Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

"That asshole Trudeau..."

HarryWeezer

• Member ID:  489
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4668
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41007
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

3 hours ago, RobMc said:

PS Pete

Remember in the political column when I pointed out I was worried by manoeuvres by the Russians on the Ukraine border and you said 'It was nothing to worry about?'

Stick to the day job mate 🤣

Remember, the left always plays by what it "wishes" were true, not what's actually happening.

• Member ID:  151
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9123
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Achievement Points:  94018
  • Days Won:  314
  • Birthday:  05/17/1959

6 hours ago, HarryWeezer said:

This has been a great conversation. Time for some further thoughts.
The core problem with gun violence in the U.S. has little to do with access to weapons. It has little to do with crazy people. We've always had guns and crazy people. What's changed is the nature of society and more than anything else, what's changed the nature of society is hate.
When I grew up in the peaceful, safe 1950s, I hated the kid who always bullied me on the way to school. I didn't hate anyone else; had no reason to. My father also hated somebody, the president. When Kennedy was assinated, my father said, "There, that son-of-a-bitch got what he deserved." It was the first time I ever heard my father swear. But he hated Kennedy for getting us involved in Vietnam. I don't think he hated anyone else.
Today, we hate each other with a passion and you're seeing the result. Between 1982 and 2011, a mass shooting occurred roughly once every 200 days in the U.S. However, between 2011 and 2015, that rate accelerated greatly with at least one mass shooting occurring every 64 days. You may not believe it but to date in 2022, there have been 246 mass shootings in the United States.
Why? What happened? I'm no expert in sociology but as a journalist for 52 years who continues to write editorials and columns for several newspapers, I've been watching societal evolution up close for a long time and in my view, two factors are responsible for turning us into a nation of hate: the Internet, and the dishonest and corrupt media.
Before the Internet, people, generally, found their place in society and generally, stayed there. Their sphere of influence was very limited. They associated with each other over the lunch table at work, at the club, the baseball game, the tavern, etc., and argued about pretty much everything and went back to work the next day and life went on. Then came the Internet. Suddenly, an argument over a bar table became an argument for the masses. Suddenly, people who had little knowledge of anything and didn't much care about anything except perhaps their family, had a worldside audience and, long ignored, found they could use their voice and get a reaction. Suddenly, they could bring attention to themselves and we all crave attention.
The world had always been broken down into tribes. That's why we have many different nations, many different religions, and people associated by custom, etc. But with the Internet, we started to separate into more and more tribes, tribes based, for example, on but one particular view of but one subject because there were so many of us in the room that we could always find new people to agree with us and join our tribe. 
And when we're all in the same room, you've (your tribe) got to yell to be heard. With more yelling at each other came more animosity and we began to learn to hate those in the other tribe. But how could society become so damaged, so quickly? Blame the corrupt media. Time was when the purpose of media was to expose truth. It used its free speech protections to help keep politicians honest. But the Internet changed things. Primarily, it took advertising dollars away from print and broadcast media and moved them to the Internet. To survive, media found that it had to appeal to as many tribes as it could. It moved away from writing about what it thought people should know, to what the people wanted to know. It started selling opinion, rather than news. 
The two largest tribes in the U.S. are Republicans and Democrats. Media chose sides. It wrote one side or the other to keep audience. Today, instead of supporting America, media - all of it - is a threat to the health and welfare of the nation.
Those on the left are lied to every day by leftist media, those on the right get much the same. All national media lies to keep audience. Worse, much worse, it hides truth. Their audience does not watch or listen to any other media because they don't want to hear other opinion. And so, they have not a clue what's really going on in the world. A recent example: Fox reported on the attempted assassination of Supeme Court Justice Kavanaugh. CNN, CBS, MSNBC, the New York Times - every leftist media, you name it - have said not a word about it. Because to do so undermines their political platform. Their audience is brainwashed, which is why we have such absolute bullshit going on as allowing men into women's restrooms, as telling children they can be any sex they want, and, well, let's keep to the point. Which is: Americans hate each other intensely over political issues because they don't know the truth of them and that hate has fueled increasing violence and will continue to.
One last point. Because of this hate-filled societal evolution, over just the past several years, in my opinion, all of the tremendous progress that we made on race relations in this country has been largely destroyed. Because hate breeds hate. And I have to blame the left for this. The race riots manufactured by racists and the corrupt media, and the destruction of our history which resulted, have done incredible damage. (NOTE: As an XI member, you are well aware of our prohibition on any demonstration of racism so please be careful if you touch on this topic in further discussion.)
Thanks for listening... Your thoughts are welcome!

Well put Harry. Couldn't agree more! I was going to add another factor, the "Politically Correct"/Woke bullshit. But when you think about it, it's connected to the Internet and MSM!

• Member ID:  389
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  290
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  4408
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  36071
  • Days Won:  38
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970
  • Device:  Windows

5 hours ago, Labob said:

Do not get me going on the media. Holy crap . The bigest one lately for me is the redidential schools. Kamloops BC . Kamloops BC The remains of 250 dead shildren found at residential school. This exploded and was just pure crap. Even to thios day all the unmarked graves found people still believe they are murdered children. Thank you media. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/tk-emlúps-te-secwépemc-215-children-former-kamloops-indian-residential-school-1.6043778

So everybody knows any child lost is horrible. But to say the possiblility of of discovered graves are those of dead children to sell adds on media sites is a crime in my mind. 

labob   was the Pm's call to collect votes of native indian.

"Even to to this day all the unmarked graves found people still believe they are murdered children."  more like raped, beaten and the life sucked out of them,  Harry is correct HATE and GREED is the issue 

What people (2 face) do for Power, Money ...lie, kill and steal 

53 minutes ago, LtLaszlo said:

Well put Harry. Couldn't agree more! I was going to add another factor, the "Politically Correct"/Woke bullshit. But when you think about it, it's connected to the Internet and MSM!

so is covid 

• Member ID:  489
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Content Count:  4668
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41007
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963

The red flag laws are the most sinister things contrived yet. They completely circumvent the bill of rights, end of story. In this climate, when they tell you "that's not what they're for", you can believe that's EXACTLY what they're for. Stripping you of your property & rights without representation.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/06/14/politifact-spreads-misinformation-on-red-flag-laws-and-due-process/

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3344
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  45173
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  iPhone

A couple of awesome casts here, relative to this topic:

And the second, or maybe first:

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

8 hours ago, YACCster said:

And the second, or maybe first:

Civil war huh? before you start I have some tea for sale, arriving Boston next week, first come first taxed

• Member ID:  2593
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  490
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  5107
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/20/1978

Belated Happy Fathers Day... eh!

ODYIwtWm6KAC.png

Meanwhile in the land of the free....image.png.6c6433739c03c9cc6f5a8c3bf1cc66ce.png

image.thumb.png.bf3e681cc15a433e8f8e221c95690466.png

missed the rest of story

Edited by KaptCrunch
chip chip gone

On 6/19/2022 at 11:53 PM, Izumi said:

Belated Happy Fathers Day... eh!

ODYIwtWm6KAC.png

workmate seen his motorcade yesterday, an said gee  thought he was in  covid quarantine   Note: If your local public health unit has provided you with conflicting guidance, please follow the recommendations of your local health unit.  dictatorship