Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Rents are fucking high.

Sammy

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.16
  • Achievement Points:  63248
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954
  • Device:  Windows

You have heard Rob say quite often in these forums to be wary, that money does not exist, well more people are latching on to this. Here is a British Archaeologist you probably have seen in documentaries saying the same thing, watch it it's both interesting and frightening. The pundits and gurus in these forums, experts all, forget this fundamental fact, money is imagined, you can have all the bulls and bears you want, supplemented by graphs and forecasts, but the fact remains :-

There is no such thing as money, it is imagined and can be printed anywhere, unless you have belief in it, it is worthless, unlike a property, cow or pig, something real you can touch and trade.

Tread carefully idiots, especially those borrowing

Now is the time to take back control of money, by so doing, we can begin regaining control of our world, says Neil Oliver (gbnews.uk)

• Member ID:  1238
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

On 9/22/2022 at 5:29 PM, Bamm said:

Article today stated that in the Netherlands we have officially doubled the prices of houses in 9 years. It's near right impossible to buy now if you don't already own a house. But, rents have gone the same way, so now we're just throwing tons of money down the drain.

It is the same in the UK where successive governments have failed to meet demand by building social housing. I guess it doesn’t make their fat cat friends enough money.  The price of housing had gone through the roof (excuse pun) but now the market is about to collapse that should correct itself.  Down here, in the south east, we have to pay more than half of our income in rent and local tax - over £1000 per month.

They like welcoming refugees here but there is nowhere left to house them.

• Member ID:  4147
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  752
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6276
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/25/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

Real estate has been, and always will be local..however, some of the reasons for that may be changing. Prices usually went up and remained stable in places that had good paying job opportunities. The pandemic changed much of that with a big shift to “work from home”: Many companies are never going back to the office. This means people with high paying jobs in tech can go live in Omaha Nebraska, rather than in overpriced Seattle/SF etc. These dynamics are going to result in some variations in the real estate market we have never before seen. 

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

This is true. If it was all about work. But do you choose your location based on work? Or do you base it on where you want to live for everything else in your life. Tough question.

Many people love the bay area even with all its flaws for the location. Me not so much. But I dont venture around much when I probably should. Never been to Napa for example to at least take a day drive and check it out. But SF the city, been there done that and dont enjoy it as much as others do.

Too many people are too aggressive especially when they dont get every little thing they want. I mean seriously who in their right mind argues and calls women a bitch because they dont get the kind of $1 piece of chicken they demand when all the signs and such explicitly say no? And dont give up, spending 10 minutes farting around over it? My time is worth more than a $1 piece of chicken. That or a thief that gets caught stealing food, the most expensive stuff also, actually tries to tell the cops 'I have kids to feed'. Or how about some guy in a $40k SUV stealing an $8 custom made sandwich? Oh and its not 'ethnicity' related either, despite cable news fuckers, and I have seen all of them do it. One white dude was straight out of a department store catalog that modeled shorts. Or some guy with an expensive mid-size car steals a piece of pie and waves to employees on the way out to basically laugh and say 'fuck you'.

Im sure its the same in every big metropolis but I hear that here its particularly bad. More so because, unlike many others, its unusually expensive to live here and there is a lot of money floating around. A lot of people put up with that for what they see as the good parts due to the location. So they move here anyway. But it makes me want to move up to the mountains miles away from anyone else. But I cant do that. I do need stuff like medical services relatively close.

• Member ID:  59
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2109
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  15107
  • Days Won:  13

Where ever you go, stay out of Dem ran cities !!!   🤣    Im serious.   You need to move to rural USA.   Buy a place with at least 3 acres (to plant shit).  You will need to grow your own food soon.  Or better, one with a stocked pond to fish, woods to hunt and land to have a descent garden.   And as far as medical services, hell our small town has a hospital and many medical professionals.   Plus country living is good for the body !!!  Yee Haw !!!

• Member ID:  989
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  18092
  • Content Per Day:  3.47
  • Achievement Points:  132566
  • Days Won:  261
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946

3 hours ago, MikeB said:

Where ever you go, stay out of Dem ran cities !!!   🤣    Im serious.   You need to move to rural USA.   Buy a place with at least 3 acres (to plant shit).  You will need to grow your own food soon.  Or better, one with a stocked pond to fish, woods to hunt and land to have a descent garden.   And as far as medical services, hell our small town has a hospital and many medical professionals.   Plus country living is good for the body !!!  Yee Haw !!!

If you're planting shit - STOP!!!!  I know where you can get it FREE!!!!      8P

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Well where would you recommend a location with 3 acres that is neither democrat nor republican? I can think of no better place than one where I don’t have to deal with either. 😜

• Member ID:  59
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2109
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  15107
  • Days Won:  13

18 hours ago, Sammy said:

Well where would you recommend a location with 3 acres that is neither democrat nor republican? I can think of no better place than one where I don’t have to deal with either. 😜

Believe it or not Sammy.  Here in Ohio we all get along !!!    One of my best friends is a die hard Biden fan.  I dont get it 🤨 !!  But hey its his choice.  And we check our political and religious views at the front door.