Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Fire Tablet wi-fi

• Member ID:  489
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4670
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41052
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Amazon fire refused to connect to my home wi-fi. Bit annoying, because it found every network surrounding me, but couldn't connect to the same home network it had been using for months. Rebooted it, rebooted my routers, checked all my other devices (they were happily connected) and no go. Re-typed my SSID & password half a dozen times, turned off bluetooth, finally got pissed enough to do a factory reset. DING! Found my network immediately. WTF.....too bad fire doesn't offer much in the way of diagnostic tools, it tells it's working, or not. At least my Android devices offer you options. Does this again it's getting rooted and 11.0 getting installed.

bird3.jpg

• Member ID:  389
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  45
  • Topic Count:  296
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4473
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  36540
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  40
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970
  • Device:  Windows

the bug / back door  has been planted.    

any IP device you get reset to factory to settings for you not who know had before you, also hook device to PC thats not internet accessable and main control PC.

use the  router web interface  http://192.168.0.1 , 192.168.0.1 or what manual say to use 

Enter the default username and password for your router's configuration page from manual. then set your own user/pwd 

using min, of 12 character's any letter, combined any symbols.    

and write it down and  save it.  set-up  PPPoE (ISP) or Network (your the Admin)  info.

Then connect internet to router. set up all your rules wanted, check all is workin if is then take a image of router configuration and save it on HDD or  USB flash  

TLCB hope you got rid of the spamware in the process 

Edited by KaptCrunch