Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Minecraft Ban Appeal

• Member ID:  25991
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  41
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

This appeal and its replies are in a public forum and can be seen by all.

What server were you banned from?: Xtremidiots 1.7.10 Pack
When did you get banned?: About 5-6 months ago
What was your in-game name?: zacktronix
What is your game GUID (if known):
Why do you think you were banned?:

Hi, I'm relatively new to the server and I'm in a town called Shirey. My story is a pretty simple one - I was just working on the town when the profanity filter on the chat had been removed. Without really thinking about what would happen if I said any particular words, I started experimenting with finding out what words were filtered. It was late in the afternoon and I was just having fun without thinking. I had typed in all the profanities that I knew (all their censors had been lifted by the way), except from the 'n' word. The thing that happened next woke me up a bit, though - the text read: 'You have been silenced!', and then I was banned. I didn't mean anything by what I said. I didn't type in any insult to anyone. I was just curious and not really careful about how quickly I could come from being in a server to being banned forever.

I have made loads of progress and haven't been unpleasant to anyone on the server. Extreme Idiots is the best 1.7.10 Pack server I could find and I would really love to keep playing there:)

Thank you for reading this and I really hope I get the opportunity to play on this server again!

• Member ID:  47
  • Group:  +++ Minecraft Head Admin
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  664
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  5354
  • Birthday:  10/13/1983
  • Device:  Windows

well if you are really curious how you were banned forever its because you knowingly and repeatedly tried to find words that bypassed the filter. the chat filter was never turned off and it never has been. you purposely bypassed it, We will discuss and get back to you

With all due respect, how was I able to bypass the filter if it was on? I didn't attempt to bypass anything that was in-place - I just noticed that the censor wasn't censoring things anymore, so I decided to explore what had changed (obviously without thinking too much about it). I can't help but wonder why it wasn't doing it anymore; maybe it could have been a glitch or recent update that I hadn't known about? Did it stop working for other players aswell? That might be the reason why only I fell short to it.

It'd be really nice to see the full picture of what happened that allowed me to end up like this, and maybe help me avoid silly things like this in future should I be allowed back on. I mean I'll obviously be a lot more careful as to what I do regarding automatic bans and whatnot, but it just feels kind of strange that no-one else noticed the censor lift.

• Member ID:  47
  • Group:  +++ Minecraft Head Admin
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  664
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  5354
  • Birthday:  10/13/1983
  • Device:  Windows

I think most of the admin team is with me on this one when i say that your ban should remain permanent. What you said and the way you directed at someone is not acceptable in any context.  

I'm sorry if my memory is a bit hazy, but I'm quite certain that I did not direct the words at anyone, although it is possible that I might have been talking to someone when I discovered the filter had changed in some way. Please, you have to understand that those words were driven entirely by curiosity. You seem very steady with your decision of a perma ban. Maybe I could see the chat logs and possibly clear up any misunderstandings from what I wrote?

I'm not sure but I think I was in a private chat with Shirey at the time. I wouldn't have had any reason to insult him unless it were a joke. I could have maybe put the words into an insulting sentence whilst I was experimenting with what was no longer censored just for the sake of 'look at what I can say now that the censor is off!' or something silly like that, but I'm just thinking aloud here.

If any of the above was the case then I'd just like to stress that I really didn't have any disrespect for the server or anyone in it, and anything that I may have said while I was in that mind-state - I wasn't even thinking about who would read it let alone if I had offended anyone. In any case, it would really be mortifying for me to be banned forever for such a stupid mistake - it would really mean a lot to me if you could empathize with my stupidity and maybe even find it in you to change the ban to temporary. Even for a year; or two years. I mean I obviously wouldn't do something like that again, and even if I do I'll probably just get automatically perma banned; and if then, I won't even bother to appeal. I'd feel too stupid ':D

Edited by zacktronix
To explain why I would accept such a long temporary ban.

I can assure you, I still feel the cringe from the moment I was banned to the moment I realized why - and it just gets worse when I think about it and realize that I was probably even writing sentences that were directed as insults containing those words. I'm guessing that you probably think I was aiming them towards shirey.

This was meant to be an edit ...I just figured now out how editing works ':D

Edited by zacktronix