Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Mouse/Game Enhancements

Jedi

• Member ID:  21076
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  384
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  Windows

Has there been any discussion in the past about banning the use of  game enhancements such as scroll wheels, or mouse hacks, or even changing the graphics in order to see easier through bushes ?

To me this makes for a unfair playing field for those who just wish to play normal, without having to change or enhance their mouse to create almost a fully automatic weapon to those that are not meant to be so.   Again I feel this is changing the playing style and creating a HACK to your weapon, (and if we truly don't allow hacks) I feel these types of enchantments  should be banned.  It makes the game much less joyful.  I know for myself a few players that absolutely hate such things and will leave the game when it gets out of hand (including myself).  

If a player wants to prove them self as being a great player then I say prove yourself and play normally with no such enhackments. Make it fun and more even for all. 

Please give your opinion and thanks for listening to my complaining !!! 

JEDI

Edited by Jedi

Awards

• Jedi changed the title to Mouse/Game Enhancements

• Member ID:  26443
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5923
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50670
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

Meh, a well-aimed shot usually negates any rapid-fire advantage.   They wouldn't be relying on increased fire rate if they could aim.

• Member ID:  23520
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  737
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7105
  • Days Won:  1

I think all the stuff you mentioned is banned?

• Member ID:  2593
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  490
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  5107
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/20/1978

If you suspect someone is using scroll wheel, let an admin know.  That's frowned upon.

The graphics claim though....  *shrug*  I've seen and heard both sides of that in the game.  If you're laying prone in a bush and shoot some decent players, you should expect a landscaping crew to ruin your day.

tumblr_lqs262yert1qg9jugo1_500.jpg

• Member ID:  433
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2305
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  23813
  • Days Won:  35
  • Birthday:  05/28/1957
  • Device:  iPhone

I feel these things mentioned do happen, but to what extent I’ll never know. 
I just soldier on, not worth the aggravation thinking about more than a nanosecond from my point of view. 
I’m old and realized a long time ago there will always be someone YOUNGER FASTER AND BETTER at gaming than I’ll ever be. It’s just the facts. That’s why most of my points are from defrosting in freeze tag. 

My biggest disappointment in our servers is when peeps constantly go on about people supposedly HACKING. We all have heard it, we have admins doing the best they can. 
To be honest I really can’t tell if people are hacking unless it’s totally obvious I can count on 1 hand the times I’ve seen this in our servers. Always someone younger faster better! I just move on with this attitude and the game stays enjoyable for me. 
Oh I wish I was that good to be called a hacker!

Wayne

• Member ID:  24842
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1410
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  14709
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  09/12/1989

I think there are a few people who tweaked/altered ingame console settings to get (in my opinion) unfair benefits towards others. Anyhow, these ARE ingame settings and possibilities so it is hard to proof, and often not a bannable offense. Immoral in my opionion, but not bannable. Also, the players who do this really suck in the game and have a small pp syndrom, so with these settings, all they get max are average scores :rofl:

I honostly believe there is one active, and in my eyes a blatant cheater. I reported/questioned him some times, but the admins are not sure about it, watched him multiple times but they cannot get 100% proof. I choose not to play when that guy is playing so it doesn't bother me too much. Also, its the only person of who I think is cheating in all those years ive been here (I can still be wrong though). Macro's, scrolling and such are way too EASY!© to detect, and I don't think those are an issue on the FT servers.

:cheers:

Edited by Sourtap

• Member ID:  2162
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

Scroll wheel and Mouse Macros are Not allowed and have not been allowed for many years.

Altering texture settings using Console commands or by using custom configs beyond the stock Low, Normal,High and Extra settings will get you banned.

Using Promod configs is Not Allowed and I know a few people that are using them. They are just as bad as running a fucking Wallhack. Alot of the Promod configs that are downloaded off of the internet, increase visibility to the point that certain textures do not load at all and other textures such as foliage, smoke and fog of war become translucent.   

If you have to Cheat or modify your configs to gain an unfair advantage? you need to fuck off and go play somewhere else.Peroid.  

19 hours ago, Timmah! said:

Meh, a well-aimed shot usually negates any rapid-fire advantage.   They wouldn't be relying on increased fire rate if they could aim.

Timmah, I am mainly referring to server 1. Server 2 many of the weapons are already rapid fire. but thanks for pointing that out.  Server 1 is hardcore anywyas and so it does makes a huge difference !!!!!

Edited by Jedi

Awards

Sharpe,  if they are banned it is still being used.  As I mentioned to Timmah, Server 1 and Server 2,  many weapons are quite different anyways, in regards to fire speed so using a macros or scroll wheel is more pointless. 

Edited by Jedi

Awards

7 hours ago, J3st3r said:

Scroll wheel and Mouse Macros are Not allowed and have not been allowed for many years.

Altering texture settings using Console commands or by using custom configs beyond the stock Low, Normal,High and Extra settings will get you banned.

Using Promod configs is Not Allowed and I know a few people that are using them. They are just as bad as running a fucking Wallhack. Alot of the Promod configs that are downloaded off of the internet, increase visibility to the point that certain textures do not load at all and other textures such as foliage, smoke and fog of war become translucent.   

If you have to Cheat or modify your configs to gain an unfair advantage? you need to fuck off and go play somewhere else.Peroid.  

Jester.  I didnt know scroll wheels, Macros, or adjusting settings do that a player can see easily through things you mentioned were already banned.  However they are being used by a few players, mainly on server 1 (as far as I can tell)

If this is the case then I would hope that the admins of server 1 were reminded of these rules and asked to enforce it.  I do know that some think that some certain players just have so called "quick fingers". I dont believe this is the case, there is an obvious difference between quick fingers and a macros or scroll wheel weapon fire.  I have very quick fingers and also tried a Macros years ago, there is a difference. 

Edited by Jedi

Awards

12 hours ago, Izumi said:

If you suspect someone is using scroll wheel, let an admin know.  That's frowned upon.

The graphics claim though....  *shrug*  I've seen and heard both sides of that in the game.  If you're laying prone in a bush and shoot some decent players, you should expect a landscaping crew to ruin your day.

tumblr_lqs262yert1qg9jugo1_500.jpg

Izumi.    I have mentioned the scroll wheel/macros issue to an admin or 2 and was told it is not against the rules. I complain about it all the time.  Perhaps they don't know it is actually not allowed.  As far as the graphics issue, it is harder to prove and I only think of very few that may be actually doing it

Awards

11 hours ago, WeednFeed said:

I feel these things mentioned do happen, but to what extent I’ll never know. 
I just soldier on, not worth the aggravation thinking about more than a nanosecond from my point of view. 
I’m old and realized a long time ago there will always be someone YOUNGER FASTER AND BETTER at gaming than I’ll ever be. It’s just the facts. That’s why most of my points are from defrosting in freeze tag. 

My biggest disappointment in our servers is when peeps constantly go on about people supposedly HACKING. We all have heard it, we have admins doing the best they can. 
To be honest I really can’t tell if people are hacking unless it’s totally obvious I can count on 1 hand the times I’ve seen this in our servers. Always someone younger faster better! I just move on with this attitude and the game stays enjoyable for me. 
Oh I wish I was that good to be called a hacker!

Wayne

You are hilarious Feed and always a pleasure to play with, not to mention you are excellent.   However, I am not the only player frustrated with these scroll wheelers and Macros players.  I have had chats with a few out of the clan but everyday players in server 1.  It wont stop me from playing but it makes the game less enjoyable and into an even playing field. 

Awards

10 hours ago, Sourtap said:

I think there are a few people who tweaked/altered ingame console settings to get (in my opinion) unfair benefits towards others. Anyhow, these ARE ingame settings and possibilities so it is hard to proof, and often not a bannable offense. Immoral in my opionion, but not bannable. Also, the players who do this really suck in the game and have a small pp syndrom, so with these settings, all they get max are average scores :rofl:

I honostly believe there is one active, and in my eyes a blatant cheater. I reported/questioned him some times, but the admins are not sure about it, watched him multiple times but they cannot get 100% proof. I choose not to play when that guy is playing so it doesn't bother me too much. Also, its the only person of who I think is cheating in all those years ive been here (I can still be wrong though). Macro's, scrolling and such are way too EASY!© to detect, and I don't think those are an issue on the FT servers.

:cheers:

agreed, but a scroll wheel/ macros that changes a semi to an automatic is easy to detect. 

Awards

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

People cheating ??? well Heavens to Betsy what's the world of gaming coming to? we'll be seeing that in real life soon, you mark my words.

@Jedi my boy, I left the clan because obvious hackers were tolerated, they got rid of them but far too late. However XI are the best policed clan I have found, sure they make mistakes, but remember all Admins do it for love, they are not paid. This subject has been brought up many many times, they try to strike a balance (not always successfully) but at least they try.

Sure there are hackers, even among the members, the most obvious is permanent radar with one or two players, who know exactly where to look, and when just you and them are left at the end of a game their car comes directly for you (no searching) a sure sign. Or in Vietnam Ftag shooting you from across the map through 4 layers of trees.

However there are an awful lot of excellent players in XI, no names mentioned, they are not hacking they are just good, playing regularly with them improves your game and eventually you give them a shock. 

All games would greatly benefit from a modern punkbuster, if someone could be bothered I'm sure they'd earn money, and the gratitude of the community. However humans being what they are, someone, somewhere will find a way around it - guaranteed.

Meanwhile just be thankful that people are doing their best to make you happy and the playing field equal.

(Just put the cheque in my normal account Boss)

Edited by RobMc

Well over 20+ years ago I bought my first pc from a local shop . He asked me will you be gaming? If so you’ll need a better video card. Gaming? No I’ve never played a video game, just that ping pong thing.

Three weeks later my brother calls me up saying hey I want you to download MOHAA free sample game! I should have never listened to him. Well I bought the 3 disc expansion pack. Found a FREEZE TAG server owned by the {DOGZ} clan. FREEZE TAG for me is the single best mode.

Well shortly after spending many hours @ {DOGZ} I was invited to become an admin. Now MOHAA was rabid with cheaters our server had many mods but that opened the doors for cheaters because the anti cheat built into the game had to be turned off in order to run our beloved mods.

Well old Weedy here was quite innocent and I had no programming experience and still don’t.  The clan owner explained about peeps coming into the server with wall hacks and etc. He sends me a file that makes everyone in the server 2 fluorescent colours depending on your team. He tells me when ever we suspect cheaters as an admin you turn this on and watch the cheaters run through the map directly to hidden players. So sure enough I’m able to turn these files off and on and ban cheaters. So really as and admin I was using a HACK to catch HACKERS. It didn’t take long to catch them.

We also had a couple of special people in the clan that I always questioned how in the HELL could THEIR FINGERS MOVE SO FAST. I asked them how do you guys shoot, squat and bash so damn fast? “It’s easy we’ll send you a files. Indeed they did. One guy was a programmer for Microsoft. They were rewriting the script making 1 key do several commands. Yes indeed another cheat. 
I’m sure the more modern games are a bit more complicated than MOHAA to cheat in but as @J3st3r mentions I believe a few people here are playing with their files  OR are they just YOUNGER FASTER BETTER . 
lolol

@RobMc 🖕 lolol

Edited by WeednFeed

• Member ID:  24842
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1410
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  14709
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  09/12/1989

19 minutes ago, WeednFeed said:

Well over 20+ years ago I bought my first pc from a local shop . He asked me will you be gaming? If so you’ll need a better video card. Gaming? No I’ve never played a video game, just that ping pong thing.

Three weeks later my brother calls me up saying hey I want you to download MOHAA free sample game! I should have never listened to him. Well I bought the 3 disc expansion pack. Found a FREEZE TAG server owned by the {DOGZ} clan. FREEZE TAG for me is the single best mode.

Well shortly after spending many hours @ {DOGZ} I was invited to become an admin. Now MOHAA was rabid with cheaters our server had many mods but that opened the doors for cheaters because the anti cheat built into the game had to be turned off in order to run our beloved mods.

Well old Weedy here was quite innocent and I had no programming experience and still don’t.  The clan owner explained about peeps coming into the server with wall hacks and etc. He sends me a file that makes everyone in the server 2 fluorescent colours depending on your team. He tells me when ever we suspect cheaters as an admin you turn this on and watch the cheaters run through the map directly to hidden players. So sure enough I’m able to turn these files off and on and ban cheaters. So really as and admin I was using a HACK to catch HACKERS. It didn’t take long to catch them.

We also had a couple of special people in the clan that I always questioned how in the HELL could THEIR FINGERS MOVE SO FAST. I asked them how do you guys shoot, squat and bash so damn fast? “It’s easy we’ll send you a files. Indeed they did. One guy was a programmer for Microsoft. They were rewriting the script making 1 key do several commands. Yes indeed another cheat. 
I’m sure the more modern games are a bit more complicated than MOHAA to cheat in but as @J3st3r mentions I believe a few people here are playing with their files  OR are they just YOUNGER FASTER BETTER . 
lolol

Cheating is a multimillion dollar/euro business. Sometimes they make even more money than the game dev itself, and unfortunately...the modern games suffer more from cheating than the older ones, cause the demand is bigger.

Edited by Sourtap

• Member ID:  26915
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  921
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  14874
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/14/1968
  • Device:  Macintosh

It's all perspective, just try playing with hooves and non opposable digits, y'all are more advantaged than some.

Awards

• Member ID:  24118
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1070
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Achievement Points:  9940
  • Days Won:  11
  • Birthday:  01/23/1962

I would still suck even if I used hacks.  So I just play on and enjoy the witty banter while waiting to get thawed.  🙂

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

1 hour ago, WeednFeed said:

He asked me will you be gaming? If so you’ll need a better video card. Gaming? No I’ve never played a video game, just that ping pong thing.

And that remains true until the present day

🤣

44 minutes ago, RobMc said:

And that remains true until the present day

I was laughing but you deserve another finger! Likely the only real fun we old farts have anymore!

Edited by WeednFeed