Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Fallout from the Fat(ASS) Acceptance thread

NickTheGrip

• Member ID:  177
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  10581
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/08/1961
  • Device:  iPhone

Well after posting in the thread, I got to thinking (I know, that seems like a stretch) and I really hadn't weighed myself since I kind of fell off the wagon with regard to my diet, using all the excuses I could come up with (too much work, too much traveling, etc)

Just to recap, I started 2010 at 270lb, and by the end of the year I was right at the 200lb  mark ,which I thought was a pretty damn good effort on my part.

I figured I had crept back up to around 220-225 but I got a major shock when I stepped on my scale. It's a good thing its not one of them "talking scales" from the 90's or it might have said "one at a time please", or "Sorry, no coach parties"

I weighed in at 255lb (over 18 stone) to my English brothers or 116kg to my Euro brothers.

For a lot of people, while heavy, that is not excessive, but for me it is. I am only 5'8" so it is time to do something about it.

The reason I am writing this is to bring a little peer pressure on myself. If I announce this to the world (of idiots, at least) I will put myself under pressure to make this work as I will not be able to stand the embarassment to myself of failing in front of so many people. I know they say one of the golden rules is not to tell anyone you are on a diet but I think this works better for me.

So I am putting it out there for all to see. My goal is to get back to the 200 mark before the end of the year. I will post a monthly update and if anyone thinks I am cheating, Lt. Laszlo sees me at work most days so he will be able to attest to whether I am actually achieving this or not. I was thinking about doing this for charity or something, but I would not know where to start organizing something like that and I am not sure the added stress of trying to collect money and such would be a good thing to have as I consider myself a "stress eater".

Let's see how this goes.

Peace all!! 

• Member ID:  2520
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  3748
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/18/1953

Thats a good plan Nick ...really it is and if I may add something you might consider..... Try and find someone to work out with if your schedule will allow it. The reason why is....If your in a competitive scenario you wont want to be known as a quitter and a weenie so you'll go the extra mile to show up your training partner. its kinda a competitive thing if your following me.  just a suggestion bud.  Best of luck to you on your venture.

-R.D.

• Member ID:  558
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3785
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  29048
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/06/1964
  • Device:  Windows

Good plan 

What if your belly in the way? 

Go in any case do not despair. Okay genes and hormones can not change, but other factors such as diet and lifestyle also influence the waist, and you can customize it: 

Abdominal exercises have already been indicated. After many sit-ups, this result, but it's boring and tiring. 
Just want to work your stomach? Then this method is most appropriate. The exercises will flatten your belly without your continued weight loss. 

You can also decide to eat less, especially if your belly is caused by obesity. Pay attention to the quantity of your meals and snacks, and your stomach will shrink. 
Eat or drink a lot of pasta, white bread, white rice, and sweets or beer? 
Let stand over these products, or replace them with whole grain varieties. 
Carbohydrates are known in the belly "to linger." 
The whole grains do, but to a lesser extent. 
Always eat brown bread, brown rice, etc., and do not invest as jam or syrup, but cheese, peanut butter or meat. 
You can also replace carbohydrates with healthy fats. Dine avocados instead of banana and take snacks like nuts, olives or a piece of fish. 
Do not drink too much coffee (actually, caffeine) and alcohol because the negative effects of sugar and white flour strengthen. Can not do without coffee? Then add a dash of milk. This is the caffeine partially degraded (50%). 
You can also drink latte or cappuccino. 
Go exercise! You might not expect, but cycling and (hard) run to help you reduce belly best. Simply come down to the abdominal fat as a result of better blood circulation flow away. Elsewhere in your body fat burned or demolished. 
Other sports are good, nice as it is intense. 
Stop yo-yo. For what it is comes in the belly again. Okay, not so extreme, but at least your belly is growing with each fall and coming. 
Do you not belly fat. Negative thoughts and stress, stress hormones are released and come to care for fat in the abdomen. So make your heart not murder pit of your stomach and not a beer belly. 
Let yourself motivated by the result: belly fat disappear faster than fat elsewhere. So grab a tape measure and see after a few days difference!

• Member ID:  558
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3785
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  29048
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/06/1964
  • Device:  Windows

Increase metabolism 

During metabolism to burn calories. This means that carbohydrates, proteins and fats are converted into energy and heat. 
When your energy, your food is gone, and the calories can not store it as fat. 

If you consume a lot of energy, your metabolism high. In this case, it is possible that your body uses the fat stores, so it will shrink, which leads to the desired weight loss. 

A high metabolism is good, and you achieve this by your body (hard) work. Maybe you see yourself in this day in day out with running, stair climbing and cycling, but this is fortunately not necessary. You can have a number of "tricks" to increase the metabolism rather

1. Sport and exercise 
Okay, if you fall off you will want something to do exercise and sports.  

2. Do not eat too much 
Used to think that you could best lose weight by eating as little as possible. Fortunately, this is outdated, because it is unhealthy, not pleasant and not very effective in the long run. If you eat little, your body adjusts itself to the metabolic costs. That is unfortunate, as this you will still need to eat smaller portions to lose weight. Then you put a comma after the diet, every tidbit doubly stored. The result is that after a period such as line weight is back where it gets stuck. Moreover, you burn with this method is not only fat but also a lot of muscle. And that's not good, because that is the level of metabolism even further down and you lose power for intensive sports. 

3. Three main meals 
Do not eat all day, but limit the number of eating occasions to three main meals. Namely larger meals increase your metabolism, while (more) snacks do not. This is because the digestion of a small amount of food takes place quite easily, while for your body quite a feat for a meal processing. Also think a lot more if you're constantly eating something fresh obvious. Not doing so! Take a breakfast, lunch and dinner and some small snacks. 

4. Always eat breakfast 
Breakfast is important in the lines, because it brings the metabolism going. Breakfast not, then your body remains in "sleep" hanging until the next meal. 

5. Spicy and seasoned 
Curry, chili and other spicy sauces such as mustard stimulate fat burning (and hence metabolism). If you like to eat this sauce, you can handle them in your meal. Sharp spices and herbs like oregano and pepper have a similar effect. But do not exaggerate! You get nothing from a pinch, but too much of spicy sauces is harmful to your taste buds, so you end up only sharp spices to taste. 

6. Note the type of fat 
Fatty foods increase metabolism or not less than foods high in carbohydrates (starch) or protein. Please check with fatty foods. However, healthy fatty acids increase the metabolic rate is. Therefore choose olive oil, nuts and oily fish, and have snacks and chips as much as you can..

• Member ID:  177
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  10581
  • Birthday:  05/08/1961
  • Device:  iPhone

Wow, good advice Judge and thanks RK

When I lost the weight last year I followed some basic rules that I just need to get back to

1. Always eat a healthy brekafast

2. small meals more often

3. don't eat after 8pm

4. more calories out, less calories in - it is simple math

and most importantly for me was 

4. Write down everything you eat, then at the end of the day total up the calories and fat. You will be amazed how all the little things you do add up to screw up your plan. Pretty soon you start actually hitting that 2000 calorie target when before you only thought you were hitting it

Lets see how it goes

• Member ID:  891
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2261
  • Birthday:  02/27/1980

kick ass responses in here ^^

• Member ID:  859
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  681
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  4117
  • Birthday:  11/04/1968

Here's a tip for ya bro, I go on a diet every couple years, and this works like a charm every time:

DRINK WATER.  Lots of it.   With every meal (instead of ANY other drinks), and at snack times.  If you can do it, go for a couple weeks and drink NOTHING but water & see if it doesn't make a difference.  Just like anything else, it takes a little self-discipline at first, but you do get used to it pretty fast.

Water has no calories, fills up your stomach & makes you feel less hungry (I always carried a water bottle at work & sip at it thorough the day to ease snacking urges), and most of all - it REALLY helps your system flush out lipids (fats) through both your kidneys & your bowels.  Cokes/ milk/ even orange juice is LOADED with calories, and Diet Cokes & diet drinks contain phenylalinine and other stuff that inhibits good urine & excretory health (which you MUST have, to lose weight healthily).  The cleansing part is as important as the no-calorie part.

You don't hear that much about it from a "dieting" standpoint, because women don't do it much.... excessive water for women cause them to retain a lot of water & look bigger (especially during their "special time").... but men sweat more, have different chemistries, & usually don't have water retention problems at all.

Actually, I found out about this WAYYY back in my early twenties when I was "body-building".  Every bodybuilder I worked out with drank nothing but water.  Even today, look up bodybuilders' diets online.... especially a few weeks before a contest, they drink NOTHING but water strictly, and plenty of it.

Anyhoo, it has always worked great for me.... I swear by it  - and I bet you can't find a doctor or dietician anywhere that wouldn't *highly* recommend drinking water instead of 99% of the other drinks we usually have.  You may have to pee a little more often, but that really helps your body get rid of wastes & junk (including lipids).

Good luck with it, bro.

• Member ID:  1371
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1906
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  14042
  • Birthday:  03/01/1990

all my childhood i was "fat" and at my worst i was 250 lbs fro mthe age of 16-19 then i started smoking dope and walked1.5 miles to work and then 1.5 back everyday for about 9-10 months. i started eating healthier and what not. I currently weigh 170 lbs :) i am very proud of what i did with my body and it gave me a new perspective on life and a personality boost. I believe in you and you can do anything you want as long as you put your mind to it !