Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

mini maps & my new map

AngerIssues

• Member ID:  23518
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  988
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Achievement Points:  7851
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  13

i have read what people have said about mini maps, every single time i do it the way the tuts are, the location of yourself or anyone else i'm sure for that matter is always WAY OFF! it never lines up between being in the map and buildings or whatever location you are in on the map.

WELL!

i have found that if you lower where you are for the mini map when you take the shot, it lines up so close to "PERFECT" it'll make you sick to your stomach! now i went down to i think it was 6800 when i took this picture for the mini map and i'm like a 16th of an inch off maybe from my exact location between both the mini map and the map itself. i had to share this because it's just the right damn thing to do!

for around 9 or 10 months i've been working on another map that i know people will enjoy...............it's gonna be beltot2 (original map by dhcsparks) i have taken the water glitch out of it and shut down the access on the opfor? side of the map

wow i just thought i might not have set the sides right, to the way sparks did his/as far as what team was on what side of the map/it doesn't matter now lol because i sure as hell ain't gonna change it now!

you cannot shoot through the water anymore/in or out makes no difference ? and i don't give a hoot where you go, you will not, get out of the playing area of this map i don't care what you do (the glitchers i mean) ?

i've put mega hours in this and i hope i did it right lol

i almost forgot........................................the marine side of the map you can now get on the roof of that main building (for the snipers lol) you can still jump from the center wall to the back of the barn for roof access on the opfor side. also the main house on the opfor side you can only gain access to the roof from the second floor now instead of jumping from that wall at the back of the house (does that make sense to you)?

i've had more damned errors, nodes without volume, brush emitting tiny portal holes or some crap, fx errors, oh man i'm telling you. however now the only errors i have are um crap...textures floating needing aligning or something like that?

i hope this helps as far as the mini maps go!

i need opinions on the big house for the opfor side though, as it stands right now that side of the map you can have access to all 3 roof tops just like before. shouldn't i take the access away from the big house since you can get on the barn roof as well as that small building in front of the silo? i think i should but you guy's tell me what you think please!

thanks,

rick

i think i can have this out in a couple of weeks maybe? oh yeah, another pain in the ass was setting up the gametypes OMG lol! i'm gonna finish the other map also but this one was fun! i hope this works, my wings are tired because i've been winging it all the way through. i can't believe i've made it this far! i can run it without errors finally through the compile tools?

beltot2.png

beltot2.1.png

Awards