Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

COD4 General Questions

Oldmankickas

• Member ID:  1441
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  75
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1961

OK, I have been playing COD5 (usually just FFA games) for about 6 months and started playing COD4 a couple months ago.  Just curious, are there any XI servers for FFA games in COD4?  I have been having quite a bit of fun with COD4 on the servers that appear in the list, but I have a feeling there are XI servers out there and I just need to figure out how to get to them...  I define "noob".

Is there a place to go for us newbies when it comes to learning how to participate in coop games?  Most of my gaming life has been spent on flight sims (Falcon), so it has been quite some time since I've done much online gaming and pretty much never any team stuff.  I've been a little chicken to join because I have no idea what to do and don't want to piss off any of my new XI friends when I accidentally shoot someone in the back Surprised I tried joining a freezetag game once and left after about 30 seconds...  Now that I finally have my headset working after upgrading to Win7, I'm ready to try!

My final question is about hardware...  I assemble my own PC's, like many here probably do, but I have no clue about the keyboard and mouse (or controller) that works best with FPS games.  My wireless mouse/kbd are clearly not cutting it.  Any consensus?  I tried my son's x-box controller (on his x-box) and pretty much failed miserably.  I am leaning towards a lighted keyboard, but that is not a deal breaker. If an X-Box style controller will work better in the long run, I can bite the bullet...  My son will use it on his pc if I don't.

Thanks for reading this far!!!

Oldmankickas (Kurt)

System stats:

MSI 790FX-GD70 MB

AMD Phenom II quad core

dual ATI 4770 cards  (still does pretty damn good!)

8gb of ram

Win 7

• Member ID:  480
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2647
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  45899
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975
  • Device:  Android

we have a COD4 FFA located at 69.9.170.52:28960   called Extreme Idiots Ace Mod   great bunch in there and ALOT of talent! There is a list of all our servers on the main page, i think you my even be able to join right to game through it? not quite sure, i know you can see the people on the server and scores. I play Ftag mainly myself. And we recently started a COD 4 Ftag server with a MW2 mod, so you get MW weapons, kill streak rewards ect

I also spent most of my time in a flying game, not really a flight sim, it was Fighter Ace. Flying around in WWII planes shooting people down online, same as FPS, just in the air LOL

The hardware i dont know about personaly, i use a generic keyboard and optic mouse. Nothing flashy or anything like that

Hope this helps somewhat, if not, someone more intelligent than me will happen by LOL

• Member ID:  1746
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  135
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  785
  • Birthday:  01/24/1979

Game types:

I am lame and don't exactly know what "FFA" is but I’ll assume it's Free For All. The only "FFA" i know of on here is the "Knife Only" server.

Otherwise just go to a populated freeze tag server and jump in, the >XI< bunch are pretty laid back if you die a lot that's just more defrost points for someone else. no major assholes around here I've run into. Just use a key board and remember to defrost point at the Ice cube and hold the "use" key on default this is the "F" on the keyboard. All other keys just set to your liking but keep use in the same place.

***edit*** what he said I did not know about the ACE Mod....so cool beans

Hardware:

Any wired or Bluetooth keyboard should do, lighted are great but ever since my kids poured water on mine I’ve been using a cheap Dell media keyboard i stole from work.

Mice are nice: I've used some nice ones but have found little difference as long as it's a laser mouse so you don't have to clean it mid game.

***: also friendly fire is off you can't kill team mates

***: also again just ask in game on anything else. Someone will usually respond

*****Comments/suggestions are my own and are not officially sanctioned by the >ex eye< klan*****

I have not drank the Kool-Aid…much maybe just a sip so far.

• Member ID:  645
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  4328
  • Birthday:  04/19/1960
  • Device:  Windows

Screw the COD4 and 5 servers Wink.... Reload or pick up Cod2 for cheap , visit the Cod2 DM server and have the best time of your life.

We love the newbys... lots of laughs and kickass players.

If you want a great gamepad... pick up the Logitech G13 pad and go for it.... 25 programable buttons to play with. Cobined with a good optical mouse that has 5 buttons, you can do everthing on those two controllers.

Artimus