Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Oh Boy! I Don't Even Know What To Do With This.

BurnnBright

• Member ID:  5785
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  172
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1098
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970
  • Device:  Windows

Seems  harm to the pc is small problem.  Identity thief and future financial ruin are really concerns. Change all personal financial infor and Freeze all her credit.

Awards

• Member ID:  3174
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  100
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  17423
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/24/1957

I'm sick over this.  She actually believes that she didn't give the guy any information.  I tried to explain things to her but this woman believes that her computer isn't connected to the internet unless she's signed into AOL.  lol  I've told her a hundred times that's not true but she can't wrap her mind around it.  She still recalls the days of using dial up internet so she can't comprehend that the computer is always connected to the internet now.  She accesses her bank accounts online and she does shop the internet occasionally.  She uses it to research family history, check email, Facebook and prepare legal documents for people such as deeds, wills, etc. 

My only reason for a system restore was to hopefully change settings back and get rid of whatever (if anything) he installed.  I was planning on scanning her system for malware and viruses before backing anything up.  The guy warned her NOT to install internet security software.  lol  As for IP addresses, I don't know how to change that.  I've told her to call the bank first thing in the morning.  

I've been telling her for weeks that I was going to install TeamViewer on her's and my dad's computers so that I could help maintain them.  I haven't done it yet.  When I set up my dad's new computer a year ago, I made him a user account. He's not the admin on his own computer.  I have to install the Windows updates and do the maintenance because he's not allowed to install anything. :hrhr: He likes it that way as he's never used a computer before.  

I hope the scammer guy gets every sexually transmitted disease on this planet and even some new ones that we don't know about!!!!   :realmad:  :realmad:  :realmad:  :realmad:

Note to self...  

DO NOT PISS BB OFF

• Member ID:  2279
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1000
  • Birthday:  06/09/1956

Any info they wanted they got right a way. time is important in these matters. often they install programs so they can view what is going on after there first in counter. sorry to hear this has happend to her.

• Member ID:  689
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2030
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  13317
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/22/1965
  • Device:  iPhone

I agree with baldie, trash the hard drive, they are cheap, and get on the bank and credit card stuff quickly, I had a friend whos mom lost her house and everything from this kinda scam.  The fuckers were from overseas and nothing could be done, bankruptcy and a rental unit now, please take care of the bank stuff quickly

• Member ID:  22339
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  167
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1715
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  12965
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  03/20/1972

I had her contact the banks right away.  She got new account numbers and credit cards. I also made her change all of her online passwords and user names, especially for the banks.  She had identity theft protection already because several months ago, a hacker hacked into the Department of Revenue website and stole nearly everyone's information.  The state gave us all free ID Theft monitoring for whatever that's worth.  

I scoured her computer and ran malware and virus scans.  I found nothing.  I also did a  system restore and installed new anti-virus/internet security software.  

• Member ID:  5514
  • Followers:  36
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  792
  • Birthday:  07/20/1914

its a scam, they have called me also..... just ask them to tell you what the mac address is on the computer..... they r too dumb to know that that is, and they usally just hang up after that..... or you can do what i do sometimes and tell them someone is at the door and lay the phone down....... and come back to it every 2 or 3 mins to make sure they are there but then tell them again that you have to get something or do something and lay the phone down again :)

• Member ID:  22339
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  167
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1715
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  12965
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  03/20/1972