Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Anyone that has d.l games from steam and uses xfire to play

• Member ID:  41
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  252
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1975

I reinstalled COD4 because I have been having so many issues with the game. Now my problem is when I try to launch the game through xfire it opens steam because I bought it through there. I already learned my lesson and will never do this again, but for now... does anyone know how to make steam stop opening when I try to launch through xfire. Some how I either did not have this issue before or I fixed it and don't know how I did it. I just want to play through xfire only. If I play through steam and have xfire open it gives me a zillion errors. Thanks in advance for any one that can help!

Btw, I took steam off of auto sign-in but it still opens steam and will not let me connect through xfire.

• Member ID:  41
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  38
  • Achievement Points:  252
  • Birthday:  01/31/1975

Nvm, I launched through steam and am still getting the Iw3mp error. I have researched the hell out of this and don't know what else to do. I have updated everything! The only thing I saved from the previous install is the player file so that I could keep my rank. Any ideas? Im at a loss.

• Member ID:  369
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  40
  • Achievement Points:  285
  • Birthday:  05/09/1959

I know nothing about steam but have you looked in your xfire options-games and see what the path to the game is? Maybe it references steam in that command line?