mistake can happen from an admin. Because stuff can become lost in translation. 

Fighting a racist fellow is an admins job, not yours, nor the job of quite a few others. 

Also, if your speech was suppose to be anti racist. Do you happen to know the name of the racist fellow that you were debating with?

So, once again, I understand your frustration but solving out this situation takes time.

Edited by Alphanoob
Awards

18 hours ago, Alphanoob said:

Olli Dart.

I can understand your frustration with the whole situation 

Barron and other senior admins are already researching the situation 

I am not going to unban you until the senior admins tell me so.  This is according to the rules lay out for me.

Also, if it is true you wanted to be anti-racist, you should not fight with others on the voice chat to begin with. If you hear someone saying racist things, poke me first on the all chat and let the admin handle that dude. The more people start debating with a racist fellow through the voice chat, the more noise it adds and the more likely a mistake can happen from an admin. Because stuff can become lost in translation. 

Fighting a racist fellow is an admins job, not yours, nor the job of quite a few others. 

Also, if your speech was suppose to be anti racist. Do you happen to know the name of the racist fellow that you were debating with?

So, once again, I understand your frustration but solving out this situation takes time.

Thank you for being so polite, as a guy who most of the time just play, no talk and no commands, I wasnt aware  about the fact that there was an admin in the server, and I also didsnt know and Still dont know if there is any admin calling command, but as I heard that man saying that kinds of things that I also dont really remember as well as his name, it happened kinda long ago and I was more worried about getting unbanned from a server that I played the most xD than remembering that guy name,  I know it wasnt my job but at a situation like that at least if you are kinda like me (impulsive) you dont really think too much,  just would like to get unbanned, at this point if I deserved that ban I wouldnt be still after all this days  trying to apeal

• Member ID:  375
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  92
  • Topic Count:  384
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4062
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  37131
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  06/01/1970
  • Device:  iPhone

Thank you all for your input 

As it’s a racist comment ban I’ll get the senior admin team to make a decision on this . 

Edited by EDD THE DUCK

• Member ID:  375
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  92
  • Topic Count:  384
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4062
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  37131
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  06/01/1970
  • Device:  iPhone

Hi Olli Dart. your ban will be lifted . I've informed the insurgency admin team . if you have trouble getting in please contact an insurgency admin. 

just be careful what you say in the server . we keep all records and i do not want to see you mentioned again.