Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Life in the western Maryland mountains

EastCoast50

• Member ID:  25026
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  530
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  7124
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  9
  • Device:  Windows

I've lived and worked in the urban and suburban environment bordering Washington, D.C., at the Delaware beach and for over 11 years now in the rural western Maryland mountains. Each are different and have challenges, but I believe living nearly 2000 feet above mean sea level has the most. The views, wilderness and wildlife are amazing ... and has some things that most people never get to experience. Black bears, coyotes, bobcats, wild turkey, rattlesnakes ... fishing, hiking, off-roading, shooting sports ... it's all in the hills and FAR away from politics and over-population.

All of these videos and photos were taken at the two different properties that I've owned since moving here. 

Side note: Maryland is a politically corrupt state, but the western counties don't play well with the rest of the state. 🙂  

Edited by EastCoast50
Additional information

• Member ID:  26443
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5964
  • Content Per Day:  2.52
  • Achievement Points:  51029
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

Love losing/finding myself there.

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5088
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  44663
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

I live in a 1 1/2 story house that was built in 1845 on a 1 acre lot in a small town of 126 people.  I'm at 1,964 feet and on the North Eastern slope of Allegheny mountain. Mountain top just above us is 2,700 feet. Lots of Bears, wild Turkey, White tail Deer and WAY to damn many Coyotes. You should hear the big bastards up on the mountain on a warm summer night. Sounds like a giant Dog orgy or something.

These are not your typical Coyotes either. They are Hybrid Canadian/Great Lakes Eastern Wolf and Coyote. Often called a "coywolf".  They can get as large as a medium sized German Sheppard. My neighbor hunts them for Pelts and he always has 30-40 pelts hanging in his garage at any given time. The bastards killed and drug off 1 of the neighbors dogs and a bunch of Cats and there are absolutely Zero wild rabbits or Squirrels and our Deer population gets smaller and smaller every year even though the State has issued "No Bag Limit" and No Restrictions. PA had a Bounty on Eastern Coyotes up until PA Governor Tom "fucking worthless" Wolf removed it late last year.

Still it is absolutely beautiful where I live. I Love the mountains and the Mountain Life.     

• Member ID:  989
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  18130
  • Content Per Day:  3.47
  • Achievement Points:  132861
  • Days Won:  263
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946