Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Prayers for my hometown Buffalo NY

AlphaDog

• Member ID:  27243
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  1377
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/22/1962
  • Device:  Windows

Please send prayers for the families of the senseless tragedy today in my hometown of Buffalo, NY. Such a sad and tragic day! 😢💔😢💔

Awards

Awards

• Member ID:  22347
  • Followers:  65
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  4148
  • Birthday:  08/29/1985
  • Device:  Android

20 minutes ago, AlphaDog said:

Please send prayers for the families of the senseless tragedy today in my hometown of Buffalo, NY. Such a sad and tragic day! 😢💔😢💔

II'm from Buffalo NY too . thats cool i didn't know you were from there . 

• Member ID:  22347
  • Followers:  65
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  4148
  • Birthday:  08/29/1985

Prayers for everyone involved 🙏 ❤️ 🙏❤️

38 minutes ago, Lady Asylumn said:

II'm from Buffalo NY too . thats cool i didn't know you were from there . 

Yes , live outside Buffalo in Lancaster....

Awards

• Member ID:  2128
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1042
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  22317
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/06/1955

I grew up in Buffalo and now live in North Tonawanda. I am so sad about this I pray for  them all.

• Member ID:  23616
  • Group:  + COD5 Moderator
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  794
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  6869
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  12/03/1965

oo noo  i just saw it on youtube,  the world is going crazy  :( 

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

OMG I just read about that and watched it. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE FUCKING PEOPLE!!!!!

The sick twisted fuck live streamed it to Twitch\.Tv as he was doing it. Luckily it was removed within a couple of hours. The just drove up to the front door and got out and started shooting at people point blank.

There are a few sites that still have the video up. Truly Wish I wouldn't have watched that it. Sorry I will not share the link here. If you are seriously interested send me a PM but I warn you that you will seriously regret watching it.   

Edited by J3st3r

• Member ID:  989
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  261
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  17976
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Achievement Points:  131717
  • Days Won:  251
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946

• Member ID:  27327
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  2302
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/04/1971

Prayers for all involved. We live in a very sick world.

• Member ID:  24169
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  652
  • Birthday:  04/06/1997

prayers for everyone that was effected during this i was just reading about it. ❤️ 

• Member ID:  29074
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  63
  • Birthday:  12/04/1998

Prayers for all

• Member ID:  27340
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Achievement Points:  5463
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/11/1980
  • Device:  iPhone

I seen that on the news. Stay safe out there!

My town had a shooting downtown a few weeks ago. Left 12 injured and 6 dead.  Ended up being gang related. I think they caught most of them so far.

• Member ID:  23233
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2374
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  18819
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  08/11/1963

Prayers to all who suffering from this.

The question is why sick people and so young also could buy easily and legally weapons???

• Member ID:  6247
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  22
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5422

I am going to say it... GUNS SUCK.  Period.  Isn't it interesting that so many countries that do not have guns willy nilly do not seem to have this problem like we do in the good ole USA?  2 cents.  

How do US gun killings compare with other countries?

In 2020, 43% of the deaths - amounting to 19,384 people - were homicides, according to data from the CDC. The figure represents a 34% increase from 2019, and a 75% increase over the course of the previous decade.

Nearly 53 people are killed each day by a firearm in the US, according to the data.

The data also shows that the vast majority of murders, 79%, were carried out with guns.

That's a significantly larger proportion of homicides than is the case in Canada, Australia, England and Wales, and many other countries.

A graphic showing an international comparison of gun-related killings as a percentage of all homicides in each country. The US leads with nearly 79% of all homicides occurring with guns.

Are mass shootings becoming deadlier?

Deaths from the "mass shootings" that attract international attention, however, are harder to track.

While the country does not have a single definition for "mass shootings", the FBI has for over a decade tracked "active shooter incidents" in which "an individual actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a populated area".

According to the FBI, there were 345 "active shooter incidents" in the United States between 2000-2020, resulting in more than 1,024 deaths and 1,828 injuries.

The deadliest such attack, in Las Vegas in 2017, killed more than 50 people and left 500 wounded. The vast majority of mass shootings, however, leave fewer than 30 people dead.

Chart showing worst mass shootings in the US since 1991 with Las Vegas at the top. Updated 8 April 2021

Who supports gun control?

Despite widespread and vocal public outrage - often in the wake of gun violence - American support for stricter gun laws in 2020 fell to the lowest level since 2014, according to polling by Gallup.

Only 52% of Americans surveyed said they wanted stricter gun laws, while 35% said they should remain the same.

Eleven percent surveyed said laws should be "made less strict".

The issue is also one that is hyper-partisan and extremely divisive, falling largely along party lines.

"Democrats are nearly unanimous in their support for stricture gun laws," the same Gallup study noted, with nearly 91% in favour of stricter gun laws.

Only 24% Republicans, on the other hand, agreed with the same statement, along with 45% of Independent voters.

Chart showing attitudes to gun laws. Updated 8 April 2022

Some states have taken steps to ban or strictly regulate ownership of assault weapons. Laws vary by state but California, for example, has banned ownership of assault weapons with limited exceptions.

Map showing states with assault weapon restrictions, April 2022IMAGE SOURCE,AFP
Presentational white space

Some controls are widely supported by people across the political divide - such as restrictions governing the sale of guns to people who are mentally ill or on "watch" lists.

Who opposes gun control?

Despite years of financial woes and internal strife, the National Rifle Association (NRA) remains the most powerful gun lobby in the United States, with a substantial budget to influence members of Congress on gun policy.

In January, the NRA filed for bankruptcy as part of a fraud case against some of its own senior staff. Even after the move, it vowed to continue "confronting anti-Second Amendment activities, promoting firearm safety and training, and advancing public programs across the United States".

Over the last several election cycles, it, and other organisations, have consistently spent more on pro-gun rights messaging than their rivals in the gun control lobby.

Chart showing spending by gun rights and gun control groups. Updated 8 April 2021

A number of states have also gone as far as to largely eliminate restrictions on who can carry a gun. In June 2021, for example, Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed into law a "permitless carry bill" that allows the state's residents to carry handguns without a license or training.

Similarly, on 12 April Georgia became the 25th in the nation to eliminate the need for a permit to conceal or openly carry a firearm. The law means any citizen of that state has the right to carry a firearm without a licence or a permit.

The law was backed by the NRA, and leaders within the organisation called the move "a monumental moment for the Second Amendment".

• Member ID:  23233
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2374
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  18819
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  08/11/1963

since im canadian i dont say we are better  but why buying a gun at 18 is allowed and not alcoohol, im just asking questions.

alcoohol related death in US in 2020 is 10142. only permitted at 21 yrs most of states

gunfire related death in US in 2020 is  45222. permitted at 18 yrs..

whats making sense explain it to me...

• Member ID:  27340
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  717
  • Achievement Points:  5463
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/11/1980
  • Device:  iPhone

5 hours ago, Majbasil said:

I am going to say it... GUNS SUCK.  Period.  Isn't it interesting that so many countries that do not have guns willy nilly do not seem to have this problem like we do in the good ole USA?  2 cents.  

Sorry, ranting.. just my opinion. 

I see these type of statistics all the time. I've noticed over the years what is considered a 'mass shooting' has dropped in numbers. I assume to receive more attention on the news or possibly on how the act is carried out. Being that said, I do not mean that a small amount of people do not count, but then there are cities like Chicago that had just over 2,900 shootings in 2020 that are not labeled as such because the shooting did not occur all in one location.  Some cities are even worse than that, I only monitor Chicago's stats because I lived a 1/4 of my life there. 

I believe in gun rights. Gun laws only apply to those that abide by the law. Making more gun laws is only striping the legal gun owners. If someone is willing to randomly kill someone for no reason, they do not care about an additional gun charge on top of their murder charge. Make guns illegal, the avg citizen is the target. If they made all guns disappear, there would be more sword attacks.. if those was gone, more knife attacks and so forth.. Google how many wars their has been in the know history of the world... the is shit is baffling.. Just think if we spent 1/2 the time on advancing our species as we did trying to destroy it how much further we would be. :unknw:

Edited by Sikon

• Member ID:  24118
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1070
  • Achievement Points:  9940
  • Days Won:  11
  • Birthday:  01/23/1962

8 hours ago, Sikon said:

Sorry, ranting.. just my opinion. 

I see these type of statistics all the time. I've noticed over the years what is considered a 'mass shooting' has dropped in numbers. I assume to receive more attention on the news or possibly on how the act is carried out. Being that said, I do not mean that a small amount of people do not count, but then there are cities like Chicago that had just over 2,900 shootings in 2020 that are not labeled as such because the shooting did not occur all in one location.  Some cities are even worse than that, I only monitor Chicago's stats because I lived a 1/4 of my life there. 

I believe in gun rights. Gun laws only apply to those that abide by the law. Making more gun laws is only striping the legal gun owners. If someone is willing to randomly kill someone for no reason, they do not care about an additional gun charge on top of their murder charge. Make guns illegal, the avg citizen is the target. If they made all guns disappear, there would be more sword attacks.. if those was gone, more knife attacks and so forth.. Google how many wars their has been in the know history of the world... the is shit is baffling.. Just think if we spent 1/2 the time on advancing our species as we did trying to destroy it how much further we would be. :unknw:

You're exactly right.  New gun restrictions / laws will have NO impact on the scumbags that want to do people harm.  Criminals don't give a rats ass about laws of any kind.  All gun laws do is give some people a false sense of security and have absolutely no impact.  Gun grabbers will never go door to door in the US to confiscate guns.....they will have a rude awakening if that happens in this country.

• Member ID:  27768
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  924
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  7652

13 hours ago, major-mark63 said:

since im canadian i dont say we are better  but why buying a gun at 18 is allowed and not alcoohol, im just asking questions.

alcoohol related death in US in 2020 is 10142. only permitted at 21 yrs most of states

gunfire related death in US in 2020 is  45222. permitted at 18 yrs..

whats making sense explain it to me...

Totally agree with you on the alcohol age. Have always said if your old enough to go to war  , you are old enough to drink.  As far as illegal guns, after checking the internet for stats, Canadas  shootings are up 35% and are climbing for 2022 all attributed to illegal guns from the states.  Percentage is a lot lower than U.S. but then our population is 10 times Canadas. Dont know how that works out with the percentages but illegal guns are not just a U.S. problem.   There is merit for some gun control as the kid from Buffalo used a legally bought gun. He was also sighted and evaluated in the past  for his racist beliefs. Should have been a red flag there somewhere. Being born and raised in Buffalo my thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their family.  There are no words I can to say change what happenned. It is just horrible as to what people have become today.

• Member ID:  27522
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1887
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Achievement Points:  13215
  • Days Won:  11
  • Birthday:  07/22/1951

Very sad. Who raised these kids? Too much planning was done to be a mental problem unless born a physco. Instantaneous media coverage and splash tries to make this seem like the norm and mostly what we hear about. We know it is not but many kids do not. 

Awards