Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Willing to pay for time / info session on modding and damage COD4

• Member ID:  1155
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1796
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/16/1976
  • Device:  Windows

I do not understand how damage works in this game. I have no interest learning how to mod this game but realize I may have to understand some modding principles in order to understand some things. 

I am willing to PAY SOMEONE FOR THIER TIME to explain some items in this game. I would like to know what is possible. I have a programming / software engineer background but have not done any game programming. 

Some questions: How damage is calculated in the game per weapon? What is the damage range of the weapons? Is all damage able to be 'modded'? Are there config files or compiled code that does all this?

If you don't know how any of this works, or are just 'Google'ing shit - I am not interested. I want to PAY YOU for your time explaining how damage works and some other items. I do not want to start from scratch learning how to mod this game in order to just understand a few things. 

Especially on the main server, I often hit people 2 or 3 times and do not kill them. This happens even if I use Stopping Power Perk - which doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Then when some people are on, they kill everyone in one shot. Watch some like Sharpe when they are playing well sometime, EVERY SINGLE bullet is killing in one hit - not just head shots. What is going on? Some kind of weird RNG? Are there some configuration of perks that do this? I think as long as we have all played this now, this information should be available to everyone.

If you are interested PM me and we will talk about payment and timing. We'll discuss what you are able to show me and some of the requirements I would like to get out of a meeting. I am pretty busy during the week so it will have to be evening Pacific time or on the weekend sometime. 

Thank you.

• Member ID:  23520
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  737
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7105
  • Days Won:  1

You just need to pay your $10 monthly sub to sharpedownloads.com, problem solved 😀

• Member ID:  2056
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1071
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  9313
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/17/1960

Even if some say otherwise, I think it has a lot to do with the ping and the ensuing lag. The later I play in the day, the worst are my results since, from around 8pm (CET), guys arrive with much lower ping and less lag, I suppose. Even if I swear a lot (mostly in French), I enjoy playing and being crushed by very skilled players (with not only low pings). :pc:

• Member ID:  20698
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  3173
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/03/1990

well different guns do different types of damage, thats one of the main things.

In the coding a headshot does 150% of the base damage while body is basic 100%

Now perks do change that, stopping power reduces dmg taken by 25%, while the armor seems to be a bit bugged and counts full body + head as a extra 75% protection.

Me and sharpe use the armor penetration perk which gives us a extra dmg % of 50% on targets.
then again like i said it all depends on gun dmg, silencer reduces range and dmg taken by 25%.
Some perks do add up while others doesn't, and also as they said. Ping difference is a big deal aswell. Cos i've noticed myself that sometimes hits don't even register when they should have, because ping doesn't register the person there. Even if its only a split second different, it can mean between a kill or being killed.

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8258
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53557
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959
  • Device:  Android

So hard coded into the game is using the settings apllied for everything from tree to big booms.( I know yea it is pfft )You seem top be more interested in how a weapon gets its settings. So in the mod there is an IWD in that IWD is a weapons folder. In that wepon folder is all the weapons files anything there can be modded. Anybody can access it if they can access the server side mod. So before it goes online is where you get to play majic man. Below is the settings for a dogbite.

WEAPONFILE\weaponType\grenade\weaponClass\grenade\offhandClass\None\impactType\grenade_explode\inventoryType\item\displayName\\modeName\\playerAnimType\radio\AIOverlayDescription\\gunModel\viewmodel_satchel_charge\handModel\viewmodel_hands_no_model\isHandModelOverridable\1\idleAnim\radio_handheld_idle\emptyIdleAnim\\fireAnim\\holdFireAnim\\lastShotAnim\\detonateAnim\\meleeAnim\\meleeChargeAnim\\raiseAnim\\dropAnim\\firstRaiseAnim\\altRaiseAnim\\altDropAnim\\quickRaiseAnim\\quickDropAnim\\emptyRaiseAnim\\emptyDropAnim\\sprintInAnim\\sprintLoopAnim\\sprintOutAnim\\nightVisionWearAnim\\nightVisionRemoveAnim\\autoAimRange\0\aimAssistRange\0\aimAssistRangeAds\0\moveSpeedScale\1\sprintScale\0.9\sprintDurationScale\1\lowAmmoWarningThreshold\0.33\damage\0\meleeDamage\90\fireDelay\0.16\meleeDelay\0.05\meleeChargeDelay\0.15\fireTime\0.8\holdFireTime\0.2\detonateTime\0.83\detonateDelay\0.23\meleeTime\0.5\meleeChargeTime\1\reloadTime\2\dropTime\0.9\raiseTime\1.2\altDropTime\0.9\altRaiseTime\1.2\quickDropTime\0.4\quickRaiseTime\0.5\firstRaiseTime\1.2\emptyDropTime\0.9\emptyRaiseTime\1.2\sprintInTime\0.3\sprintLoopTime\0.6\sprintOutTime\0.3\nightVisionWearTime\0.5\nightVisionWearTimeFadeOutEnd\0\nightVisionWearTimePowerUp\0\nightVisionRemoveTime\0\nightVisionRemoveTimePowerDown\0\nightVisionRemoveTimeFadeInStart\0\fuseTime\3.5\aiFuseTime\4\stickiness\Stick to all\hasDetonator\1\timedDetonation\0\rotate\1\holdButtonToThrow\0\freezeMovementWhenFiring\0\clipOnly\1\hipIdleAmount\80\hipIdleSpeed\0\idleCrouchFactor\0.5\idleProneFactor\0.15\parallelDefaultBounce\0.5\parallelBarkBounce\0.6\parallelBrickBounce\0.6\parallelCarpetBounce\0.6\parallelClothBounce\0.2\parallelConcreteBounce\0.6\parallelDirtBounce\0.45\parallelFleshBounce\0.2\parallelFoliageBounce\0.05\parallelGlassBounce\0.4\parallelGrassBounce\0.35\parallelGravelBounce\0.5\parallelIceBounce\0.6\parallelMetalBounce\0.6\parallelMudBounce\0.2\parallelPaperBounce\0.2\parallelPlasterBounce\0.5\parallelRockBounce\0.6\parallelSandBounce\0.3\parallelSnowBounce\0.2\parallelWaterBounce\0.2\parallelWoodBounce\0.6\parallelAsphaltBounce\0.6\parallelCeramicBounce\0.5\parallelPlasticBounce\0.5\parallelRubberBounce\0.5\parallelCushionBounce\0.5\parallelFruitBounce\0.5\parallelPaintedMetalBounce\0.5\perpendicularDefaultBounce\0.25\perpendicularBarkBounce\0.25\perpendicularBrickBounce\0.25\perpendicularCarpetBounce\0.25\perpendicularClothBounce\0.2\perpendicularConcreteBounce\0.25\perpendicularDirtBounce\0.225\perpendicularFleshBounce\0.2\perpendicularFoliageBounce\0.05\perpendicularGlassBounce\0.2\perpendicularGrassBounce\0.15\perpendicularGravelBounce\0.25\perpendicularIceBounce\0.3\perpendicularMetalBounce\0.25\perpendicularMudBounce\0.1\perpendicularPaperBounce\0.2\perpendicularPlasterBounce\0.25\perpendicularRockBounce\0.25\perpendicularSandBounce\0.1\perpendicularSnowBounce\0.1\perpendicularWaterBounce\0.2\perpendicularWoodBounce\0.25\perpendicularAsphaltBounce\0.25\perpendicularCeramicBounce\0.5\perpendicularPlasticBounce\0.5\perpendicularRubberBounce\0.5\perpendicularCushionBounce\0.5\perpendicularFruitBounce\0.5\perpendicularPaintedMetalBounce\0.5\swayMaxAngle\30\swayLerpSpeed\6\swayPitchScale\0.1\swayYawScale\0.1\swayHorizScale\0.1\swayVertScale\0.1\swayShellShockScale\5\worldModel\\knifeModel\\worldKnifeModel\\ammoName\calldown\maxAmmo\1\startAmmo\1\clipName\calldown\clipSize\1\sharedAmmoCapName\WEAPON_HARDPOINT\sharedAmmoCap\1\dropAmmoMin\0\dropAmmoMax\0\pickupSound\weap_pickup\pickupSoundPlayer\weap_pickup\ammoPickupSound\\ammoPickupSoundPlayer\\pullbackSound\weap_fraggrenade_pin\pullbackSoundPlayer\weap_fraggrenade_pin\fireSound\weap_fraggrenade_fire\fireSoundPlayer\weap_fraggrenade_fire\lastShotSound\\lastShotSoundPlayer\\meleeSwipeSound\melee_punch_other\meleeSwipeSoundPlayer\melee_punch\reloadSound\weap_fraggrenade_reload\reloadSoundPlayer\weap_fraggrenade_reload\altSwitchSound\\altSwitchSoundPlayer\\detonateSound\weap_c4detpack_trigger_npc\detonateSoundPlayer\weap_c4detpack_trigger_plr\raiseSound\weap_c4detpack_safetyoff_npc\raiseSoundPlayer\weap_c4detpack_safetyoff_plr\firstRaiseSound\weap_c4detpack_safetyoff_npc\firstRaiseSoundPlayer\weap_c4detpack_safetyoff_plr\putawaySound\weap_c4detpack_safety_npc\putawaySoundPlayer\weap_c4detpack_safety_plr\nightVisionWearSound\\nightVisionWearSoundPlayer\\nightVisionRemoveSound\\nightVisionRemoveSoundPlayer\\bounceSound\c4_bounce\reticleCenter\reticle_center_cross\reticleSide\\reticleCenterSize\32\reticleSideSize\16\reticleMinOfs\4\altWeapon\\blocksProne\0\cookOffHold\0\hudIcon\compass_objpoint_dogs\killIcon\compass_objpoint_dogs\dpadIcon\compass_objpoint_dogs\ammoCounterIcon\compass_objpoint_dogs\hudIconRatio\1:1\killIconRatio\1:1\dpadIconRatio\1:1\ammoCounterIconRatio\1:1\ammoCounterClip\None\flipKillIcon\0\standMoveF\-1\standMoveR\0\standMoveU\-1.5\standRotP\0\standRotY\0\standRotR\0\duckedOfsF\-2\duckedOfsR\1\duckedOfsU\-0.2\duckedMoveF\0\duckedMoveR\1\duckedMoveU\-1.5\duckedRotP\0\duckedRotY\0\duckedRotR\0\proneOfsF\-3\proneOfsR\2\proneOfsU\0.8\proneMoveF\0\proneMoveR\1\proneMoveU\-1.5\proneRotP\0\proneRotY\0\proneRotR\0\posMoveRate\4\posProneMoveRate\10\standMoveMinSpeed\110\duckedMoveMinSpeed\60\proneMoveMinSpeed\0\posRotRate\5\posProneRotRate\10\standRotMinSpeed\110\duckedRotMinSpeed\60\proneRotMinSpeed\0\sprintOfsF\0\sprintOfsR\0\sprintOfsU\0\sprintRotP\0\sprintRotY\0\sprintRotR\0\sprintBobH\6\sprintBobV\8\explosionRadius\256\explosionRadiusMin\0\explosionInnerDamage\200\explosionOuterDamage\50\damageConeAngle\180\projectileSpeed\600\projectileSpeedUp\0\projectileSpeedForward\0\projectileActivateDist\0\projectileModel\\projExplosionType\grenade\projExplosionEffect\\projExplosionEffectForceNormalUp\0\projExplosionSound\detpack_explo_main\projTrailEffect\\projImpactExplode\0\canUseInVehicle\0\noDropsOrRaises\0\tagFx_preparationEffect\\tagFlash_preparationEffect\\adsDofStart\0\adsDofEnd\0\notetrackSoundMap\

This one is for the springfiels_mp

WEAPONFILE\displayName\WEAPON_SPRINGFIELD\modeName\\playerAnimType\sniper\altWeapon\\AIOverlayDescription\WEAPON_RIFLEMAN\weaponType\bullet\weaponClass\rifle\penetrateType\large\impactType\bullet_large\inventoryType\primary\fireType\Single Shot\clipType\bottom\twoHanded\1\rifleBullet\1\armorPiercing\0\boltAction\0\aimDownSight\1\rechamberWhileAds\1\noADSAutoReload\0\noPartialReload\0\segmentedReload\0\adsFire\0\noAdsWhenMagEmpty\0\avoidDropCleanup\0\enhanced\0\bayonet\0\cancelAutoHolsterWhenEmpty\0\suppressAmmoReserveDisplay\0\laserSightDuringNightvision\0\blocksProne\0\silenced\0\mountableWeapon\0\autoAimRange\0\aimAssistRange\1000\aimAssistRangeAds\1500\enemyCrosshairRange\1000\crosshairColorChange\1\moveSpeedScale\1.5\adsMoveSpeedScale\1.5\sprintDurationScale\1\gunMaxPitch\30\gunMaxYaw\15\lowAmmoWarningThreshold\0.33\ammoName\springfield\maxAmmo\999\startAmmo\999\clipName\springfield_mp\clipSize\10\shotCount\1\dropAmmoMin\1\dropAmmoMax\5\reloadAmmoAdd\0\reloadStartAdd\0\damage\50\minDamage\40\meleeDamage\150\maxDamageRange\1500\minDamageRange\2000\playerDamage\30\locNone\1\locHelmet\1.5\locHead\2\locNeck\1.5\locTorsoUpper\1.5\locTorsoLower\1.1\locRightArmUpper\1\locRightArmLower\1\locRightHand\1\locLeftArmUpper\1\locLeftArmLower\1\locLeftHand\1\locRightLegUpper\1\locRightLegLower\1\locRightFoot\1\locLeftLegUpper\1\locLeftLegLower\1\locLeftFoot\1\locGun\0\fireTime\0.15\fireDelay\0\meleeTime\0.5\meleeChargeTime\1\meleeDelay\0.05\meleeChargeDelay\0.15\reloadTime\1.5\reloadEmptyTime\1.5\reloadEmptyAddTime\0\reloadStartTime\0\reloadEndTime\0\reloadAddTime\1.5\reloadStartAddTime\0\rechamberTime\0.87\rechamberBoltTime\0.35\dropTime\0.7\raiseTime\0.8\altDropTime\0\altRaiseTime\0\quickDropTime\0.25\quickRaiseTime\0.25\firstRaiseTime\0.8\emptyDropTime\0.35\emptyRaiseTime\0.35\sprintInTime\0.3\sprintLoopTime\0.7\sprintOutTime\0.3\deployTime\0\breakdownTime\0\nightVisionWearTime\0\nightVisionWearTimeFadeOutEnd\0\nightVisionWearTimePowerUp\0\nightVisionRemoveTime\0\nightVisionRemoveTimePowerDown\0\nightVisionRemoveTimeFadeInStart\0\standMoveF\0\standMoveR\0\standMoveU\-2.2\standRotP\0\standRotY\0\standRotR\0\standMoveMinSpeed\80\standRotMinSpeed\80\posMoveRate\6\posRotRate\6\sprintOfsF\5\sprintOfsR\-15\sprintOfsU\-15\sprintRotP\-20\sprintRotY\65\sprintRotR\-15\sprintBobH\10\sprintBobV\6\sprintScale\0.85\duckedSprintOfsF\0\duckedSprintOfsR\0\duckedSprintOfsU\0\duckedSprintRotP\0\duckedSprintRotY\0\duckedSprintRotR\0\duckedSprintBobH\0\duckedSprintBobV\0\duckedSprintScale\0.01\duckedMoveF\0\duckedMoveR\0\duckedMoveU\-1.7\duckedRotP\0\duckedRotY\0\duckedRotR\0\duckedOfsF\-0.5\duckedOfsR\0.8\duckedOfsU\-0.2\duckedMoveMinSpeed\20\duckedRotMinSpeed\20\proneMoveF\-55\proneMoveR\3\proneMoveU\-145\proneRotP\0\proneRotY\220\proneRotR\-200\proneOfsF\-2\proneOfsR\1.5\proneOfsU\0.8\posProneMoveRate\25\posProneRotRate\30\proneMoveMinSpeed\0\proneRotMinSpeed\0\hipIdleAmount\30\adsIdleAmount\2\hipIdleSpeed\1\adsIdleSpeed\0.8\idleCrouchFactor\0.75\idleProneFactor\0.4\adsSpread\0\adsAimPitch\0\adsTransInTime\0.25\adsTransOutTime\0.25\adsTransBlendTime\0.1\adsReloadTransTime\0.6\adsCrosshairInFrac\1\adsCrosshairOutFrac\0.2\adsZoomFov\50\adsZoomInFrac\0.5\adsZoomOutFrac\0.4\adsBobFactor\0\adsViewBobMult\0.2\adsViewErrorMin\0\adsViewErrorMax\0\hipSpreadStandMin\3\hipSpreadDuckedMin\2.5\hipSpreadProneMin\2\hipSpreadMax\7\hipSpreadDuckedMax\6\hipSpreadProneMax\5\hipSpreadFireAdd\1\hipSpreadTurnAdd\0\hipSpreadMoveAdd\5\hipSpreadDecayRate\5\hipSpreadDuckedDecay\1\hipSpreadProneDecay\1\hipGunKickReducedKickBullets\0\hipGunKickReducedKickPercent\0\hipGunKickPitchMin\80\hipGunKickPitchMax\85\hipGunKickYawMin\-35\hipGunKickYawMax\35\hipGunKickAccel\1000\hipGunKickSpeedMax\1200\hipGunKickSpeedDecay\100\hipGunKickStaticDecay\100\adsGunKickReducedKickBullets\0\adsGunKickReducedKickPercent\0\adsGunKickPitchMin\0\adsGunKickPitchMax\0\adsGunKickYawMin\0\adsGunKickYawMax\0\adsGunKickAccel\600\adsGunKickSpeedMax\600\adsGunKickSpeedDecay\100\adsGunKickStaticDecay\100\hipViewKickPitchMin\40\hipViewKickPitchMax\80\hipViewKickYawMin\40\hipViewKickYawMax\-40\hipViewKickCenterSpeed\1200\adsViewKickPitchMin\40\adsViewKickPitchMax\80\adsViewKickYawMin\40\adsViewKickYawMax\-40\adsViewKickCenterSpeed\1200\swayMaxAngle\5\swayLerpSpeed\5\swayPitchScale\0.1\swayYawScale\0.1\swayHorizScale\0.08\swayVertScale\0.12\swayShellShockScale\5\adsSwayMaxAngle\3\adsSwayLerpSpeed\6\adsSwayPitchScale\0.1\adsSwayYawScale\0.1\adsSwayHorizScale\0.1\adsSwayVertScale\0.2\fightDist\720\maxDist\730\aiVsAiAccuracyGraph\\aiVsPlayerAccuracyGraph\\reticleCenter\\reticleSide\reticle_side_small\reticleCenterSize\4\reticleSideSize\8\reticleMinOfs\0\hipReticleSidePos\0\adsOverlayShader\\adsOverlayShaderLowRes\\adsOverlayReticle\none\adsOverlayWidth\220\adsOverlayHeight\220\gunModel\viewmodel_mp_springfield\gunModel2\\gunModel3\\gunModel4\\gunModel5\\gunModel6\\gunModel7\\gunModel8\\gunModel9\\gunModel10\\gunModel11\\gunModel12\\gunModel13\\gunModel14\\gunModel15\\gunModel16\\handModel\viewmodel_hands_no_model\worldModel\weapon_mp_springfield_rifle\worldModel2\\worldModel3\\worldModel4\\worldModel5\\worldModel6\\worldModel7\\worldModel8\\worldModel9\\worldModel10\\worldModel11\\worldModel12\\worldModel13\\worldModel14\\worldModel15\\worldModel16\\worldClipModel\\knifeModel\viewmodel_usa_kbar_knife\worldKnifeModel\weapon_usa_kbar_knife_mp\idleAnim\viewmodel_springfield_idle\emptyIdleAnim\viewmodel_springfield_idle\fireAnim\viewmodel_springfield_fire\lastShotAnim\viewmodel_springfield_fire\rechamberAnim\viewmodel_springfield_rechamber\meleeAnim\viewmodel_knife_slash\meleeChargeAnim\viewmodel_knife_stick\reloadAnim\viewmodel_springfield_reload\reloadEmptyAnim\viewmodel_springfield_reload\reloadStartAnim\\reloadEndAnim\\raiseAnim\viewmodel_springfield_pullout\dropAnim\viewmodel_springfield_putaway\firstRaiseAnim\viewmodel_springfield_pullout\altRaiseAnim\viewmodel_springfield_pullout\altDropAnim\viewmodel_springfield_putaway\quickRaiseAnim\viewmodel_springfield_pullout_fast\quickDropAnim\viewmodel_springfield_putaway_fast\emptyRaiseAnim\viewmodel_springfield_pullout\emptyDropAnim\viewmodel_springfield_putaway\sprintInAnim\\sprintLoopAnim\\sprintOutAnim\\nightVisionWearAnim\\nightVisionRemoveAnim\\adsFireAnim\viewmodel_springfield_fire\adsLastShotAnim\viewmodel_springfield_fire\adsRechamberAnim\viewmodel_springfield_rechamber\adsUpAnim\viewmodel_springfield_ADS_up\adsDownAnim\viewmodel_springfield_ADS_down\deployAnim\\breakdownAnim\\viewFlashEffect\weapon/muzzleflashes/rifle_flash_view\worldFlashEffect\weapon/muzzleflashes/rifleflash\viewShellEjectEffect\weapon/shellejects/rifle_view\worldShellEjectEffect\weapon/shellejects/rifle\viewLastShotEjectEffect\\worldLastShotEjectEffect\\worldClipDropEffect\\pickupSound\weap_pickup\pickupSoundPlayer\weap_pickup_plr\ammoPickupSound\ammo_pickup\ammoPickupSoundPlayer\ammo_pickup_plr\breakdownSound\\breakdownSoundPlayer\\deploySound\\deploySoundPlayer\\finishDeploySound\\finishDeploySoundPlayer\\fireSound\weap_springfield_fire\fireSoundPlayer\weap_springfield_fire_plr\lastShotSound\weap_springfield_fire\lastShotSoundPlayer\weap_springfield_fire_plr\emptyFireSound\dryfire_rifle\emptyFireSoundPlayer\dryfire_rifle_plr\crackSound\\whizbySound\\meleeSwipeSound\melee_swing\meleeSwipeSoundPlayer\melee_swing_plr\meleeHitSound\melee_hit\meleeMissSound\\rechamberSound\gr_rifle_rechamber_3p\rechamberSoundPlayer\\reloadSound\gr_rifle_round_in_3p\reloadSoundPlayer\\reloadEmptySound\\reloadEmptySoundPlayer\\reloadStartSound\gr_rifle_open_3p\reloadStartSoundPlayer\\reloadEndSound\gr_rifle_close_3p\reloadEndSoundPlayer\\altSwitchSound\\altSwitchSoundPlayer\\raiseSound\weap_raise\raiseSoundPlayer\weap_raise_plr\firstRaiseSound\weap_raise\firstRaiseSoundPlayer\weap_raise_plr\putawaySound\weap_putaway\putawaySoundPlayer\weap_putaway_plr\nightVisionWearSound\\nightVisionWearSoundPlayer\\nightVisionRemoveSound\\nightVisionRemoveSoundPlayer\\standMountedWeapdef\\crouchMountedWeapdef\\proneMountedWeapdef\\mountedModel\\hudIcon\hud_icon_springfield_scoped\killIcon\hud_icon_springfield_scoped\dpadIcon\\ammoCounterIcon\\hudIconRatio\4:1\killIconRatio\4:1\dpadIconRatio\4:1\ammoCounterIconRatio\4:1\ammoCounterClip\ShortMagazine\flipKillIcon\1\fireRumble\sniper_fire\meleeImpactRumble\defaultweapon_melee\adsDofStart\0\adsDofEnd\15\hideTags\tag_bayonet 
tag_scope 
tag_grenade_mount
tag_grenade\notetrackSoundMap\knife_stab_plr knife_stab_plr
knife_pull_plr knife_pull_plr
Knife_slash_plr Knife_slash_plr
gr_springfield_bolt_back_plr gr_springfield_bolt_back_plr 
gr_springfield_bolt_front_plr gr_springfield_bolt_front_plr 
gr_springfield_bolt_down_plr gr_springfield_bolt_down_plr 
gr_springfield_bolt_up_plr gr_springfield_bolt_up_plr 
gr_springfield_clip_in_plr gr_springfield_clip_in_plr 
gr_springfield_clip_eject_plr gr_springfield_clip_eject_plr 
gr_springfield_clip_eject_plr gr_springfield_clip_eject_plr 
gr_springfield_shell_in_plr gr_springfield_shell_in_plr

As you can see you can change just about anything you wish. Change it drop it back into the wepon folder that goes in the .IWD and back up to the server and your changes are live. 

So if you search the springfield setting for damage. 

"damage\50\minDamage\40\meleeDamage\150\maxDamageRange\1500\minDamageRange\2000\playerDamage\30\" if you were on a server with max damage at 1500 then went to a server where it was changed to maxDamageRange\2000\ your long shoots would now give you a kill. There is so much in these settings. I have found that some work others do not. So the game is not totally moddable but cod5 is close. There is also alot of cross over so by changing some settings it affects otehr settings like game clips. Clips are use to make walls less penatrable to projectiles. All sorts of little stuff losses or gains in altering the settings. 

So go look in your mod IWD in wepons/mp/ your choice. zThe file opens with most notepad style programs. Ask more once you begin to understand. I'll be happy to try and answer.