Jump to content

Recommended Posts


  • Member ID:  31689
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Reputation:   0
  • Achievement Points:  10
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  09/30/26
  • Status:  Online
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Windows

Posted (edited)
🪖An old-school PC veteran reports in (MOHAA and CoD)
 
Hello everyone! First of all, thank you very much for accepting me into the forum .
I'm just popping in to introduce myself and share a brief summary of my years in the Spanish PC gaming scene. I'm talking about the old days: the late 2000s, endless nights on Teamspeak, dedicated servers, and daily chats on the forums.
If any of you here lived through that era, we probably crossed paths on one of these two fronts:
 
 
🎖️My Years in the Medal of Honor (MOHAA)
 
In Medal of Honor , I was at the center of everything that was happening in the community. I didn't miss a thing.
  • Public matches and a great atmosphere: I got along with absolutely everyone. It didn't matter what clan you belonged to or if you were just a regular player; I was always on the servers playing maps or laughing on TeamSpeak.
  • Competing globally: I made the leap to international leagues and played at a global competitive level against foreign clans, mainly facing the best teams in the European scene.
  • National tournaments and LAN finals: Although we competed fiercely abroad, it was at the national level where we truly brought home trophies, winning several major tournaments. The best part was that the finals were played live at LAN centers (internet cafes); we had to travel across the country lugging our PC towers, monitors, peripherals, and all the associated equipment just to compete. A wonderful madness that you don't see anymore.
  • Behind the National Team: I was very involved with the Spanish National Team, but not as a typical front-line player in the Nations Cups; instead, I worked behind the scenes as part of the coaching staff. I was responsible for managing the servers, helping to organize training sessions, and handling logistics so that our players could perform at their best.
  • Chasing down cheaters: I dedicated a lot of time to keeping the game clean. I spent hours analyzing demos from suspected players submitted by the community and testing tools to detect backtracking cheats, doing everything I could to keep our local servers as clean as possible.
  •  
 
🪖The change to Call of Duty: World at War ( CoD5 )
 
As the community began to evolve, I switched to the Call of Duty franchise during the World at War era .
  • Joining a clan and experiencing it firsthand: Shortly after I started playing on the servers, I officially joined a clan in the local competitive scene. I had a blast there, competing in tournaments, playing matches, and sharing the daily grind with my teammates during one of the most fun eras of online multiplayer.
  •  
 
⏳Taking a break from Counter-Strike and returning to my roots
 
After that, life got complicated. Between work and family life , I was forced to stop playing and went several years without being able to touch a single video game.
Later, when I finally had some free time, I spent a while playing Counter-Strike . But honestly... modern games don't do it for me. I really don't like the direction modern shooters have taken. I am, and always will be, a World War II enthusiast .
 
That's why, now that I have more free time, I've become really hooked on playing CoD5 again and reliving those days when I had a great time.
Just so you know: my English is pretty bad, and honestly, I'm quite clumsy with it . That's why I rarely communicate via text or voice chat in-game. I know the basic instructions and terms from my competitive days, but don't expect me to go much further than that, haha!
 
Even so, being a bit of a nostalgic guy, I usually record my current gameplay to keep as a memento. If anyone wants to see some of my gameplay or how the game works today, just ask! I'd be happy to share it.

I also made a donation, but I forgot to include my game username in case you need it.

Thanks again for the invitation; from what I see on the forum, you seem like a fantastic and very well-organized clan. It's a real pleasure to find communities like this. Greetings to all!

Edited by pensondiofe

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.