Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Lag Compensation Fix

Ace>XI<

• Member ID:  2233
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  815
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1993

*Note I: This was originally posted by absol89 in the Steam Forums Click Here to view the original post.

*Note II: This was just a highlight of Infinity7's more detailed post from the Steam Forums Click Here to view the original full detail fix posted by Infinity7. I would highly recommend you check it out. It includes a lot of detailed stuff not included in the below document. Url for those who like to copy & paste:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=26309540#post26309540

*Note III: This is intended for those experiencing issues who have high performance machines/internet connections. If you don't have a decent PC or if you do not have a good Internet Connection from your ISP then this may not help you.

*Note IV: If you try this fix and it helps please let the rest of us know ^^.

====================================================================================

How to reduce the "lag compensation" MW3 adds to your client!

by absol89 (Steam Forums)

Straight from user Infinity7 in the game optimizations summary-thread (Click Here to view)! He works with IW and has provided many solutions. The most important are listed in this thread!

The MW3 engine tries to balance the matches by adding lag to people with high-performance computers and connections - which means: if you have high FPS and GPU usage and low ping or host, the game will see this as an advantage and add latency to your client. This means that the more GPU usage you have - the more time advantage your enemies will have over you!

To fix this and make the hit detection spot on, with high fps and low amount of added lag compensation you need to reduce your GPU usage by limiting some of the variables in the config_mp.cfg

In game - set your resolution to whatever your monitor is and antialiasing to 2x, shadows and depth of field and soften smoke edges to OFF, ambient occlusion to off, image quality to native and textures to high to prevent streaming

Now close the game and go to your config_mp.cfg and change these

seta cl_packetdup "0" - makes hit detection more spot on

seta r_depthPrepass "All" - replaces depth of field with a less GPU hungry variant

seta r_distortion "0" - removes distortion from muzzle flash and fire and explosions

seta r_preloadShaders "1" - reduces the performance hit by not loading shaders as you play

seta sm_maxLights "0" - stops using gunfire and explosions as light source for shadows

seta r_texFilterAnisoMax "2" - better look than 4 (default) and less GPU usage

seta r_texFilterAnisoMin "2" - better look than 4 (default) and less GPU usage

seta snd_enableEq "0" - stops the game from making additional sound processing

Try using these and it will feel like you are playing on a dedicated server again!

It also helps to set the iw5mp.exe priority to low in task manager!

====================================================================================

For those noobs who play console version Here's another fix. This might work for PC platform as well, but I haven't tried it for PC so I'm not sure, but it does make a difference on Xbox Live and will probably work for PSN users as well.

To view what he's looking at in the video just type in your IP address in your web browser (in the website address box) and login to your ISP account or use your network setup wizard/program if you have one. 

Um this screen is a little hard to see so I recommend you Click Here or copy this url: 

Maybe we can make this a Sticky?

• Member ID:  1723
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1375
  • Birthday:  01/16/1960

I made the changes. I actually like the graphics better now. I played about 5 games and noticed no lag issues. It seemed like every time that I was hitting someone - they dropped. I will be keeping these changes. Thanks.

Yup same for me as well. No problem ^^.