TheLastColdBeer

Four braid weave

Used to love playing with rope, for shortenings and riggings, boating and kite flying. It always fascinated me what people could come up with just using a line & a loop. Stopped doing it after my Aunt died, but after laying flowers out at my wife's grave, and seeing wreaths on the other monuments, I tried it again. Very surprised my hands remembered how. Here's the wreath I wove yesterday, and the hitch to shorten in around Lori's flower base.

20220321_175558.jpg

20220322_074518.jpg

5 hours ago, BUDMAN said:

Tell them the truth TBB, you can't bend over that far... :cheers: 

So no peanut butter for him eh?, luckily you still seem supple looking at your surfing picture 😂

Tying the double wall knots was the kicker, it reminded me no matter how many times you do it wrong, you can just rip it back out & start over. Finally remembered the technique, and got those right. The crowns were easy, I was making it too hard, and it came back in a rush how to lay them over & cinch them tight....d'oh! 

If you can find a copy, this book makes for great reading, or go to gutenberg.org & look up Hyatt Verrill. The old sailors really knew their craft.

Ashley.jpg