Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Junkyard Academy - Rootong For The Underdogs Demo Album

nvcatgut

• Member ID:  66
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  495
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/19/1966

Hey Idiots!

CATGUT here, again, getting in your ear with new music from my band (yep, we finally got two other members so we're official now).  We start practices, creative sessions, and recording this month so that later this year we can provide to you a full album!

So, last year, I made a promise to myself to produce an album and against some challenges, I got it done.  It was a five-song "EP" (Extended Play), rather than a whole album, and near the end of the process, I rushed things.  So when I sent a Demo to KFOG radio, (Major radio station in San Francisco), I later discovered that the tracks I put on THAT disc were the wrong versions of the songs.

The only way I could seem to fix this is to link them to my MySpace page where the REAL and BETTER versions of those songs are.

Here's what I sent them this morning   <---Hit that

Have a listen and... let me know what you think?

As I mentioned, we are gearing up to make a 15 track-record happen this year, so any support all you Idiots throw my way (and by that I mean, words of encouragement and feedback on the YouTube videos I post here), would be great.  While I know I don't wear the XI Tags, I still consider you all family.  So I'll take the good and the bad, it's what constructive critisim is about, I don't take offense.

Know this, though...once the album art and the liner notes are finished, there will be an acknolwedgement to XI in the Special Thanks section.....and if Rugger will allow, a shameless plug to the site....

Lastly, once we have the album complete, I've always had the plan to take half of my earnings and help a couple charities here in my area that benefit the hungry,

I figure, Paul Newman had the right idea, why not follow that idea?

Thanks for being here for me and congradulations to XI for surpassing the 1,000 member mark! 

Thanks from Junkyard Academy,

Lewis