Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Backing up Rank Folder

dragonlady>XI<

• Member ID:  41
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  252
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1975

I wanted to uninstall COD4 and reinstall it to see if I can work some of the game issues out that I have been having. What folder do I save for my ranking on freezetag, thats the only 1 I care about. Thanks!

Thanks, wasn't quite that easy, I d.l from steam. But atleast the folder name was the same.

• Member ID:  222
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  88
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3846
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Achievement Points:  25628
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/05/1968
  • Device:  Windows

DragonLAdy, that works if you are on XP. If you have Vista, there is another folder that you would need. The CoD4 folder in the Programs Folder is the originally installed file and any updates or changes to that file (your rank) are made to a different file in Vista. If you have Vista, let me know and and I can get you to the right folder.

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  482
  • Content Count:  53
  • Achievement Points:  327
  • Birthday:  06/23/1967

i wish i would have read this topic this morning when my windows crashed on me and i had to format. i was at Prestige rank 64 . omfg i was pissed the entire day. took so long to get there and was trying to make 65 then it puts me backl 0 . Does

ne 1 know how i can get my ramk back?

Alright I backed up the rank folder.. re-d.l cod4 and put the folder back in.. and got the same error that Iw3mp has caused an error blah blah blah....so I took the folder back out re-dl the damn game again and tried to play with out the player folder..same problem. Now what is making me mad is even though I had this error before I could still get on COD4 through xfire. I have corrected my xfire problem I was having on another post but I get this error even with xfire... so I deleted steam.. even deleted it from my registry. Then I had a different windows installing error and I fixed that too. So I have re-installed steam, re-installed cod4. I know you can delete the Iw3mp file by itself. I have done that.. but even when I did I still got the same error. In another post I stated, that I have updated everything that can be updated. Short of formating this POS, I am at a loss. Can my player file be corrupt? Would someone know by looking at it? My husband took my players file and put it in his cod4 on his pc and loaded it and it said my stats had been reset. I still have the original though. I will send it to anyone that knows anything about it or can possibly help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! BTW I am running xp for now.. I had the same problem when I flipped over and tried using windows 7.. its still the same game..so no change.

One more thing and then I am not going to post any more because it seems there is no one with any ideas. After repeadily loading my player file onto my husbands pc and going into game all of them came back as mp_data corrupt. So is my whole player file corrupt? I really have no idea what I am doing here. Thanks again

• Member ID:  222
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  88
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3846
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Achievement Points:  25628
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/05/1968
  • Device:  Windows

DragonLady, did you get this working? I haven't seen you on in a while. I am sure that this can be worked out! Damn, my whole PC crapped out and has been out of commission for over 3 weeks now, but I might get it running again today. I could take a look at it for you. Or - I bet Mnstr could probably look at it and tell you something.

No nothing is resolved. I am still unplayable and a just mad that I cant play even if I wanted to.. which I do.. so I am playing LOTRO with the hubby .. I really dont want to reformat or have to level up again.

• Member ID:  393
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  64
  • Achievement Points:  400
  • Birthday:  03/23/1991

Some guy on that forum.
mpdata information: rank, chanllenges and custom classes are saved here. if you change your keycode, cod4 says "your mpdata is corrupt, resetting stats". when i renamed mpdata.corrupt back to mpdata and used old keycode, my rank, challenges and custom classes came back but the names of the custom classes. they are now called "Custom Class Slot" 1 to 5 and i have to rename them again. i guess the names aren't saved here (?).

One thing I found so far, makes some sense. I'd say go into your profile folder, and your player's name. You'll see mpdata.corrupt in there if you're still getting that corruption error. It should fix it. Or at least lead you on the right track. More info here: http://www.modcod4.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?776But because it is a mod, you will have to check out the mpdata from the mod folder in your profile.C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\ \mods\ftag\