Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Uk Ping Help

xCaliber

• Member ID:  142
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  277
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  13866
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/01/1985

• Member ID:  92
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2241
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  13358
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/09/1977

What the ping kicker? We would be all f**ked over here lol :)

That's a useful link for ANYONE across the world to bookmark if they run into bf3 issues. Nice 1

thanks Cavey!..I know the pain of playing game with high ping .. hope it fixes for all of those who have problems :)

• Member ID:  159
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  855
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5145
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

It has been my experience in BF3 that people with high pings have a MAJOR advantage unlike any game I have ever seen. Just a few days ago I was in our server with Cavey and WildBill, Cavey was standing in a doorway close to point blank range, I unloaded an ENTIRE clip into him, RELOADED and dumped half of the second clip in him before he finally died. Keep in mind this was point blank and he hadn't moved. He respawned and came back to the same area and I fired at him again and still couldn't hit him (although this time he was moving) and he turned and killed me, I left the server in frustration.

I know that Heffalump has had this exact same problem in our server with some high pingers, he could not hit them.

The other day Iron and myself were playing TDM and a guy was afk standing in a corner, I shot him with a 100 round LMG also at point blank range and he did not die. I started to reload and then said screw it, and threw a nade on him. He then came back to his keyboard while I was reloading my LMG and turned and killed me only 1 second before my nade blew him up. I hit tab and "YEP" look at that, ping over 200+, its an unfair condition for everyone. BTW my ping on this server was "18".

Any ping over 150 I notice that I shoot at someone and I get hit confirmation on my crosshair and then they turn and shoot me and after killcam I see they have ZERO damage! Even though I know my shot was lined up and I got confirmation that I had hit them, Very frustrating.

I have also noticed that when they kill you it is very weird and lagged, like you will be getting hit as you're running around a corner and then crouch and reload and all of a sudden several seconds later you hear that "zip" sound and you die even though there is no possible way their bullets could have hit you around the corner. Or on occasion high pingers almost seem to kill you before they have fired a shot, just instant death. Whatever they use for anti-lag is an epic fail, high pingers should have the DISadvantage not the advantage.

I know there are people that purposely make machine adjustments to raise their pings on purpose to achieve a ping "sweet spot", I have seen alot of guides explaining what and how to do it.

Negativity is not the purpose of this post, but the ping issue is a major problem with this game and I wish DICE would fix it or turn off whatever it's using for anti-lag, because it doesn't work. It's a massively unfair condition.

Edited by PrimalFear

It has been my experience in BF3 that people with high pings have a MAJOR advantage unlike any game I have ever seen. Just a few days ago I was in our server with Cavey and WildBill, Cavey was standing in a doorway close to point blank range, I unloaded an ENTIRE clip into him, RELOADED and dumped half of the second clip in him before he finally died. Keep in mind this was point blank and he hadn't moved. He respawned and came back to the same area and I fired at him again and still couldn't hit him (although this time he was moving) and he turned and killed me, I left the server in frustration.

I remember that second one. I also get that once every so often. To be hoest I think I turned and got a headshot by luck. Though on the whole I find BF3 to be the best balanced game out when it comes to ping.

• Member ID:  159
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  855
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5145
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I remember that second one. I also get that once every so often. To be hoest I think I turned and got a headshot by luck. Though on the whole I find BF3 to be the best balanced game out when it comes to ping.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that subject then.

After all these years of you and I playing together I have never experienced what happened on that day with you. And you could have got a headshot, you've always been a good shot. But I got 15 headshots and you didn't die, you and your kevlar head! lol

Tbh honest I had the same issue once with xCaliber. I was 3 feet behind and put a clip and a half into his back, he turned round and bang I'm dead. This is what I mean that it does happen once in a while.

Will try and have a game soon and give it another try to see if it was a one off.

Burst fire is greater than putting whole click in guy..

use any gun but fire it as burst .. shoot stop shoot stop ..increases accuracy overall and lot of damage

thats what I understood in this game.. it works everyime..

Very true