Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

win 8 cpu fan control

simplemod

• Member ID:  623
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1072
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  7809
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/26/1982

I finally got a day off, first one in a while. A friend of mine upgraded his server for his company, and gave me his old server and rack. Also gave me an unused win 8 pro. I did a dual boot on my main system, and I have always used AI Suite II with fan expert to control my cpu fan, but it is not availible on win 8. Tried a couple work arounds, and no dice there either.

Speed fan is more hassle than Im looking for at the moment, are there any other softwares that I could use to control CPU fans based on tems for win 8?

and just so you understand, I aint switching to win 8, I just need to learn it so I can have some advantage when someone brings me a PC with it on it. Can't work on something yuou don't know. Would appreciate some ideas if you got em.

• Member ID:  3189
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  94
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5234
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  48754
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957
  • Device:  Windows

CPU fan speed is controlled by the temperature sensors and the chipset on the motherboard.  Although there may be some applications that have override control, this is not necessary, and could lead to problems if set too low.  Some fan headers on the motherboard are not variable, but are rather used for fixed speed cabinet fans, or fans that may have their own speed control.  Check your motherboard's docs to find out how the headers are labeled.  The CPU fan header is usually pretty close to the CPU socket, but that's not the best indicator; the header label is the best indication.