Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

My Mic..

Sikon

• Member ID:  27340
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Achievement Points:  5463
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/11/1980
  • Device:  iPhone

Okay, so anyone that has played CoD4 with me and has heard me speak.. Has said my mic is shit. When i'm board or drunk, I try and work on it. (Drunk now.. oh yeah!) According to the CoD4 crowed not much has changed. However, it's weird.. I will change something. Join a game, people will say its good for the whole round. The next round.. 'Hey, your mic sounds like shit. We cannot hear you!!'

Hardware: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

I have;

1. Deleted drivers and let Microsoft auto install.
  2. Adjusted lvls, thinking maybe it is too loud.
  3. Installed Logitech GHub and adjusted the eq.
  4. Disabled Noise Canceling functions. 
  5. Looked for actual G935 drivers. All website links lead to Ghub. 
  6. Enabled stereo mix.
  7. Recently verified game files. (Have not tested sense this one, no one is online right now in the CoD4 server. May have deleted my stats though, so that is awesome! lol.)

All this aside.. I would assume it is a hardware issue. Except for the fact that when I do a mic test online, it is clear. When I enabled Sterio Mix, the feed back is clear. Currently I only play CoD4 and Cold War. And I have Cold War voice disabled due to the weirdos with open mics. Sooo.. Yeah.  

• Member ID:  389
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  290
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  4407
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  36065
  • Days Won:  38
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970
  • Device:  Android

question can take a pic of USB headset dongle, other is may have too many wireless devices  near headset . can  turn on all wireless devices near computer then with a paper clip , incert in reset hole on USB dongle and hold for 15 seconds and release  

Edited by KaptCrunch

At any given time I have 15 to 25 wifi devices connected to my modem. I have a family of 6.. We did away with cable 3 or 4 years ago. Upgraded our internet and went with streaming services. 4 our of 6 tv's are wifi, the other two hardwired.  Security system is wifi, sprinklers is wifi, water treatment system is wifi, hvac is connected to wifi, a printer and 4 computers are wifi, our main pc is hardwired.  All cellphones are wifi while home, a fuckin fitness scale.. xbox, ps4, and nintendo switch is randomly connected. Treager smoker supposedly can connect, but I have yet to be able to actually be able to get it to work. 

Being all that said.. It is all actually true.. Welcome to 2022 I guess. 

We have 1,200 gig xfinity.. None of the stuff listed above is actually near my PC/Headphones, but the modem is. However, if you could see wifi signals.. my house would be a traffic jam on I-5 in Los Angeles! 

That being said, I've had these headphones for almost 2 years now. I've never had issues until the past few months. 

D768F987-247B-46A8-B99F-711CE839EB94.jpeg

49E29ED0-ABEB-4DC9-BF1A-30132459DE27.jpeg

Edited by Sikon

try reset headset dongle an see if clears up.

image.png.e57d676bd7c433220020c2c0b811f2f0.png

may be the battery not hold enough amperage , needs replacing 

Edited by KaptCrunch

Thank you, I will try that when I get on next time. 

Now that I’m thinking about it.. I’ve also been hearing a beep when I turn on the headset. Normally I would only hear this when the headset is about to die. But now I hear it regardless of the the power level. I log into GHub to verify that it’s taking a charge.. other wise I would assume the battery had a dead cell.

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972
  • Device:  Windows

On 5/24/2022 at 2:06 AM, Sikon said:
  1. Enabled stereo mix.

Disable Stereo Mix in your Mic settings.

And Crank your Mic boost up. Mine goes up to 30db but I have it set to 20db because it was really loud in COD4.

Make sure that you have it plugged into the correct jack (It's Usually the Pink jack) and make sure that it is not disabled or Muted.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.d3855c422cadc7a3490db55d55d58c1b.jpg

Untitledq.thumb.jpg.1fc30a04ee6c5b6b43ada0c7a21eb634.jpg

Edited by J3st3r

@J3st3r On my Levels tab.. it's only going up to +6.0 db and the mic boost option isn't there?

Edited by Sikon

Make 100% sure that it's plugged into the Pink jack and not the Light Blue which is Line In. :lol:

Hmmmmm. What sound device is your Mic plugged into?  It's not a USB thing is it?

I'm just using the Realtek onboard sound. Nothing special or fancy but it works reliably.

Looks like you have part of a driver install package installed?  It's missing some of the control panel features which are included in the manufacturers driver package.   

If you are using the onboard stuff go to your motherboards manufacturers site and download the newest drivers from there. Do not update to a newer one off of Microsoft or Realtek. Windows Driver updates will mess your shit up pretty good.

Some times it even fucks it up so good that it is easier to start over and reinstall windows. Windows Update Driver updates will often overwrite the generic windows drivers. This fucks up any chance of fixing it by using system restore.

I have driver updates disabled for windows update because it kept trying to update my sound and Ethernet drivers to the newer ones that Do Not Work with my motherboard. I had 1 hell of a fucking time getting back online after it updated my Lan driver. Had to go into the registry and manually remove everything that had anything to do with Realtek and the Lan drivers which took many Hours to do. Then I installed the driver that came on the cd with my motherboard. Once I did that I was able to connect again and go and download the latest driver from my motherboard manufacturers site.

Good word of advice for Drivers. If it works? do NOT update it. 

Hope your dog or cat didn't eat your Mic and short the sound card out. Had that happen once many years ago.  I miss that DFI LanParty NF4 SLI motherboard lol. It was fast as heck compared to most other boards and it had true dual 16x PCIE slots which was quite rare back in 2005/6 when I bought it lol.  

Edited by J3st3r

Yes, it's USB. I disregarded what you said before about mic and sound jacks. 

I have Logitech G935 Wireless as pictured above. I guess I could hook up the aux cord and see if it makes a difference. :unknw: I haven't tried that yet mainly because the aux cord that came with them I use in my vehicle to play music from my phone. 

As far as the windows and Realtek drivers.. I do have Realtek installed, but I always have with my current setup. I recently, like the past week installed it trying to work this out. I actually reformatted late February I think. Maybe I should do it again. I know (thought) a small amount of files was left over from the reformat. I attempted it 2 or 3 times before I was satisfied with the out come. It could be a conflict issue from the original copy of windows?? I went from Acer's version of Win10.. to downloading Win10 from Microsoft to avoid all bloatware to free up memory and unwanted processes. However, I'm not actually sure when this mic issue started. 

Oversite of issues sense I've started this topic.. 

1. When I turn on the 'fully charged' headset. I get one beep. (The mic is not muted.)
  2. I can do a mic test online, (Mic Test (mictests.com)), and the feedback is clear. 
  3. When I'm in CoD4 my team mates 'can' hear me.. however, they say with an over whelming buzz. I've heard it as well when they speak over me and can hear my feedback through them speaking. Almost sound like when you have the aux cord not pushed in all the way and your getting cross feed through the port. 
  4. Mic Boost is not available, Low level DB, even though mic test feedback is loud. 

Also, here is a list of drivers associated with the headset, excluding whatever additional drives that are installed. 

93AE7CA7-046E-4552-9434-724117595997.jpeg

Edited by Sikon

USB headsets are the devil. Sorry can't help ya other than giving the link for the G Hub software/driver package. It also includes Firmware updates for the USB headsets.

https://download01.logi.com/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/gaming/lghub_installer.exe

I read on reddit that turning off Noise Removal, (NC) or Noise Canceling solves alot of Mic related problems with those.

Edited by J3st3r

@J3st3r Yeah, I've never had this issue. What is annoying is.. if its just the headset.. cool. I'll buy another one. but if its a software issue. I'll be pissed spending the money to still have the same issue. 

I'm thinking one of two things. It's either a driver issue.. rather it be bad drivers or conflicting software. or bad wiring in the headset. 

I normally don't have an issue researching or diagnosing problems. This one just annoys me. The funny thing is, I hardly talk in game anyways aside from.. 'Aye.. This m'fker just killed me over here!! Defrost.. aka avenge me man!! lol  

However, at the end of the day, if something doesn't work.. Regardless if I use it. I want to repair it. :unknw:

Then if I'm drunk.. I'm like.. HEY! This shit needs to change! Then I have another drink and be like.. fuck that shit!! :lol::drinks:

try just use windows drivers no logitech 

Buy a $10 bargain bin Walmart logitech stick mic like I have. Mine is probibly 20 years old and still works fine. It might sound like ass but it works. lol