Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

easy Seagate GoFlex mod

Marauder-CDN

• Member ID:  1777
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2989
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  Windows

this is a very easy mod for Seagate Go-Flex external HD's with the removable base,un plug the base,when you look at it you see the typical  SATA connectors,just take(if you have them) a spare SATA cable,try and plug it in..just a bit too short. At this point this is where I clamped the cable into a vise and pulled out my trusty exactor blade..a little of trimming,it fits. Do the same with a molex to SATA adapter and you have createdan external SATA drive..as long as you have spare SATA connectors on your mother board. The whole reason I came up with this was due to the fact my brother-in-law screwed his and had a crap load of data on it...I had one hanging around but USB was taking way to long with EASUS data recovery,the partition recovery was 39hrs, I did this and it dropped to 12. However one drive is hooked up internally..one Esata with an adapter I happened to have laying around.Plus the drives are connected to my home server computer and are sitting on the edge of the 140mm so they stay cooled...I have to copy the recovery files to the back unit to restore the frontIngersoll-20120219-00011.jpg...pain in the buttIMG-20120219-00012.jpgIngersoll-20120219-00010.jpg

• Member ID:  1540
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  856
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  4812
  • Birthday:  09/20/1969

I thought I was the only only one that left the cover off my PC permanently. I also see you left it out to hit with your foot and constantly remind you that you are a Modder Laughing

• Member ID:  1777
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2989
  • Device:  Windows

I always seem to have something ripped apart..but I chose to do this on the server this time rather affect my main system ..the beauty part of this mod is if you have the cabling it saves buying the the Seagate adapter..you go from USB to SATA and the transfer rate is way better. Modding wise ..on my system I ordered off of Ebay red led's and resistors and wired up my own lighting..the one I will display is my first ..but is rude looking that is why I never put it in..my later ones are all mountedled.jpg