Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Remastering broken mixes

LiquidStool

• Member ID:  508
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  472
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  5787
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/20/1969

morning.....

does anybody know what program i can use?  Several years ago, i ripped a load of my mix cd's, unfortunatley when i did, the were written back to discs as individual tracks.  Now i've got some spare time, i'd like to rebuild those mixes but as one complete file. not 30 inividual tracks.

I could do it the hard way and use Wavelab or Cubase, but frankly, that's a lot of fuckin around.  If i select all the individual files and load them to winamp, it plays them with no pause/gaps at all, just as they were mixed.  Is there a (cheap/easy) way of recording them while they're playing in Winamp? 

Don't suggest (and i know some idiot will anyway) outting them to a DAT etc, cus that'd cost me an arm and a leg.  There must be a program i can use???

• Member ID:  1
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1909
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  11489
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1975

I use a software called Cool Edit Pro, it's perfect for what you need, it's a paid software but there are versions out there on the torrents,

The feature your looking for is called "Mix Paste", it lets you paste a new track straight on the end of an existing one,

• Member ID:  508
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  472
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  5787
  • Birthday:  01/20/1969

thanks man,

i was about to download one with bit torrent then noticed that Adobe bought the rights and have renamed it Audition.  Downloaded the official free trial then got a cr*** from the torrents, works like a dream - and saved myself $350!  Bit more advanced than what i wanted it for but it's so advanced i should be knocking out remixes much faster!

Thanks again man

Stool

• Member ID:  721
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1516
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

Cool edit pro is a good audio work station .. i still use to to level my tracks and convert them from wav to mp3. but what u will face with this is a beatmatching .. so u prolly need to stretch the audio so that the end of one sample will match with the one thats fading in and that can be a pain in the ass since u need to make sure in which note that sample is plus u need to know the tempo of the track/sample .. so i suggest get a hold on Ableton Live + Mixed In key. with Live you can actually build a new beat and add new stuff around your current sample/track and make something ccomplete new out of it. i produce music myself and been using Live for a long time and theres not a single program out there that can do what Live can .. Audio in live is like a rubberband .. stretch it the way u want and u can set any tempo u want and the audio u'll load in will match the beat right away ... some files need warping but with new Live its very easy. i use Live for Djng aswell .. since it has all the features .. warp your tracks and make sure they match the beat :) ..... Cubase NO! its a very very good program but it takes way too long to understand it. i started out with Reason 2.5, then used Pro Tools with Cuebase over re-wire and now im all over Live and think its been 5 years now and still counting.