Jump to content

RANDALL

** Registered Users
  • Posts

    844
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    9
  • Donations

    174.21 USD 
  • Points

    538,800 [ Donate ]

Everything posted by RANDALL

  1. @ANGU5 is that why you make personal attacks against people like myself and @Sharpebecause you refuse to believe they are not cheating? When, in fact, we are not? Before my Dad passed away in 2015, you attacked me on a daily basis. You'd join the server looking for a fight. GG was an admin and still played on the server at that time and I refuse to believe she was unaware of the rule against personal attacks, and I refuse to believe she did not notice your behavior at the time. This kind of indifference proves she does not deserve to be an admin. You should have been punished for that. If your son played this game and I attacked him the way you attack me, you'd find a way for GG or another admin to ban me. It shouldn't take my Dad passing away for you to have a change of heart to not be an asshole. I haven't found another role model since my Dad passed away, but you show me what not to look for. My "small mind" is leaving because of the game mechanics, not the people themselves.
  2. I respectfully disagree. My best friend is a retired professional gamer. I sat and talked with him for four hours tonight. I explained how complicated this new mod is and long story short, he recommended not playing anymore. I have my frustrations with Server 1, the only other XI server I play on, with how it seems the W1200 shotgun has been nerfed. After watching the video I posted of the new mod, I can't say I can recommend our servers anymore. It has nothing to do with the players but the game mechanics themselves. This might seem spontaneous, but I have been thinking about this decision much longer than my four-hour talk this evening. @Ruggerxi @ROCKAPE you can take my tags. I quit. For the people who anxiously wait to call me a hypocrite or rage quitter for whatever reason, go ahead. Your opinion will never matter to me. Last time I left the clan and rejoined, I was told it was my last chance. I understand and I accept these terms. A few shoutouts: @pitbullpete I will miss you. You are fun to play with and bring positive energy to a mostly toxic environment. @THE MEEK Your mentality as a freezetag player is the right way to play. Selfless, not selfish. Defrost first, then shoot, until overtime. @T-Rat You are a class act and a prime example of a good admin. I always appreciated your good sportsmanship and warmly greeting me when I join Server 1. This month is my 10 year anniversary of playing Call of Duty 4 on PC. It's been a good ride. It's time to focus more on my health and transition mainly to a weekend warrior to play video games, if at all. V/R, Jonathan Randall
  3. @Sammy I also think the EMP mines and the trophy system should be inventory items. Having claymores or bouncing betties on top of a mine or trophy is overpowered in my opinion and makes revenge killing very hard. A camper can hold such a tight angle sometimes that a grenade is the only way you can kill them, only to be destroyed while at the same time if you try to jump them, you die to their claymore or bouncing betty. People used to complain about the range on my shotgun, but I sacrifice an inventory item in order to use a Grip on my shotgun to do so. So, I have a grenade, a pistol, and a shotgun. Who really has the advantage? I liked Stealth in the old mod because I did not have to worry about claymores or bouncing betties which would enfuriate people who used them, but they fail to realize I die to every RC-XD, noob tube, grenade, or explosive.
  4. I think Heist is a bad concept. I have a suggestion. In the previous mod, I understand good players had no problem getting killstreaks while lower skill players had a hard time getting any killstreaks at times. Heist now turns the table and promotes camping and less skill. My suggestion comes from Call of Duty WW2. There is a perk called Requisitions where killstreak progress is not reset upon dying, but cost more (requires more kills/score), and can only be earned once per map. So, for our server, I see a place for it. If you remove Heist and replace it with Requisitions, people are not penalized for moving and searching for the enemy only to get their killstreaks stolen, while at the same time, people who struggle to get killstreaks normally don't lose hope and just keep working toward getting the killstreaks they like. Obviously the exception would be a tactical nuke. @Sammy what do you think?
  5. Meanwhile, I just want a SAM Turret (4 killstreak) because I think they are cool, and now most maps I am lucky if I get one because they all get stolen. The only real time I get to use them is if I survive until the end of the round and carry it over. Next round, though, I either place it immediately and then run and gun because if I die it will just get stolen, or I sit in a corner and wait for something like a helicopter to get called in to use the SAM Turret. I just like watching the animation. It is a well-designed killstreak and I like the concept. Yet people complain about my low ping and all the kills I get but have nothing to show for it. Meanwhile, someone can sit in a corner, do nothing, bait their teammates and just run from bubble to bubble like it's an Easter egg hunt to steal killstreaks. At this point, it's whatever. The Heist perk probably won't be removed, so it's just part of the game now. It's not cheating, so I can't complain. Not worth getting frustrated over. Long term, I think it is bad for the server as far as attracting younger players to play on our server -- the sole purpose of my Youtube channel. Kids live for obtaining killstreaks so there are two possible outcomes: 1. People with skill won't want to play here because it will all be for nothing. 2. Others will realize they don't need to try that hard or actually practice and get better at the game because they can just steal killstreaks. Again, my opinion.
  6. Posted this on the wrong thread earlier. @Sharpe I appreciate the homework you have done to dig through the code, but in my opinion the Saritch in the previous mod was overpowered. It had no recoil, no bullet spread, and no crosshair sway while no other fully automatic assault rifle had that privilige, at the cost of a slow reload time. I like the AK-47, but it was mostly unreliable long range. You have a good eye, and I don't like being outshot at long range when I am hardscoped aiming at you with a sniper rifle because you have a laser beam weapon with infinite range and stopping power with Armor Piercing, even with a silencer. Since everyone used the Saritch, you never had to worry about running out of ammo or using Scavenger because you could always pick some up off the ground. I did not have this luxury with the AK-47 because no one used it for the reasons I mentioned above. I haven't tried the Saritch in the new mod, but after watching some of google's videos, while there might be a slight difference, maybe now it is less overpowered. I understand you want a reliabel weapon, we all do. Yes, maybe you can't spam long range, but maybe try tap firing it like a semi-automatic to see if the accuracy is better. As for me, I can't even shoot you with my .44 mag right now, so if you miss a few rounds, it doesn't make a difference to me. Maybe against some of the overpowered LMGs it will, but one thing I am glad I have learned while playing CoD WW2 is you can't have everything. This is my opinion. Please don't explode.
  7. @google I think you are being ridiculous. Please calm down. You can ask nicely. I know I have had some complaints, but the mod is a work in progress and I'd like to thank @Sammy for volunteering his time. I realized this morning that Sammy could just say fuck it and leave the server as it is. With all the abuse he has received, he has every right to.
  8. Thanks, that worked.
  9. I logged into PayPal on my phone and didn't see any way to cancel the automatic payment. I remember some time in the past an instance where the app was limited functionality. I'll try logging into their website now.
  10. I have automatic payments set up to donate. I am not really having any fun playing on our servers right now, so I don't want to donate anymore. How do I cancel my subscription?
  11. @Sammy Could you please look at the accuracy of the .44 mag revolver? I have @ANGU5 and @Tron as witnesses. I could not hit someone who was not moving today on the map Strike. I mentioned in an earlier post as well that I missed five consecutive shots on an afk player from their spawn house. Thank you.
  12. Happy Birthday @AusiGirl !!!
  13. @YACCster It is my opinion only, not an agenda because I have no intent. My frustration has nothing to do with you, specifically. Here is why I am frustrated: The pump action shotgun is a downgrade compared to the SPAS-12 in the old mod because of a horrible sprintout time compared to near instant hipfire capability with other guns, reduced range even with the Grip, and I can't jump to close the distance and shoot mid air because of the sprintout time. I am getting used to this, I just have to adjust like everyone else with their favorite gun. The .44 Mag is unreliable. The rate of fire is not purely semi-automatic. It does not matter how fast your trigger finger is, it won't fire any faster. I use it to snipe to make up for my shotgun's limited range. It is less powerful now. It is also much less accurate. I was playing on the map aosta valley yesterday and I had made it to the enemy spawn house at the top of the hill. I saw an afk player in their spawn. From the second floor window at the back of the house, I aimed center torso at the afk player, took my time, and missed the first five shots before landing the sixth. I cannot rely on this at all. How can I kill someone using a trophy system outside the range of my shotgun if the .44 mag is so inaccurate? As I mentioned in a previous post, the trophy system even shoots down smoke grenades. I just want to run by and not get shot. I can understand shooting down nova gas, but not smoke grenades. The Steath perk has been nerfed. I wish it would grant immunity to bouncing betties and claymores like in the previous mod. My playstyle is to infiltrate and take out campers. There are so many measures in place to protect campers now that I must repeatably die trying to get close enough with my shotgun, and by then, I will have fed the camper so many kills to escape with a spawn protection killstreaks once I get defrosted. I understand I can use thr Hacker perk now, but I prefer Dead Silence because good players take advantage of sound to hear footsteps. I have used the same class setup for years. Everything has been nerfed. I barely get enough kills to get an RC-XD. I don't even like using spawn protection killstreaks because I think the post killstreak spawn protection is cheap, but now I pretty much have to use it to retreat and set up my SAM Turret, or else it just gets stolen. Most maps I get to use no killstreaks at all unless I survive until the end of the round.
  14. @YACCster You aren't complaining because this server is a direct upgrade for you. You just throw grenades at people and steal killstreaks. Even worse, you taunt the person afterward. As toxic as they come. I can't say I am mad, though. In fact, I am at peace because it's not about killstreaks for me. I expect my killstreaks to be stolen if I die. I don't use Heist because I am not a piece of shit human being. @Sammy it would be funny if when someone steals an Explosive Decoy with Heist they blow themselves up.
  15. @Sammy Could you look at the SAM Turret? My own SAM Turret might have shot down my Predator Missile. Also, the SAM Turret struggles against UAV Recons. It seems to hit a ceiling or miss a lot. I watched six missiles miss a UAV yesterday. Also, when my SAM Turret is shooting something, the following message is spammed: "DP: target visible!" Also, I like to use the Smoke grenades, not the nova gas. Is there a reason why the Trophy Systems block smoke grenades? I just want to run by and not get shot.
  16. View this video Description I cut off 20 minutes before this map since this one was so long.  
  17. View this video Description  
  18. View this video Description Sorry for windowed mode. Not sure what happened.  
  19. The sprintout time, or the time it takes to stop running and shoot, on the pump action shotgun is too long in my opinion. It is very hard to run and gun with it currently.
  20. No SPAS-12 and the .44 Mag shoots slower. I've used these two guns for years. I'll have to test the range of the new pump action shotgun, but I'm sad to see the SPAS-12 go. I'd rather see the M1014 go, but I am biased towards pump actions. Aside from that, Hunter Killer and Stealth are still the same perk spot. Two mods ago, I loved using Scavenger, Stealth, and Hunter Killer with a silenced Intervention sniper rifle. I could truly be stealthy. It takes way too long to steady the crosshair of the sniper rifles. Without Hunter Killer, you waste almost your entire breath to steady it. In other Call of Duty games, I run and gun with sniper rilfes. Here, you're better off with a crossbow or a pistol. I don't know if the defrost mechanic added sway to the crosshair, but to be honest, I'd rather not be able to defrost with the sniper rifle in exchange for shorter steady time. Right now, and even in our current mod, if you don't use a Steady Cam, you literally have to wait a few seconds to even take a shot.
  21. I do have a valuable inventory for one of my games.
  22. I get periodic updates. I will try to avoid uninstalling and reinstalling everything.
  23. From one idiot to another, congratulations and welcome to >XI< ! Edit: Just realized how old this post was. Wasn't paying attention. Welcome anyway!
  24. Does anybody else use the Steam Mobile Authenticator App? Ever since I got Windows 10, when I start my computer and try to log into Steam the first time each day, I enter my password and hit enter but the prompt for the PIN number from the App doesn't pop up. Only when I use CCleaner to clear my cache, etc, does the prompt work, after entering my password a second time. Sometimes I have to clear my cache multiple times for it to work. I know Steam has some web browser cache and Downloads cache, but to have to clear that on a daily basis seems ridiculous. Has anyone else experienced this?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.