Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Lets talk about Health !

loaderXI

• Member ID:  23
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1828
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16039
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960
  • Device:  Windows

2 hours ago, TheLastColdBeer said:

Had to look on my phone, it isn't like I take pictures of everything I do.

20210717_121955.jpg

20210620_091609.jpg

20210925_123951.jpg

Hey Real Men don't eat Quiche but give me a big ol Chili and Cheese or Maple Ham and Cheese Omelette and some Sourdough Toast and I am a player. Also any Blackberry Pie or a really well done Apple or Peach Pie with some quality Vanilla Ice cream and I will finish it off. I will be happy to send you my address if you can figure out how to ship some of those pies to my house without them breaking up in transit. Baking is too strict for me because I don't really follow recipes when I cook and with baking if you don't do it just right you might get really bad results. My wife has self admitted OCD and is a excellent baker just has a limited list of things she likes to bake/eat and she hates berries if you follow my drift. I will say though that a Quiche can last for days and makes a good breakfast on the run even cold and is much better for you than most items you can grab on the drive to work.

• Member ID:  489
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4668
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41007
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

I bake out of my wife's recipe books. Lori loved cheese bakes, and when you hose them down with Tabasco, they hit the spot. Good way to honor her memory, and it makes the kitchen smell wonderful.

• Member ID:  2208
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  301
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3601
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  37500
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  06/09/1963

I still eat everything,,just use diff ingriedients,,I have pie,,almond flour coc nut flour crust,,I dont use sugar I use erytheral etc...I dont miss anything

Food is an addiction many ppl have the hardest time getting past. Sugare feeds cancer,,its as hard as stopping cocian or heroin

On 12/30/2021 at 12:11 AM, Timmah! said:

A simple search for “foods to avoid with diverticulitis” or “what not to eat for diverticulitis” will show you nuts and seeds, corn and popcorn.

You will also find recommendations to avoid seeds in fruits and vegetables like tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, strawberries and raspberries.

In fact, for years we’ve been taught these foods can literally get stuck in diverticula, causing irritation and eventually diverticulitis.

But this theory has never been proven, and research actually shows no link.

A large study in 47,228 men found no associations with nut, corn, or popcorn consumption and diverticulitis, after 18 years of follow-up (20, 21).

In saying that, anecdotal evidence (patient reports) consistently suggests that seeds are an issue, such as sesame seeds on a bread roll.

So evidence is really a mixed bag, it might be better to err on the side of caution and avoid seeds at least. I wish I could give a more concrete recommendation but there really is no consensus at this stage.

Summary: Nuts, seeds, corn, popcorn and fruits and vegetables with seeds may be safe to eat with diverticular disease, but the current scientific evidence clashes with patient reports. It might be a good idea to avoid seeds just in case.

https://www.dietvsdisease.org/diverticulitis-diet/?gclid=CjwKCAiA8bqOBhANEiwA-sIlN2ZqKSLHltSSzRm5DmY07oOLmzKnetRD75ZMcLiLusqy-q27yVy72RoCyTcQAvD_BwE

I Have a friend with this issue and her doctor said to avoid seeds,,she has and no flare up,,I think the difference is in what causes and what gives flare up or make it worse.

• Member ID:  26443
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5923
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50670
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

8 minutes ago, BlackRose said:

A simple search for “foods to avoid with diverticulitis” or “what not to eat for diverticulitis” will show you nuts and seeds, corn and popcorn.

You will also find recommendations to avoid seeds in fruits and vegetables like tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, strawberries and raspberries.

In fact, for years we’ve been taught these foods can literally get stuck in diverticula, causing irritation and eventually diverticulitis.

But this theory has never been proven, and research actually shows no link.

A large study in 47,228 men found no associations with nut, corn, or popcorn consumption and diverticulitis, after 18 years of follow-up (20, 21).

In saying that, anecdotal evidence (patient reports) consistently suggests that seeds are an issue, such as sesame seeds on a bread roll.

So evidence is really a mixed bag, it might be better to err on the side of caution and avoid seeds at least. I wish I could give a more concrete recommendation but there really is no consensus at this stage.

Summary: Nuts, seeds, corn, popcorn and fruits and vegetables with seeds may be safe to eat with diverticular disease, but the current scientific evidence clashes with patient reports. It might be a good idea to avoid seeds just in case.

https://www.dietvsdisease.org/diverticulitis-diet/?gclid=CjwKCAiA8bqOBhANEiwA-sIlN2ZqKSLHltSSzRm5DmY07oOLmzKnetRD75ZMcLiLusqy-q27yVy72RoCyTcQAvD_BwE

I Have a friend with this issue and her doctor said to avoid seeds,,she has and no flare up,,I think the difference is in what causes and what gives flare up or make it worse.

If you were to read the Mayo Clinic article I linked, it clarifies & updates that belief that nuts cause diverticulitis; it specifically says that the newest results from several studies in recent years shows that nuts do not cause the condition, as previously thought.

• Member ID:  389
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  290
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  4407
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  36061
  • Days Won:  38
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

things to keep in mind of your health. 

other things around you and not notice or see, effects your life.

Environmental Site Assessment

......like Mold, Radon Gas, home was a grow-op or house is built-on was a  nuclear /  hazardous waste site.

Xtreme eg. methane gas from all that beer farting , "  methane can reduce the amount of oxygen breathed from the air. This can result in mood changes, slurred speech, vision problems, memory loss, nausea, vomiting, facial flushing and headache. In severe cases, there may be changes in breathing and heart rate, balance problems, numbness, and unconsciousness. "

Edited by KaptCrunch

18 hours ago, TheLastColdBeer said:

Had to look on my phone, it isn't like I take pictures of everything I do.

20210717_121955.jpg

20210620_091609.jpg

20210925_123951.jpg

sure it wans't the wifes phone pic's shown her girl friends 

J/K nice bake work TLCB  looks tasty 

7 hours ago, Timmah! said:

If you were to read the Mayo Clinic article I linked, it clarifies & updates that belief that nuts cause diverticulitis; it specifically says that the newest results from several studies in recent years shows that nuts do not cause the condition, as previously thought.

yes but patients have suggested other wise,,that was my point..and not causing but making it worse

i think i hear a cash register ringing bells 

• Member ID:  26443
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5923
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50670
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971

1 hour ago, BlackRose said:

yes but patients have suggested other wise,,that was my point..and not causing but making it worse

Dunno

@Tim

prime example how the world money works

the scandal behind liars of motherrisk

i seen with my own eys the powers to be........ were  dishonest to fill thier pockets with no regard of human life  

Controversy opens the the cash flow while the Dr. had the last word through medical papers ......2  dishonest people with hand in pocket book and rest of the readers got BS

your body knows best for everyone is different 

i not need a paper to tell me 

shame people rely on BS and Controversy drowns truth

listen to your body  cos were unique

Edited by KaptCrunch

• Member ID:  1238
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  6082
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Achievement Points:  50713
  • Days Won:  11

On 12/29/2021 at 2:34 PM, loaderXI said:

Well some know I have been on a journey and have shared some findings with those close to me here...

From cancer to heart problems and lung problems...I have searched high and low for years for answers...We are all getting older and have children and Grandchildren coming up behind us and truth is it is to them we owe this knowledge even if it is to late for ourselves...This journey has led me down so many paths that I have more regrets in raising my own children the way I did...

First thing first I wish to give a warning to everyone on some research that has been done in the medical field and is not being talked about to the general public...***Mercury and High Fructose Corn Syrup*** I could give links to both medical and Government findings and receipts but I always tell everyone to search for themselves and expect no one to simply believe my findings...However I beg each and everyone of you to do the work of researching for you and your loved ones... ( If needed I can lead you in the right direction )

Second is ***Vitamin D and the lack of*** this vital "hormone" and the cause and effect...With technology advancing in our homes and work/schooling places we are being less and less exposed to proper sunshine and this effect is very broad from weak immune systems to learning disorders/dependencies and a whole host of long term effects over ones life time that become horrific...

Third is seeds and ***why we should not eat seeds*** as we do...Seeds by nature have a casing that assures they can lay in a permanent state of readiness to sprout...As we all know the acid in our stomachs can not break down these casings and they are the leading cause of cancers in ones digestive track...Seeds are naturally clingy and as such with out a high fiber diet they become stuck to the lining of your digestive tract and your stomach walls where your body will attempt to protect itself by encapsulating them "cyst" there by reducing your body from being able to absorb proper nutrients it needs...Think of your stomach as a colander and after every hole is blocked even water can not pass through...

These are critical things I have listed and there are plenty more that I will get into later if there is interest from this thread...Everything I speak of here or that which may appear to be a suggestion to ones health must be taken up with your Doctor or Healthcare provider...Just I ask that you remember that no one knows your health better then you...

I look forward to your responses here because there is so much more to share and frankly I care...I am aware this is a gaming website and that we are family and should be able to help each other attempt to be healthy for ourselves and loved ones...

It is our responsibility to pass this knowledge down to our youth and family members...

***Designates key search words***

There is an acknowledged vitamin D deficit in the population here that has been worsened by government lockdowns. I follow government advice to take 10 micrograms per day in pill form.

Dietary advice to diabetics and the general population is to eat a varied diet including seeds and nuts. I love both and, until a sunflower pops out of my a**e, I intend to keep eating them.

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6416
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Achievement Points:  54322
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965

On 1/2/2022 at 4:30 AM, DEEJAYKEG said:

There is an acknowledged vitamin D deficit in the population here that has been worsened by government lockdowns. I follow government advice to take 10 micrograms per day in pill form.

Dietary advice to diabetics and the general population is to eat a varied diet including seeds and nuts. I love both and, until a sunflower pops out of my a**e, I intend to keep eating them.

It is not the content of the seed but rather the casing (chaff) that we should not eat...Of course the smaller the seed the most likely it will not get processed in the stomach...The very same people who make a claim that there is no evidence that seeds cause any kind of health risk have approved HFCS,s in the foods we are consuming and that is why there is a mixed source of information...

The pharmaceutical companies have no interest in people being healthy so they themselves block a lot of real information from the consumers themselves...I had a real good friend who had developed colon cancer who was a huge sunflower eater and a Naval WW11 Veteran and his doctors assured him the cause was in fact the amount of his consumption but not the sunflower seed itself, if it had been moderate who knows...That cancer took his life

If you look at how some seeds for consumption purposes are processed such as brown rice you will find there is a process for removing the chaff to allow it to be consumed...This is one example of many

Seeds and nuts are high in fiber with many source vitamins...I myself avoid them and use "Moringa"...Moringa is packed with 7 times more potassium then bananas...7 times more vitamin C then a orange...36 times the amount of magnesium in eggs, 50 times more vitamin B3 than peanuts and 50 times more vitamin B2 than bananas and over 45 antioxidants

• Member ID:  6247
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5422
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for the info, let's add to this discussion the dangers of pesticides and herbicides that are like...  everywhere.  Organic foods are best, avoid junk food, and for the love of life, do NOT use roundup!    Cave man days we humans lived to about 30 if we were lucky.  But if we take good care of ourselves, eat right, get exercise, so on and so forth, we just might live to 100!  STAY AWAY FROM JUNK FOOD as much as possible, you go to a grocery story and it is everwhere, tempting us to buy it, eat it, serve it to our kids... no wonder so many folks have diabetes, cancer, get strokes...   Now off to eat my chocolate bar and drink my wine 🙂  oops...  🌍

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6416
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Achievement Points:  54322
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965

2 minutes ago, Majbasil said:

Now off to eat my chocolate bar and drink my wine

Dark chocolate and red wine are very healthy for you...Red wine contains "lycopene" ! Lycopene is another must have in ones diet and is commonly found in the tomato (red meat fruit)...However tomato's are very acidic and you would need to eat far to many to benefit from it and likely rot your teeth away 😬

• Member ID:  26786
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1618
  • Days Won:  1
  • Device:  iPhone

Thanks so much!!  I'm an avid "food as medicine" person and have eliminated so much from my diet, eating only whole foods and clean pastured proteins and wild fish (non mercury that is).  Had no idea about seeds and will actively be filling me awareness.....a big help to me my friend....many thanks!  So glad you're here with us 🙂