Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Fallout 4 Trouble Win10 & Win11

Cylon

• Member ID:  2447
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  306
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2172
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1993
  • Device:  Windows

Alright so this is unfortunately a long and semi detailed story just because my memory sucks but here we go.  

Fallout 4, I bought it about a year after release played the hell out of it, my character is level 76 on my save (At this time the game ran as good as any Bethesda game would).  Stopped playing it for about 2 years and about a year ago I wanted to pick it back up and play.  I installed it back onto my computer, at this time I had windows 10 still installed and fallout is in my steam UI.

So when I launch the game and no matter what settings I choose in the launch panel it will get into menu load up my save and crash anywhere from  15 seconds - 20 minutes.  I then went through uninstalls/reinistalls of the game, used DDU to uninstall and reinstall GPU drivers.  Made sure my chipset drivers were correct, updated my bios, took care of criticals and errors in my event viewer logs, I installed the .ini drivers for my monitor instead of using the microsoft generic pnp drivers.  disconnected my other monitors, ran my primary through hdmi, lowered it to 60hz, modded the .ini of fallout 4 to match, changed nvidia control panel settings, I've ran it on different monitors.

I took out ram modules, ran memtest, disconnected multiple nvme drives except for the boot drive, I rebooted multiple times into safe modes to install .ini drivers for the monitor since they weren't technically signed by microsoft.  

Then I reloaded my OS to 11 because it's been about a year and a half and I usually reload my OS at least once every 2 years.  I work in IT as a systems analyst so I like figuring stuff out and wanted to play with windows 11, (mixed feelings so far, not terrible but needs some quality of life/ease of access to certain programs/apps and more customizability).

Once I installed windows 11 pro, I installed all the chipset drivers needed, installed gpu driver and fallout only.  Still got the same exact problem.  I went into bios and made changes to my DOCP as well to see if that would make any changes.   I then went through all of my previous trouble shooting again in windows 11.  I've been in contact with Bethesda for about a month and a half now going back and forth with information.  

I installed it all to my wife's PC and used my save file on her computer, everything ran perfectly without crashing for multiple hours.

So since it works perfectly fine on her computer, but doesn't work on mine and I went through multiple reloads it would look like it's specifically hardware but I've already went through the process of elimination.

I feel like I've hit a brick wall, If anyone else might have any ideas let me know lol.  

Her PC is a basic budget build put together which spare parts.

AMD 3200G

B550 Board

GTX 950 

16GB 2666 Ram

512GB NVME Samsung

750W PSU

1080P 60Hz monitor

My computer has

AMD 3600

X570 Gaming - F

GTX 2070 Super

48GB 3000Mhz Ram

850W PSU

1x 1440p 144hz 27in, 2x 1080p 60hz 22in

1x 512GB WD Black Nvme, 1x 1TB Intel Nvme, 1x 1TB Samsung

Fallout Prefs.png

MsInfo 1-6-22.txt Event Viewer.evtx DxDiag.txt

• Member ID:  389
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  290
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  4407
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  36061
  • Days Won:  38
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970
  • Device:  Android

what version you rolling? 1.3  FEBRUARY 9, 2016

OS: WINDOWS 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10PROCESSOR: 2.5GHZ INTEL PENTIUM 4 / AMD ATHLON 64RAM: 1GB, DISK SPACE: 250MB

or

The goal of the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch (aka UFO4P) is to eventually fix every bug with Fallout 4 not officially resolved by the developers to the limits of the Creation Kit and community-developed tools, in one easy-to-install package

Edited by KaptCrunch

on   TS  ?  window of time?    me  sunday late afternoon 

• Member ID:  22889
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  348
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  2824
  • Days Won:  1

had problems with daughters games with Win 10 and mine when Origin went tits up, for some reason  c+c visual  redistributal shows it has loaded latest but hasnt, try reloading latest Visual latest from MS heres a link for it

https://www.itechtics.com/microsoft-visual-c-redistributable-versions-direct-download-links/#microsoft-visual-c-2019-redistributable

• Member ID:  29464
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  2307

wow

Krackennutz   yeah i forget about MS  Visual Studio for older games 

good to keep that updated 

We can try to do something Sunday if you want, I have a couple chores to do then we can go at it.

I installed the Redistributables, I was missing one of them but everything else is good to go.  I've never actually modded fallout 4 specifically.

I sent them more information and all they told me to do was uninstall steam and the game lol.  Like I went through an OS reload, that's not going to do anything lol. 

The longest I've been able to run the game is about 20 minutes and managed that by turning off the LS Nvidia Container service under Services.