Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Important message for my fellow gardening Idiots:

Timmah!

• Member ID:  26443
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5923
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50670
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

TLDR:  If you do one thing for your garden, get this!  Seriously. You can thank me later, at the end of your harvest season  😃 :     SERIOUSLY.   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TFSK9M/ref=crt_ewc_title_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A15AXJKB818ZDJ

or this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003STB5N6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Synopsis:   Beneficial fungi known as Mycorrhizae have evolved alongside plant for at least 400,000,000 years or so.  90% of ALL plant life on the planet are in relationship with at least one species of mycorrhizae.  Plants have evolved structures within their roots to host these fungi & a system to determine if to allow & the nature of that relationship.  These fungi protect plants, bringing them nutrients out of their reach; they break-down nutrients to make them useable to plants, they warn all plants hooked into the massive network of existing dangers through the same mycelial network;; if a plant 1/4 mile away is being attacked by aphids, that plant will release chemical stress signals that will be transported along the network to all connected plants, enabling them to prepare.  There's even insects that have concurrently evolved to read these signals & follow them to their source for an easy meal... predatory aphid-eating wasps, being an example.  The fungi also make the plant more resistant to insect attack & other organisms such as fungal & bacterial attack.  They also protect the plant from absorbing toxins, up to & including heavy metals:  The mycorrhizal network will capture & isolate these dangerous metals & even pesticides to mitigate or prevent harm to it's plant hosts.  The fungi also provide water availability, bringing that along the network, distributing it to the plants in need.  Especially useful for tomato gardeners, protecting against the dreaded cat facing, blossom-end rot, splitting..etc.  They help assuage the negative impact of the most stressful events for plants: Transplant shock.  The fungi do all this because they've evolved to depend on the plants in the network for their very survival.  What the plant gives them for all this help & protection is some carbohydrates for sustenance.  It's a win-win for all involved.  Fungi will even take some excess sugars from one plant & deliver it to another in need.  They are gardeners & guardians in that they protect & feed all in the network, their life depends on it.  While plants can only spread roots so far & even then only absorb nutrients from a relatively small area of their roots....mycorrhizae can cover vast areas, with all the entire length of their hyphae able to process nutrients... and at a much-smaller level than plants can...literally at a more-granular level.  Plants wouldn't have been able to colonize the extent of earth they have if not for these critical symbiants.  If you want markedly healthier plants with considerable increase in average yields, these are a must.  Singularly top of the list.  Whether you're growing flowers, fruits, vegetables, ornamentals...your hedges...trees....grass....any plant will benefit in many ways; noticeably so!  Call it nature's 'Dark Web'....analogously so in that 90% of the internet is invisible & global, too.

Although I don't use their product, this video nicely illustrates the concept:  https://youtu.be/WttRfhRHsLo

And this is another fantastic illustration; actual video of the relationship in-process:  https://youtu.be/PpQsFjEIQUM

If you would like any further explanation or help, suggestions, feel free to contact me.  😃

Again, I can't understate the value & importance of the benefits for any plant, even your lawn.

Edited by Timmah!

A more in-depth, yet easily digestible exposition:  

• Member ID:  2056
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1071
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  9313
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/17/1960
  • Device:  Windows

18 hours ago, Timmah! said:

A more in-depth, yet easily digestible exposition:  

Sold for around 200$ for 1,8 oz on the French Amazon website! Lol! :pc: Thks anyway for the tip!

2 hours ago, VHS2 said:

Sold for around 200$ for 1,8 oz on the French Amazon website! Lol! :pc: Thks anyway for the tip!

You can buy here for around $20.00 U.S.

Surely there are reasonable prices to be found for you...

If nothing else...I can mail you a bag I buy here in the U.S.

It only needs to be applied once to the soil around the plant; either in the form of granules, or a drench of water-soluble powder to a garden or lawn.

• Member ID:  433
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2305
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  23813
  • Days Won:  35
  • Birthday:  05/28/1957
  • Device:  Macintosh

This is the legume inoculant I’ve used likely 10-15 different growing seasons. Not really sure it worked for me. I started using it 40 year’s ago but have since stopped. I have not noticed anything special about this one. Again it’s specific to legumes 

194994A1-A7BD-4173-9F0A-19636E1EDF3A.png

• Member ID:  809
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2833
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  20364
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/25/1979
  • Device:  Windows

the largest and oldest living organism is the ........What is larger than a whale and bigger than an elephant? A mushroom! Armillaria ostoyae, commonly known as the honey mushroom, is bigger than both animals and is considered the largest and oldest organism on Earth. The mushroom covers 3,726563 m2 of Malheur National Forest, Oregon, and is estimated to be around 8,650 years old.   https://www.bibalex.org/SCIplanet/en/Article/Details?id=13515.  the mycilium network is  the most complex series of natural connections. it basically connects all  plants. Fungus aand mushrooms ARE this network.